Not appointed to wrath.

One of the most common verses I have heard Christians use for us not being in the tribulation is;

1 Thessalonians 5:9
"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"

So the way I understand the logic is that the tribulation is the wrath of God being poured out on the earth; therefore, Christians can't be in the tribulations. However, this verse seems to say otherwise.

Revelation 7:14 (KJV 1900)
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of th
Lamb.

Does anyone have an insight on this?

One of the most common verses I have heard Christians use for us not being in the tribulation is;

So the way I understand the logic is that the tribulation is the wrath of God being poured out on the earth; therefore, Christians can't be in the tribulations. However, this verse seems to say otherwise.

Does anyone have an insight on this?

Why yes I do.

But 1st I would direct you to the "REVELATION" thread right here on the web site.

CONTEXT is in 1 Thessalonians 5:8. The prior verse added the imagery of armor to this spiritual readiness we should all be in.

Paul says that God does not intend wrath to the Thessalonian believers, but has saved them from the wrath he will pour out on earth during the tribulation. Believers will experience complete deliverance at the rapture, when Jesus calls every Christian to be with him (1 Corinthians 15:51–54; Philippians 3:20–21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13–17).

Now, in Rev. 7:13.........an unnamed elder asks John to name the people he sees in verse #14.

John says.......SEARCH ME!

It is thee elder who tells John that the multitude was coming out of the great tribulation and had been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Now remember, the Church (All Believers) were removed at the CATCHING AWAY.

This means that during the Tribulation Period, there will be a revival coming from the 2 Witness and the 144 thousand Jews who preached the gospel. Thos wo had never heard the gospel, HEAR IT, Believe it and are saved.

Jesus had described the time before His coming to earth to reign. He said it would be a time of famines, religious deception, international warfare, afflictions and death, stellar and global catastrophes, and persecution in Matthew 24. He also promised that "the one who endures to the end will be saved in Matthew 24:13.

All who belong to the white-robed multitude are those who had endured the perils of the tribulation period and had come through them safely.

Does that help you?

Back