Noahs Sons. Many Wives?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
The bible states Noah was righteous. So how did Noah his wife and his 3 sons (and wives) reproduce without incest?.

Was is possible Noahs sons had many wives then? or where Noah's sons actually 3 tribes of humans as some think?

I think its more likely Noahs sons had many wives and therefor could repopulate the earth.

1st Peter 3:20 tells us there were 8 souls on the ark. With 3 sons and wives the children would have married their cousins. Science has fairly recently found that it is ok for first cousins to marry and have children without any health issues.

The bible states Noah was righteous. So how did Noah his wife and his 3 sons (and wives) reproduce without incest?.

Was is possible Noahs sons had many wives then? or where Noah's sons actually 3 tribes of humans as some think?

I think its more likely Noahs sons had many wives and therefor could repopulate the earth.
Via.....there was Noah and his wife = 2.
Then there were his 3 sons = 3
Those 3 had 1 wife each = 3
People then on the Ark was..................8.

Genesis 5:32........
"After Noah was 500 years old, Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth."

Genesis 6:9.......
"These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

Genesis 7:1......
"And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."

Noah's 3 sons and their 3 wives then repopulated the earth.

Now, those children of those THREE would then be 1st cousins. The next Generation would be 2nd cousins and so on. So was INCEST involved....YES. Was INCEST involved with Adam and Eve??/ YES!

Until God commanded against it, it was not incest. That was not done until Leviticus 18:6-18, and until then, it was just marrying a close relative. It is undeniable that God allowed “incest” in the early centuries of humanity. Since Adam and Eve were the only two human beings on earth, their sons and daughters had no choice but to marry and reproduce with their siblings and close relatives. The second generation had to marry their cousins, just as after the flood the grandchildren of Noah had to intermarry amongst their cousins.

Your question of....."where Noah's sons actually 3 tribes of humans as some think?"

Historically, it has been taught that Noah’s three sons fathered three basic genetic groups:
1. Shem went to the East,
2. Ham to the South and
3. Japheth to the West.

So you are asking......"But would these represent three different races? "

The answer is clearly, “No.” They all had the same father, and therefore, represented one race. But that was over four thousand years ago.

Last edited:
Via.....there was Noah and his wife = 2.
Then there were his 3 sons = 3
Those 3 had 1 wife each = 3
People then on the Ark was..................8.

Genesis 5:32........
"After Noah was 500 years old, Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth."

Genesis 6:9.......
"These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

Genesis 7:1......
"And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."

Noah's 3 sons and their 3 wives then repopulated the earth.

Now, those children of those THREE would then be 1st cousins. The next Generation would be 2nd cousins and so on. So was INCEST involved....YES. Was INCEST involved with Adam and Eve??/ YES!

Until God commanded against it, it was not incest. That was not done until Leviticus 18:6-18, and until then, it was just marrying a close relative. It is undeniable that God allowed “incest” in the early centuries of humanity. Since Adam and Eve were the only two human beings on earth, their sons and daughters had no choice but to marry and reproduce with their siblings and close relatives. The second generation had to marry their cousins, just as after the flood the grandchildren of Noah had to intermarry amongst their cousins.

Your question of....."where Noah's sons actually 3 tribes of humans as some think?"

Historically, it has been taught that Noah’s three sons fathered three basic genetic groups:
1. Shem went to the East,
2. Ham to the South and
3. Japheth to the West.

So you are asking......"But would these represent three different races? "

The answer is clearly, “No.” They all had the same father, and therefore, represented one race. But that was over four thousand years ago.
That explains it well. Thankyou so much!

Back