New Zealand

user friendly?
um..not really. I think you might get lost if you don't really have a guide. Our mountains etc are dangerous. Some of them are volcanoes that blow up and there are earthquakes from time to time.

We don't all speak country English. Some of us speak Newzealandese. This is a very fast version of English that proper English people don't really understand.
i am not willing to go at it solo lol i like check things out if you can fix good vittles i would come see you lol

Everyone that I know that comes to Miami always want either a Media Noche or a Cuban Sandwich. They really look similar, but not in the taste. If not that, then it is Bistec Empanizado.

Media noche.jpg

Cuban sandwish.jpg

Bistec-Empanizado-Image-3.jpg

With RTM on a New Zealand thread he somehow has to make it all about himself and/or Florida again. Sigh.

Start your own thread on Florida/Miami already!! Come on. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ok I googled NZ food and it came up with pictures of pavlova, lolly cake, greenlip mussels, and whitebait fritters. Also meat pies, fish and chips, roast lamb, ginger slice, pineapple lumps, chocolate fish, and jaffas.
And flat white (it's a coffee).
And hokey pokey ice cream.

I am now very curious to see what a New Zealand theme restaurant in another country would serve as typical of our cuisine.

Bobinfath the dishes you mentioned are not NZ dishes. They just seem generic versions of things British people eat. I don't know ANYONE who eats brussel sprouts, much less at a restaurant!
Pyes - Butter Chicken Pie
Bangers and Mash
Crispy Brussel Sprout Chips

Roast Maine Lobster

Hello Lanolin;

I don't know, just from what the restaurants claim, that they are New Zealand dishers and just these four are quite delicious to the patrons of these restaurants.

Butter chicken pie are pyes and served at a restaurant in the Bay Area and considered NZ food.

Bangers and mash are sausages, onions, gravy and mashed potato.

Crispy brussel sprout chips are a type of chip. It appears brussel sprouts are a good food grown in New Zealand.

Roast Maine lobster are a popular seafood from New Zealand here in the Bay Area.

I'm sure there are many, many recipes from New Zealand all over.

about the moonshine and whiskey....
lol there both the same . i seldom eat the fancy named foods, i like good home cooking . i have a good taste for gravy and biscuits i have a roll of deer meat in the freezer and sausage to mix with it. then after its fried you make flour gravy lol

lol there both the same . i seldom eat the fancy named foods, i like good home cooking . i have a good taste for gravy and biscuits i have a roll of deer meat in the freezer and sausage to mix with it. then after its fried you make flour gravy lol
you might like fry bread or scones and jam or the roast lamb dinner with gravy and mint sauce then, with potatoes and kumara and pumpkin.

Sausage rolls and meat pies are also typical NZ foods.

Hello Lanolin;

I don't know, just from what the restaurants claim, that they are New Zealand dishers and just these four are quite delicious to the patrons of these restaurants.

Butter chicken pie are pyes and served at a restaurant in the Bay Area and considered NZ food.

Bangers and mash are sausages, onions, gravy and mashed potato.

Crispy brussel sprout chips are a type of chip. It appears brussel sprouts are a good food grown in New Zealand.

Roast Maine lobster are a popular seafood from New Zealand here in the Bay Area.

I'm sure there are many, many recipes from New Zealand all over.
I don't know about the brussels sprouts bobinfaith. I have never eaten them!
We have crayfish or rock lobster but it's never roasted and not from Maine.

Butter chicken pie maybe though its more of a British/Indian fusion food lol. The typical NZ meat pie is mince and cheese, potato top, steak and mushroom or just plain mince.

Bangers and mash...again more of a British food, NZ sausages tend to be barbecued/grilled and served in slice of white bread with ketchup and fried onions like an american hot dog.

Mash potatoes tend to go with lamb shank and spinach.

I'm sure they are variations on a theme though as restaurants tend to take a lot of liberty with traditional dishes and make them their own.

American food here is pretty much hamburgers and chips ('french fries') or steak and chips. An 'American hot dog'is not a deep fried sausage on a stick like a hot dog is here but a boiled sausage in a bun with mustard and ketchup. Washed down with Coca-cola of course. Otherwise Southern Fried Chicken or KFC is everywhere, and its strangely served with potato and gravy AND chips. I don't know why people would need to eat TWO lots of potatoes.

All of NZ has been placed under a National State of Emergency. Thanks to Cyclone Gabrielle!

Atm, wind is really picking up. Everyone is either staying home or evacuated to safer ground. Pray we get through this stormy weather with not too many casualties.

you might like fry bread or scones and jam or the roast lamb dinner with gravy and mint sauce then, with potatoes and kumara and pumpkin.

Sausage rolls and meat pies are also typical NZ foods.
iam sure the food types are different in N.Z compared to around here . i would still visit. can you fry potatoes make sausage gravy. or ]barbeque pork steaks hot dogs hamburgers

iam sure the food types are different in N.Z compared to around here . i would still visit. can you fry potatoes make sausage gravy. or ]barbeque pork steaks hot dogs hamburgers
yea we can do all those things.
But you can do all those things in the US too. lol
We even have pizza, and some pizza places claim they ship their special sauce all the way over from NYC. It's probably why that pizza is so expensive.

Ben and Jerry's are trying to infiltrate NZ. I see their little fridges with cows on them trying to make out like they just down on the farm freshly made ice cream when it's been tanker cargo shipped all the way over from the US. ^^

As if we don't have our own ice cream...lol

All of NZ has been placed under a National State of Emergency. Thanks to Cyclone Gabrielle!

Atm, wind is really picking up. Everyone is either staying home or evacuated to safer ground. Pray we get through this stormy weather with not too many casualties.

I will be praying for you, your family, and all of NZ. The video/reports are heart-breaking.
Please keep us updated & keep yourself safe.

God bless you. We love you :)

Back