Mushroom Clouds

It's been reported that around 2.5 tons of uranium has gone missing from Libya.

Kinda makes some people want to start looking out their windows for mushroom clouds on the horizon, like it was back in the 60's when they had us public school kids practicing getting under their desks in the event of a Cold War attack from Russia...as if that would ever have made any difference whatsoever!

When this kind of alarmism comes out in the news, I simply turn my eyes upward to our Lord, the very One who is in control. No matter what's in the mean-spirited hearts of the powers behind the taking of that material and its future use, our salvation and well-being are still intact and secure in Christ. That's comforting to me, even though they kill this body, that's the worst they can do, for as is written in Psalm 91, a thousand at our left hand and ten thousand at our right hand, all falling by various means, we are held in the most powerful Hands against which no other power has any means to take away even one soul.

He who knows where that uranium is located, and the future use intended for it, nothing can ever be done with it that does not pass through the Lord's own oversight and control.

Amen

MM

It's been reported that around 2.5 tons of uranium has gone missing from Libya.

Kinda makes some people want to start looking out their windows for mushroom clouds on the horizon, like it was back in the 60's when they had us public school kids practicing getting under their desks in the event of a Cold War attack from Russia...as if that would ever have made any difference whatsoever!

When this kind of alarmism comes out in the news, I simply turn my eyes upward to our Lord, the very One who is in control. No matter what's in the mean-spirited hearts of the powers behind the taking of that material and its future use, our salvation and well-being are still intact and secure in Christ. That's comforting to me, even though they kill this body, that's the worst they can do, for as is written in Psalm 91, a thousand at our left hand and ten thousand at our right hand, all falling by various means, we are held in the most powerful Hands against which no other power has any means to take away even one soul.

He who knows where that uranium is located, and the future use intended for it, nothing can ever be done with it that does not pass through the Lord's own oversight and control.

Amen

MM
PBS News Hour ---- " forces allied to a warlord battling the Libyan government based in the capital of Tripoli claimed on Thursday night that they recovered the material."

It is not the mushroom cloud you need to worry about......It will be your friends and neighbors who come for what you have after those clouds are gone.

If this happens, we all are going to be placed in a very "challenging" position.

YOU have prepared and have lots of water and canned goods and you and your children are ready. Then comes the knock on the door from someone from down the road and they ask you for some of what you have. Now if you give away what you have you place your children/grandchildren in the position of starving so that a person who did nothing may live a little longer.

We all would give away some of what we have TODAY because we know we can go to the store tomarrow. BUT, what will you do when there is NO store to go to if there is a nuclear conflict.

I encourage everyone to start thinking about this situation. Somethings in life must be decided before they happen.

Last edited:
PBS News Hour ---- " forces allied to a warlord battling the Libyan government based in the capital of Tripoli claimed on Thursday night that they recovered the material."

It is not the mushroom cloud you need to worry about......It will be your friends and neighbors who come for what you have after those clouds are gone.

If this happens, we all are going to be placed in a very "challenging" position.

YOU have prepared and have lots of water and canned goods and you and your children are ready. Then comes the knock on the door from someone from down the road and they ask you for some of what you have. Now if you give away what you have you place your children/grandchildren in the position of starving so that a person who did nothing may live a little longer.

We all would give away some of what we have TODAY because we know we can go to the store tomarrow. BUT, what will you do when there is NO store to go to if there is a nuclear conflict.

I encourage everyone to start thinking about this situation. Somethings in life must be decided before they happen.

That's really not a hard one to answer:

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Some might argue that the context above is speaking in terms of things being normal rather than in the confines of a national or global catastrophe.

Well, then let's look at this one:

2 Thessalonians 3:10, 12
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. ...
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

Again, some might argue that those verses too are not a reference to catastrophes of a broad nature that affects the populace as a whole.

As with much of scripture, there is within the body of the word of God the deeper, more profound things that one must first seek the Spirit of the Lord for revelation.

Now, we're not talking about building bigger barns, etc., but about simple, basic provisions. Dare one read those verses above and read them for what they DO, and what they DO NOT say, one will search in vain to find a defining word or statement as to whether things were normal or not as to where those commandments are specifically aimed. That thought can only be injected INTO the text, which is not at all a proper hermeneutic.

Given that even in what is called "poverty" here in the West, those living at that level are still FAR better off than the most impoverished of many other nations. with the decades of Government handouts and food stamps, not even the "poor" in the West have any excuse for not having provisions stashed away for a "rainy day." Instead, most squander what they are given on tobacco, drugs, alcohol, nicer cars, homes filled with Wal-Mart materialism, et al.

So, Major, you bring up a good point. Working is more than just a physical thing, but also a mental exercise in looking at situations in the world around us, and doing what is needful in the here-and-now. Given that the Lord has inspired it to be written that those who do not work do not eat, that speaks to the fact that compassion, even in the Mind of the Lord, is limited when confronting those who were too lazy and too indifferent to looking to their own well being, because we are also told:

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Glorioski...even the Lord will not be found when those who, when they are able, do not seek Him when He may be found, will they not be able to find Him when He is no longer near. The Lord is the One who laid down the line in, not sand, but in solid grounding that no man can change nor move.

MM

That's really not a hard one to answer:

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Some might argue that the context above is speaking in terms of things being normal rather than in the confines of a national or global catastrophe.

Well, then let's look at this one:

2 Thessalonians 3:10, 12
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. ...
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

Again, some might argue that those verses too are not a reference to catastrophes of a broad nature that affects the populace as a whole.

As with much of scripture, there is within the body of the word of God the deeper, more profound things that one must first seek the Spirit of the Lord for revelation.

Now, we're not talking about building bigger barns, etc., but about simple, basic provisions. Dare one read those verses above and read them for what they DO, and what they DO NOT say, one will search in vain to find a defining word or statement as to whether things were normal or not as to where those commandments are specifically aimed. That thought can only be injected INTO the text, which is not at all a proper hermeneutic.

Given that even in what is called "poverty" here in the West, those living at that level are still FAR better off than the most impoverished of many other nations. with the decades of Government handouts and food stamps, not even the "poor" in the West have any excuse for not having provisions stashed away for a "rainy day." Instead, most squander what they are given on tobacco, drugs, alcohol, nicer cars, homes filled with Wal-Mart materialism, et al.

So, Major, you bring up a good point. Working is more than just a physical thing, but also a mental exercise in looking at situations in the world around us, and doing what is needful in the here-and-now. Given that the Lord has inspired it to be written that those who do not work do not eat, that speaks to the fact that compassion, even in the Mind of the Lord, is limited when confronting those who were too lazy and too indifferent to looking to their own well being, because we are also told:

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Glorioski...even the Lord will not be found when those who, when they are able, do not seek Him when He may be found, will they not be able to find Him when He is no longer near. The Lord is the One who laid down the line in, not sand, but in solid grounding that no man can change nor move.

MM
Now I agree with you but I was not talking about Lack of Working!

I was referring to your "Mushroom" idea after it happens. There will be friends and neighbors who will run out of provisions and they will come to your house wanting you to share with them what you have.

The question then becomes.....will you give to those people and take away from your family because there likely will not be any trips to the grocery store for a long time.

What will you do when you look out your window and there are 3 or 4 men with weapons at your door????

There will be no police to call my dear brother.

This is something that we all must decide what we will do NOW not later.

I was referring to your "Mushroom" idea after it happens. There will be friends and neighbors who will run out of provisions and they will come to your house wanting you to share with them what you have.

The question then becomes.....will you give to those people and take away from your family because there likely will not be any trips to the grocery store for a long time.

In that scenario, there won't be stores at all, because once the collapse happens in the West, we have no reason to believe that it will be restored except perhaps under the totalitarian oversight of the man of sin. Australia, New Zealand, western Europe, etc., they will likely not suffer the same fate as America, but once the U.S. goes down, it will possibly go down hard and fast, and having some provisions in the midst the masses that don't on account of them having squandered their income on materialistic things rather than preparing when the storm clouds were on the horizon...nope. They have the responsibility for themselves and their own families without taking from mine in that situation.

It's one thing to give when one is not in the midst of tragic, nationwide horrors, and quite another when one is in the midst of a measure of stability where he can replenish what he has in order to continue giving.

This is indeed a hard question, but what occurred to me is that so many out there have this idea that the Lord is the Great Sugar-Daddy in the Sky, and that compassion is the only defining quality He has, when in fact He allowed the death of all those first born, including babies, in Egypt, He commanded the killing of even women and children and babies in some of the wars, et al. Far too many people have a warped view of God, thinking that He's one big charity, and ignore the wrath and judgements of a most Righteous Lord.

What will you do when you look out your window and there are 3 or 4 men with weapons at your door????

There will be no police to call my dear brother.

This is something that we all must decide what we will do NOW not later.

I've already considered that, and I don't believe they will stand at the door with their weapons, waiting to be shot. Gorilla warfare for food will be the modus operandi, and we will live or die on the basis of how good we are at defending our families. However, that depends on when the wedding supper of the Lamb begins... It's possible we won't have to worry about any of that...

MM

In that scenario, there won't be stores at all, because once the collapse happens in the West, we have no reason to believe that it will be restored except perhaps under the totalitarian oversight of the man of sin. Australia, New Zealand, western Europe, etc., they will likely not suffer the same fate as America, but once the U.S. goes down, it will possibly go down hard and fast, and having some provisions in the midst the masses that don't on account of them having squandered their income on materialistic things rather than preparing when the storm clouds were on the horizon...nope. They have the responsibility for themselves and their own families without taking from mine in that situation.

It's one thing to give when one is not in the midst of tragic, nationwide horrors, and quite another when one is in the midst of a measure of stability where he can replenish what he has in order to continue giving.

This is indeed a hard question, but what occurred to me is that so many out there have this idea that the Lord is the Great Sugar-Daddy in the Sky, and that compassion is the only defining quality He has, when in fact He allowed the death of all those first born, including babies, in Egypt, He commanded the killing of even women and children and babies in some of the wars, et al. Far too many people have a warped view of God, thinking that He's one big charity, and ignore the wrath and judgements of a most Righteous Lord.

I've already considered that, and I don't believe they will stand at the door with their weapons, waiting to be shot. Gorilla warfare for food will be the modus operandi, and we will live or die on the basis of how good we are at defending our families. However, that depends on when the wedding supper of the Lamb begins... It's possible we won't have to worry about any of that...

MM
I was trying to be sweet by saying......"Knocking on the door". I think we both know that if there is such a conflict there will be a home invasion type of scenario. THAT is what we have to decide "now" what action we will take "then".

We do not know how long it will be till the Rapture.

I was trying to be sweet by saying......"Knocking on the door". I think we both know that if there is such a conflict there will be a home invasion type of scenario. THAT is what we have to decide "now" what action we will take "then".

We do not know how long it will be till the Rapture.

True indeed. Assuming the people of America still legally own guns to defend their families and homes if/when that all happens, home invasions will start in the cities, and move outward as people desperate for food will launch outward to find what they need for their own survival at the expense of all others who cross their paths. It won't be pretty if it happens, and given that 1/2+ of all the earth's population will be dead by the end of the tribulation, as well as ALL life in all the seas will be dead (which will greatly reduce the oxygen content in the air for the remaining people to breath), the misery unbelievers and lukewarm believers are about to experience should they live long enough through it all...no thanks. Dr. Barnett once stated how all of that will be only an inkling sample of what Hell will be like. I wish more people would take that seriously. I love people too much to think too much of their being in that spiral toward death in such horrors as will be unleashed upon this earth in those years.

MM

Hello Musicmaster and Major;

I was not aware uranium was missing from Libya nor it being recovered according to PBS's reporting.

I began praying for Libya since Benghazi. I know the country is comprised mostly of Muslims and today the United States has a co-existing and cooperative relationship. Libya has a small percentage of Christians and when I pray for this country I join them in prayer.

Jesus is not manipulated by countries who don't worship Him yet flex their muscles to the world. Instead He focuses on the few with only 2 fish and 5 loaves and is not embarrassed by our inefficiencies.

In my thoughts of His Return, of course I can't stay on top of everything, but I am thinking and praying for the world as a whole. Jesus will not only return partially, but on all four corners of the earth.

It's crossed my mind. What will I do for my family and myself if our lives are attacked, spiritually, physically or militarily, I have all the faith in Christ while He multiplies my offered weaknesses (few in number.)

Question I feel you both are posing is, are we prepared?

God bless
you, brothers.

Question I feel you both are posing is, are we prepared?

The most important preparation that is most compelling and needful is the spiritual preparation. All else is of no everlasting value if the spiritual is neglected. I'm preaching to the choir, yes, but for those who are reading and not commenting, and who may know deep down that they are not prepared, as Christ commanded in places like Luke 21:36. Prepare your hearts and minds, as well as your loving family, so that we ALL may be there with Him when that one great day arrives.

MM

The most important preparation that is most compelling and needful is the spiritual preparation. All else is of no everlasting value if the spiritual is neglected. I'm preaching to the choir, yes, but for those who are reading and not commenting, and who may know deep down that they are not prepared, as Christ commanded in places like Luke 21:36. Prepare your hearts and minds, as well as your loving family, so that we ALL may be there with Him when that one great day arrives.
MM

Amen, MM;

This is why we must keep reaching those who have ears and eyes, but aren't allowing for hearing and reading.

We're running out of heros for the Gospel and Spiritual Preparation, brother.

I do have faith that those in the world wide public are reading Mushroom Clouds, giving us all much to think about.

God bless
you, brother, and thank you for sharing.

Bob

I'm not so sure that we, as Christians, should be concerned more with selfish personal survival than helping our neighbors. After all, the sooner we meet physical death, the sooner we meet Jesus in person. Christians never die. I'm reminded of the song lyrics, "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

That being said brother, I still respect your opinion and offer no criticism.

God bless ya bro.

I'm not so sure that we, as Christians, should be concerned more with selfish personal survival than helping our neighbors. After all, the sooner we meet physical death, the sooner we meet Jesus in person. Christians never die. I'm reminded of the song lyrics, "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

God bless ya bro.

I'm not suggesting that you're positing this thought, but some may take your meaning as something akin to murder of one's own family and suicide. In other words, give what you have away to the squandering neighbors so that you then speed up the death of your own family and yourself.

The way I take your meaning is that in the case of your not having family to feed, you would willingly give it all up, even if it means you will die sooner. Is that correct?

MM

I'm not suggesting that you're positing this thought, but some may take your meaning as something akin to murder of one's own family and suicide. In other words, give what you have away to the squandering neighbors so that you then speed up the death of your own family and yourself.

The way I take your meaning is that in the case of your not having family to feed, you would willingly give it all up, even if it means you will die sooner. Is that correct?

MM
Would Jesus deprive his neighbors of assistance in order to horde things for himself?

I'm not so sure that we, as Christians, should be concerned more with selfish personal survival than helping our neighbors. After all, the sooner we meet physical death, the sooner we meet Jesus in person. Christians never die. I'm reminded of the song lyrics, "everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." That being said brother, I still respect your opinion and offer no criticism. God bless ya bro.
Would Jesus deprive his neighbors of assistance in order to horde things for himself?

Hello BibleLover;

Please clarify your posts so we/I can understand, brother.

In this topic, yes, in a Spiritual sense we think of others first before ourselves, and tend to ourselves as well, thus prayer for both, including those who don't think of Jesus and aren't there yet (need the Gospel.)

God bless you, BibleLover and thank you.

That's a good question, the answer to which I would have to say no...in certain contexts. When times allow for continued stocking of provision that I could give to others without causing my family to go without, I would definitely give to those who ask.

In other words, I would never suggest the concept of hoarding when one is able to provide for others in need without placing his own family in jeopardy.

On the other hand, storing up for a rainy day, so to speak, and keeping it for the support of my family in the event of that rainy day hitting, that is not hoarding. So perhaps we should define terms carefully to keep others from misunderstanding our meaning.

I was asked what I would do, and the scriptures that Jesus inspired to be written says this:

This applies to a number of variations of situations. Many of us here have family to provide for, and there is no contextual limitation to that responsibility the Lord laid upon all who have family to look after and provide for.

Therefore, in the scenario of a market crash and there is no food on the shelves for anyone, if we give away our provisions for our families with no regard for our God-given responsibility, then we become as Paul revealed, which is worse than infidels and deniers of the faith. Were I to give away what we have to others, then look back at my family, shrug my shoulders and say, "Well, at least I have stored up treasure in Heaven...," I've become the very thing Paul, under inspiration of Holy Spirit, stated is worse than an infidel and a denier of the faith.

Now, if that is not a correct understanding of that verse, then I invite discussion, because this is indeed an important point that has come up.

Thanks, BL, for your post.

MM

God bless ya bro.
None seen brother. I was just posting a situation that we may or may never have to face. If there was ever a 3rd war with atomics, the best thing would be for the 1st one to land on our heads!!!!

"If" that ever happened, and my wife was still alive we would feed the entire neighborhood!!!! That is who she is!

Thnaks for the post and blessing back at you!

True indeed. Assuming the people of America still legally own guns to defend their families and homes if/when that all happens, home invasions will start in the cities, and move outward as people desperate for food will launch outward to find what they need for their own survival at the expense of all others who cross their paths. It won't be pretty if it happens, and given that 1/2+ of all the earth's population will be dead by the end of the tribulation, as well as ALL life in all the seas will be dead (which will greatly reduce the oxygen content in the air for the remaining people to breath), the misery unbelievers and lukewarm believers are about to experience should they live long enough through it all...no thanks. Dr. Barnett once stated how all of that will be only an inkling sample of what Hell will be like. I wish more people would take that seriously. I love people too much to think too much of their being in that spiral toward death in such horrors as will be unleashed upon this earth in those years.

MM
Amen!

We can clearly see the spirit of anti-Christ in Mr. Putin just as could have been seen in Hitler.

Anyone who can threaten nuclear is either Satanic or crazy.......or both!

God blesss you for yu well thought out responces.

Back