List of Totally and Partially Omitted Passages in the Modern Translations

Since none of us are well-studied in the Biblical languages (esp. Greek) (except perhaps Origin), this whole matter comes down to personal preference, especially when we see the CT leaving out and adding words as well as the MT.
The main differences between the two is methodology.

Notice, however, I have never said uses this Greek text or don't uses that Greek text. One may uses which ever Greek text they prefer. Nevertheless, people should not simply parrot the claims of others without verifiable evidence. I know that is sometimes very difficult, especially if one does not the languages. Yet that is all the more reason a person should be very careful with their claims.

All I really care about is, are people reading the Bible? And again I don't much care which translation they use (i.e. KJV, NKJV, ESV, NIV, CSB, NASB, RSV, NLT, LEB, etc.).

I just don't think there is some type of conspiracy at play.
I agree 100%.

I would go with the text that contains the most manuscripts, and that are mostly void of errors (Majority Text).
See post 63.

There are far too many omissions, interpolations and transpositions in the Minority Text.
I counted the partial list of difference below between the MT and TR. By my count there are 302, and remember that list is NOT exhaustive.

So it comes to the majority text and the textus receptus, what is the exact number when it does become a problem for you? What number is that?

These are primarily the only two sources of manuscript copies.
This claim is blatantly false and I have provided a list of manuscript evidence to prove it.

God has preserved His Word only in one or the other!
This is the false dilemma fallacy.

Last edited:
Since the majority of manuscripts omit these examples (and many others as well), and given the fact you have claimed the majority reading is the one to be accepted, why don't you following reject the majority reading?
I'll always trust the source that has the most manuscript witnesses. I really don't understand how you can miss the main problem, considering the grossness of neglect with the CT, and its few witnesses! The MT has 80% of manuscript witness, and the CT only 10%.

Last edited:
I'll always trust the source that has the most manuscript witnesses. I really don't understand how you can miss the main problem, considering the grossness of neglect with the CT, and its few witnesses! The MT has 80% of manuscript witness, and the CT only 1
10%.
Won't some argue on the other hand that the oldest, being closest to the originals, would be the most accurate?

Won't some argue on the other hand that the oldest, being closest to the originals, would be the most accurate?
Good point of course, but in this case the primary source of manuscripts for the CT (Critical Text: Vaticanus; Sinaiticus and Alexandrian) were discarded by the early scribes as being corrupt and so were not used for copying purposes. They were in disuse for 1500 years, and just recently discovered (1800's). This corrupted source makes up only 10% of manuscript witnesses; the MT, or Majority Text makes up 80% of manuscript witnesses. Their old, but their mold! The CT manuscripts, if were used for copying purposes as much as the MT manuscripts, they would have encountered the same deterioration from wear as the MT source did.

The omissions are the worse corruptions, but they also changed many readings of the Traditional Text by transpositions and interpolations, detracting many encouraging passages and original phrases of the TT.

Good point of course, but in this case the primary source of manuscripts for the CT (Critical Text: Vaticanus; Sinaiticus and Alexandrian) were discarded by the early scribes as being corrupt and so were not used for copying purposes. They were in disuse for 1500 years, and just recently discovered (1800's). This corrupted source makes up only 10% of manuscript witnesses; the MT, or Majority Text makes up 80% of manuscript witnesses. Their old, but their mold! The CT manuscripts, if were used for copying purposes as much as the MT manuscripts, they would have encountered the same deterioration from wear as the MT source did.

The omissions are the worse corruptions, but they also changed many readings of the Traditional Text by transpositions and interpolations, detracting many encouraging passages and original phrases of the TT.
So what do you suppose led certain individuals to corrupt the text (via VSA) and why?

So what do you suppose led certain individuals to corrupt the text (via VSA) and why?
You ask something that nearly all those from other the sites I share on for 15 years now have not not asked; and it is the crux of the matter!

It's going to seem like I'm on a translation vendetta, but I'm not. I'm just sharing what I believe concerns the most important aspect of believers, and that is their spiritual growth. Regardless of where we are in the maturity of Christ (Eph 4:15), those who are reborn will continue to "be conformed into the image of His Son" (Rom 8:29). Most of one's spiritual growth derives from reading and studying God's Word; and it is the only tangible item we have of God. Thus since Satan's first attack on God's Word was "Yes, hath God said" (Gen 3:1), and these modern translations are His handy work, mixing truth with error.

My goal is not trying to get anyone to believe what I am sharing in my posts concerning this issue, but just presenting information that most are not familiar with, so they can make their own discernment; for all answer for their own decisions. Though this issue is nonessential (doctrine related to receiving salvation), one can choose what they may without affecting for their salvation; but what we choose will determine our spiritual growth, which mostly comes from reading and studying the Word (which many do not do yet anyway). I venture to say that considering how close it is to the Lord Jesus' final advent, that the Body of Christ will be at its lowest maturity level. But He is going to catch us up on all truth.

I'll always trust the source that has the most manuscript witnesses.
Then you reject Acts 8:37 and half of Mat 27:35.

Acts 8:37, Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” He answered, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”, is missing from the Majority Text.

Matthew 27:35, "that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: ‘They divided my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots;’”

They are not found in the Majority Text as the evidence clearly demonstrates.

And of course that would mean you must also reject much of Acts 9:5-6.

"And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him,
Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do."

All of the above text in red bold is NOT found in the Majority text. Here is the Majority\Byzantine text and that section is omitted.
Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 5.20.28 PM.png
I really don't understand how you can miss the main problem, considering the grossness of neglect with the CT, and its few witnesses!
There's that ad populum fallacy again. Truth is not determined by a nose count.

Last edited:
“As the Emperor Constantine embraced Christianity, it became necessary for him to choose which Bible he would sanction. He preferred the one edited by Eusebius and written by Origen, the outstanding intellectual figure that had combined Christianity with Gnosticism in his philosophy, even as Constantine was himself the political genius that was seeking to unite Christianity with pagan Rome.” –Which Bible, David Otis Fuller, D.D., page 195, first paragraph

This is why the Catholic religion embraces so many anti-Christian doctrines, like the doctrine of “Immaculate Conception”: “the conception of the Virgin Mary in which as decreed in Roman Catholic dogma her soul was preserved free from original sin by divine grace.” –Merriam/Webster Dictionary

“As the Emperor Constantine embraced Christianity, it became necessary for him to choose which Bible he would sanction. He preferred the one edited by Eusebius and written by Origen, the outstanding intellectual figure that had combined Christianity with Gnosticism in his philosophy, even as Constantine was himself the political genius that was seeking to unite Christianity with pagan Rome.” –Which Bible, David Otis Fuller, D.D., page 195, first paragraph
That is simply not true.

First, Eusebius cites the letter from Constantine.

"Victor Constantinus, Maximus Augustus, to Eusebius.
It happens, through the favoring providence of God our Saviour, that great numbers have united themselves to the most holy church in the city which is called by my name. It seems, therefore, highly requisite, since that city is rapidly advancing in prosperity in all other respects, that the number of churches should also be increased. Do you, therefore, receive with all readiness my determination on this behalf. I have thought it expedient to instruct your Prudence to order fifty copies of the sacred Scriptures, the provision and use of which you know to be most needful for the instruction of the Church, to be written on prepared parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient, portable form, by professional transcribers thoroughly practiced in their art. The catholicus of the diocese has also received instructions by letter from our Clemency to be careful to furnish all things necessary for the preparation of such copies; and it will be for you to take special care that they be completed with as little delay as possible. You have authority also, in virtue of this letter, to use two of the public carriages for their conveyance, by which arrangement the copies when fairly written will most easily be forwarded for my personal inspection; and one of the deacons of your church may be intrusted with this service, who, on his arrival here, shall experience my liberality. God preserve you, beloved brother!"

Eusebius was instructed "to order fifty copies of the sacred Scriptures." They were to be "written on prepared parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient, portable form, by professional transcribers thoroughly practiced in their art." That's it. Constantine does not even mention Origen. There is no record for your claim, zero. It is a complete fabrication.

Second, there is NO EVIDENCE Origen edited a Bible. Origen created the Hexapla (i.e. sixfold - six columns). It compared the Hebrew text of the Old Testament to known Greek translations of the Old Testament.

The six columns were:
(1) the Hebrew text in Hebrew letters
(2) the Hebrew text in Greek letters, i.e. transliteration
(3) the Greek version of Aquila
(4) the Greek version of Symmachus
(5) the Greek version of the LXX
(6) the Greek version of Theodotion

Third, the Hexapla did not contain the New Testament nor is there is evidence Origen produce one. NONE! Again, the claim is a complete fabrication.

Fourth, your claims lack primary source. In other word, you have no evidence for your claim.

This is why the Catholic religion embraces so many anti-Christian doctrines, like the doctrine of “Immaculate Conception”: “the conception of the Virgin Mary in which as decreed in Roman Catholic dogma her soul was preserved free from original sin by divine grace.” –Merriam/Webster Dictionary
There is NOTHING in any New Testament manuscript that support the immaculate conception. If you have one which does, then name the manuscript. And given the fact you won't be able to provide one, your claim is proven false.

Here is a photo of page 195 in Fuller books.
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 10.06.16 AM.png
Notice Fuller offers ZERO evidence for his claim. He cites no primary sources, and we do have primary sources from that time. In fact he cites no sources of any kind what-so-ever. This is at best incompetent research, at worst dishonest.

Last edited:
That is simply not true.

First, Eusebius cites the letter from Constantine.

"Victor Constantinus, Maximus Augustus, to Eusebius.
It happens, through the favoring providence of God our Saviour, that great numbers have united themselves to the most holy church in the city which is called by my name. It seems, therefore, highly requisite, since that city is rapidly advancing in prosperity in all other respects, that the number of churches should also be increased. Do you, therefore, receive with all readiness my determination on this behalf. I have thought it expedient to instruct your Prudence to order fifty copies of the sacred Scriptures, the provision and use of which you know to be most needful for the instruction of the Church, to be written on prepared parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient, portable form, by professional transcribers thoroughly practiced in their art. The catholicus of the diocese has also received instructions by letter from our Clemency to be careful to furnish all things necessary for the preparation of such copies; and it will be for you to take special care that they be completed with as little delay as possible. You have authority also, in virtue of this letter, to use two of the public carriages for their conveyance, by which arrangement the copies when fairly written will most easily be forwarded for my personal inspection; and one of the deacons of your church may be intrusted with this service, who, on his arrival here, shall experience my liberality. God preserve you, beloved brother!"

Eusebius was instructed "to order fifty copies of the sacred Scriptures." They were to be "written on prepared parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient, portable form, by professional transcribers thoroughly practiced in their art." That's it. Constantine does not even mention Origen. There is no record for your claim, zero. It is a complete fabrication.

Second, there is NO EVIDENCE Origen edited a Bible. Origen created the Hexapla (i.e. sixfold - six columns). It compared the Hebrew text of the Old Testament to known Greek translations of the Old Testament.

The six columns were:
(1) the Hebrew text in Hebrew letters
(2) the Hebrew text in Greek letters, i.e. transliteration
(3) the Greek version of Aquila
(4) the Greek version of Symmachus
(5) the Greek version of the LXX
(6) the Greek version of Theodotion

Third, the Hexapla did not contain the New Testament nor is there is evidence Origen produce one. NONE! Again, the claim is a complete fabrication.

Fourth, your claims lack primary source. In other word, you have no evidence for your claim.

There is NOTHING in any New Testament manuscript that support the immaculate conception. If you have one which does, then name the manuscript. And given the fact you won't be able to provide one, your claim is proven false.

Here is a photo of page 195 in Fuller books.
View attachment 9583
Notice Fuller offers ZERO evidence for his claim. He cites no primary sources, and we do have primary sources from that time. In fact he cites no sources of any kind what-so-ever. This is at best incompetent research, at worst dishonest.
Your comment, "This is at best incompetent research, at worst dishonest." is spot on. During the first half of the 20th century a number of then prominent fundamentalist clergymen began to double down on the sanctity of the KJV. This was a reaction to the development of a more informed approach to textual criticism and Bible translation. In making their cases, they operated fast and loose with the facts, skewing them to support their biased scholarship. Because of his work on the NKJV, my friend, Dr. James Price, was often a public target for the disciples of those dishonest scholars. I just wish Christians would display the fruits of the Spirit, rather than the fruits of fanaticism, when discussing the Bible.

The absence of any manuscript evidence concerning Immaculate Conception (which only applies to the Lord Jesus) is one of a multitude of anti-Christian doctrines.
(Not wanting to derail this topic), but I thought the dogma of The Immaculate Conception came out of Church Tradition rather than the texts themselves.

(Not wanting to derail this topic), but I thought the dogma of The Immaculate Conception came out of Church Tradition rather than the texts themselves.
Immaculate Conception is one the Papacy's primary doctrines, because of Mariology, which is the worship of Mary, the Mother of the Lord Jesus. They teach she is co-author of salvation with Christ, and many other anit-Christian doctrines.

Immaculate Conception is one the Papacy's primary doctrines, because of Mariology, which is the worship of Mary, the Mother of the Lord Jesus. They teach she is co-author of salvation with Christ, and many other anit-Christian doctrines.
Yes, I know about those things, but I was asking, 'Was the source of the IC, the texts of Scripture or Church Tradition?
Remember, she holds Church Tradition on par with Scripture.

Back