Just Thinking #2...Can Morality Be Legislated???

People who know me say that I am a simply speaking person. I AM! I went to Seminary (2) and learned the thinks of God and HIs Bible but my father taught me to speak to others and say what I thought and remember that I am talking to normal people who work, pay bills and try to get through another day.
Now....I am so simple minded that I actually believe what God said in His Bible to us. Imagine that! God addressed same sex marriages and He kept it very, very simple so that we could understand it. Allow me to quote what He literally said............

Leviticus 18:22............(KJV)
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

The New Modern "Today's Updated Bible Translation"..........
"You shall not have sex with a man. It is disgusting".

Country boy English = “You shall not have sex with a male as you do with a woman”.

All Three same the very same thing. Homosexual behaviour is more than sin, it is an abomination. KJV is very old, and the Today's Updated Bible Translation is new and the country boy is mine.

While not every state has legalized marriage between LGBTQ+ individuals within its state lines, every state must recognize marriages conducted in other states. The June 26, 2015 US Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges confirmed that same-sex marriages are protected by the 14th Amendment, and the Respect for Marriage Act enshrined protections for LGBTQ+ marriages into national law in December 2022.

Now to the point. Why do we ask......What is happening to our country???? What is going on??? Is God mad at America????

My answer is YES! God is mad at the USA and we are in fact in the process of being judged by God. WHY??????

Because God mandated that ONE man should marry ONE woman and produce children and he called that a "Family". There are TWO things that destroy the family plan of God.........
1. Abortion
2. Homosexuality.

Both come from legislation from man which is in direct opposition of the Word of God. Many churches have followed the Scripture but will that last?

Now if you believe that churches, synagogues, priests and Pastors will not eventually be sued legally for denouncing homosexual marriages, you are living in a dream world and Barbi is you next door neighbor. Pay attention to Chai Feldman, a Georgetown University Law professor and homosexual activist who helps to draft FEDERAL legislation related to sexual orientation has said concern on-going law suits against religious leaders-
"I am having a real hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty can win"!

You might want to read that again real slow! An NPR radio report on this conflict noted that .................
"The outlook is very grim for all religious groups opposing same sex marriages".

Yes......some of you are probably right. I am old fashioned and I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is just not a big deal and I should lite my pipe, pet the dog and take a nap.

I wonder if that is what was said in Sodom and Gomorrah before the fire fell?

WOW.... Major . This thread could go sideways FAST. Good luck with this.

I think Canada might probably be way ahead of the USA for mandating tolerance/acceptance. Anyone who dares to remain biblical as far as the topic of FAMILY and marriage is deemed as spewing forth HATE. I personally feel that the time of suffering for our faith is at our doorstep.
This entire ideology was very sneaky in their agenda. It began as... TOLERANCE... then moved to ACCEPTANCE... and we are now in Canada at the place of EQUALITY.... It did not take long for us to get here.

I will be praying for this thread. God bless you my dear brother.

Sheep and goats are being sorted, and the goats believe they're on the "right side of history." A great delusion is setting the stage for Christian persecution over LGBTQ+ issues even though Islam (which has stricter laws against homosexual behavior) remains untouched by the insane, deluded liberals.

Hello Major;

In Leviticus 18:22 and 20:22 God is stern about a man lying with a man.

But since the times of Sodom and Gomorrah and throughout the New Testament men and women have desperately searched for a way to go around God's stern command even to this day.

I shudder at the hearing of leader's voices who sway the people away, such at this topic, from the Lord unto sin.

Jeremiah 23:1, “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. - ESV

What's amazing is God already knew this would and will happen.

God bless you, Major, and thank you for sharing.

Bob

WOW.... Major . This thread could go sideways FAST. Good luck with this.

I think Canada might probably be way ahead of the USA for mandating tolerance/acceptance. Anyone who dares to remain biblical as far as the topic of FAMILY and marriage is deemed as spewing forth HATE. I personally feel that the time of suffering for our faith is at our doorstep.
This entire ideology was very sneaky in their agenda. It began as... TOLERANCE... then moved to ACCEPTANCE... and we are now in Canada at the place of EQUALITY.... It did not take long for us to get here.

I will be praying for this thread. God bless you my dear brother.
"Sideways"???? Not sure I understand that idea.

You see, I come from the fact that God said what He wanted to say and asked us to be obedient. We either are or we are not!

I do understand what you are saying. It is the process of "Gradual Acceptance or Desensitisationalism".

Allow me illustrate. Based on real historical facts, the first utterance of a curse word in a major motion picture came in 1929, with the use of the word "damn." Then five years later the phrase "S_ _ of a ____". Then in 1940 came the word used to describe sex.
That is gradual acceptance. Because there was NO uproar over "Dam" the language was allowed to get even worse to the point now that every word you can think of is said not just on movies but on daytime TV.

Homosexual marriage is exactly the same thing.

However, when we allow the acceptance of known sin to be the law of the people, there then will not be a door left to be opened.

Sheep and goats are being sorted, and the goats believe they're on the "right side of history." A great delusion is setting the stage for Christian persecution over LGBTQ+ issues even though Islam (which has stricter laws against homosexual behavior) remains untouched by the insane, deluded liberals.
Agreed.

Hello Major;

In Leviticus 18:22 and 20:22 God is stern about a man lying with a man.

But since the times of Sodom and Gomorrah and throughout the New Testament men and women have desperately searched for a way to go around God's stern command even to this day.

I shudder at the hearing of leader's voices who sway the people away, such at this topic, from the Lord unto sin.

Jeremiah 23:1, “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. - ESV

What's amazing is God already knew this would and will happen.

God bless you, Major, and thank you for sharing.

Bob
Benjamin W. Bull, chief counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, an Arizona-based Christian legal organization, is a strong proponent of the view that legalizing same-sex marriage would negatively affect society. "It will so erode and diminish the meaning of marriage as we know it, that as an institution which encourages a certain traditional lifestyle choice, it will no longer exist," Bull says. "When this occurs . . . virtually all sexual behavior and lifestyle choices become value-neutral."

In other word that relates to Romans 1:26 and following...........
"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [i]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [j]men, leaving the natural use of the [k]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [l]sexual immorality, wickedness, [m]covetousness, [n]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [o]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [p]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."

"Sideways"???? Not sure I understand that idea.
I am in 100% agreement with you regarding this topic... What I meant by sideways is that I thought it might be one of those taboo topics
within these forums. I have no problem accepting everything you have said.

People who know me say that I am a simply speaking person. I AM! I went to Seminary (2) and learned the thinks of God and HIs Bible but my father taught me to speak to others and say what I thought and remember that I am talking to normal people who work, pay bills and try to get through another day.
Now....I am so simple minded that I actually believe what God said in His Bible to us. Imagine that! God addressed same sex marriages and He kept it very, very simple so that we could understand it. Allow me to quote what He literally said............

Leviticus 18:22............(KJV)
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

The New Modern "Today's Updated Bible Translation"..........
"You shall not have sex with a man. It is disgusting".

Country boy English = “You shall not have sex with a male as you do with a woman”.

All Three same the very same thing. Homosexual behaviour is more than sin, it is an abomination. KJV is very old, and the Today's Updated Bible Translation is new and the country boy is mine.

While not every state has legalized marriage between LGBTQ+ individuals within its state lines, every state must recognize marriages conducted in other states. The June 26, 2015 US Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges confirmed that same-sex marriages are protected by the 14th Amendment, and the Respect for Marriage Act enshrined protections for LGBTQ+ marriages into national law in December 2022.

Now to the point. Why do we ask......What is happening to our country???? What is going on??? Is God mad at America????

My answer is YES! God is mad at the USA and we are in fact in the process of being judged by God. WHY??????

Because God mandated that ONE man should marry ONE woman and produce children and he called that a "Family". There are TWO things that destroy the family plan of God.........
1. Abortion
2. Homosexuality.

Both come from legislation from man which is in direct opposition of the Word of God. Many churches have followed the Scripture but will that last?

Now if you believe that churches, synagogues, priests and Pastors will not eventually be sued legally for denouncing homosexual marriages, you are living in a dream world and Barbi is you next door neighbor. Pay attention to Chai Feldman, a Georgetown University Law professor and homosexual activist who helps to draft FEDERAL legislation related to sexual orientation has said concern on-going law suits against religious leaders-
"I am having a real hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty can win"!

You might want to read that again real slow! An NPR radio report on this conflict noted that .................
"The outlook is very grim for all religious groups opposing same sex marriages".

Yes......some of you are probably right. I am old fashioned and I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is just not a big deal and I should lite my pipe, pet the dog and take a nap.

I wonder if that is what was said in Sodom and Gomorrah before the fire fell?
Morality can't be legislated because legislation applies to law, which has very little application to morality. A lot of laws support immorality but seldom morality (especially biblical morality).

Morality can't be legislated because legislation applies to law, which has very little application to morality. A lot of laws support immorality but seldom morality (especially biblical morality).
Ding-Ding-Ding........we have a winner!

Why is the USA in the condition it is in was asked! BL just gave the answer.

This is what we are experiencing today. Law and order are deteriorating because the religious foundations, the Biblical foundations, are being denied by the courts and by the people. Our American system of laws has rested on a Biblical foundation of law, on Biblical morality, and we are now denying that Biblical foundation for a humanistic one.

From colonial days to the present, American law has represented Biblical faith and morality. Because it has been Biblical, our laws have not tried to save men by law, but they have sought to establish and maintain that system of law and order which is most conducive to godly service and to limit chaos!

Ding-Ding-Ding........we have a winner!

Why is the USA in the condition it is in was asked! BL just gave the answer.

This is what we are experiencing today. Law and order are deteriorating because the religious foundations, the Biblical foundations, are being denied by the courts and by the people. Our American system of laws has rested on a Biblical foundation of law, on Biblical morality, and we are now denying that Biblical foundation for a humanistic one.

From colonial days to the present, American law has represented Biblical faith and morality. Because it has been Biblical, our laws have not tried to save men by law, but they have sought to establish and maintain that system of law and order which is most conducive to godly service and to limit chaos!
In my BC (before Christ) days, our saying was "Since we came from the animals, why not live like them?"

Evolution has been the main antagonist and supplanter of godliness in the 20th century. IMHO

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams (TO THE OFFICERS OF THE FIRST BRIGADE OF THE THIRD DIVISION OF THE MILITIA OF MASSACHUSETTS, 11 October, 1798)

It seems we need to prepare for persecution.
YES! Persecution of Christians is rampant in other parts of the world. We here in the USA have been shielded......so far.

However, having been to other foreign areas I can testify that it is not that way everywhere!

We are not allowed by forum rules to discuss the Rapture but the Bible fact is that we do not know what Christians will have to endure before that event removes the church.

In my BC (before Christ) days, our saying was "Since we came from the animals, why not live like them?"

Evolution has been the main antagonist and supplanter of godliness in the 20th century. IMHO
In my BC days......it was.........."Live love and get drunk today and not worry about tomarrow!"

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams (TO THE OFFICERS OF THE FIRST BRIGADE OF THE THIRD DIVISION OF THE MILITIA OF MASSACHUSETTS, 11 October, 1798)
Adams and his like-minded peers believed that any moral system had to be grounded in a belief in God, but the specific aspects of that belief, or how they manifested themselves in a particular religion, unfortunately were of little if any interest to them.

Back