Irresistible Grace & People "falling Away" From Christianity. How Does This Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I didn't see anyone not caring.

I will quickly admit that as a still-adjusting Reformed person, I am still confused about how to pray for the lost. I just keep doing what I did as an Arminian and hope it is not an affront yo G-d. :oops:

Hey TezriLi (waving). Just another thought: If (and it says so in scripture many many) God wants us all back - Wouldn't He be able to make that possible?
I read alot of posts about whether we have choice (for God, against God) with a mixture of God created some for damnation. God created us and He wants all of us to show the glory of that creation. The Word says so. Instead, we appear to be inspecting each other's shine for dark spots. Just my 2 cents.

Mt 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This is NOT free-will! This is submission to Gods will.

Lu 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Guess I didn't see anyone not caring.

I will quickly admit that as a still-adjusting Reformed person, I am still confused about how to pray for the lost. I just keep doing what I did as an Arminian and hope it is not an affront yo G-d. :oops:

Sis, you need to forget the labels, cuz......................,

You are a precious child of God, redeemed by the Blood of Christ, a daughter of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, you are a Princess for all Eternity in God's Kingdom, ......................and you're my sister, glad to have you in the family.

Now, isn't it better, more productive to meditate on these labels than on the things of the world that are going to fade away?

In His Love,

Gene

T
He surrendered to His Fathers will...He did not walk in His own will...Come on?
To surrender requires one to make a choice to either do the will of his Father or his own will.
Did Adam and Eve have a free choice to do what they wanted or disobey? Did someone make that decision for them?

T

To surrender requires one to make a choice to either do the will of his Father or his own will.
Did Adam and Eve have a free choice to do what they wanted or disobey? Did someone make that decision for them?
So what? If Jesus says NOT MY WILL, but THINE BE DONE...who in their right mind would call that free-will? And folks choose to surrender because they are under a will greater than their own. Still not free-will!

Is anyone here talking about not surrendering to God's Will. (Please Lord, don't make me read all 10 pages again). If so, I missed it. (No I didn't miss the pre determinism/predestination). That's a snake eating it's tail argument. As far as I know, I chose God. If He did it for me, praise the Lord!!!

Truthfully, I haven't read through the whole thread because it's boring, beating that same old dead horse,

What I don't understand is how can someone say we have free will when the Word says we are slaves to sin, until the Divine moment when God restores or gives to us a free will to receive or reject Jesus?

The way I see it is Jesus is the only human after Adam and Eve that had a free will and that is demonstrated when He asked this cup to be taken from Him and the sense of the Greek grammar was it was possible, but He had come to complete a Divine mission and refuse to exercise His free will and submitted to the will of the Father.

My two cents,

Gene

2Pe 2:10 ¶ and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed.

HERE IS "FREE-WILL"

So what? If Jesus says NOT MY WILL, but THINE BE DONE...who in their right mind would call that free-will? And folks choose to surrender because they are under a will greater than their own. Still not free-will!
That is what I am talking about making a choice. Everybody has to make a choice to do the will of God. If there is no free will to choose then someone else made that decision for them which is not freedom and liberty.

Of course this discussions always seems to come back to these same Calvinist and free-will debates...if some of you would stop and listen to others who have more knowledge than you? You might gain some understanding of this issue... Get out of the religious box the devil has placed you in and you might gain some understanding.

That is what I am talking about making a choice. Everybody has to make a choice to do the will of God. If there is no free will to choose then someone else made that decision for them which is not freedom and liberty.
that's still not free-will! that's surrendered will! You surrender to Gods Will and STOP walking in ones OWN WILL!

A child may have a choice? To play with this or that? But they are not "free" of the parents will. That's just a illogical assumption to that because a choice can be made a person has free-will?

Huh, Gene?

And here I thought "especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness" were the ones in authority these days. Go figure.

Of course this discussions always seems to come back to these same Calvinist and free-will debates...if some of you would stop and listen to others who have more knowledge than you? You might gain some understanding of this issue... Get out of the religious box the devil has placed you in and you might gain some understanding.
I am not in any religious box, and have freedom to serve the Lord. I am not under some lluision to the truth as the truth is simply and easy to understand. Every human being was given a free will to choose between life or death. God did not make that decision for anyone, you have to make that choice your self. It is really that simple.

Look, nothing about obedience to God is a matter of my own will...that's unbiblical. Yes I have choices, but they are made in context of My Fathers will, and my desire to know and walk in His Will. If I disobey, its because I have chosen to walk in my own free-will. Free-will is a term that is ungodly in context of the gospel.

I am not in any religious box, and have freedom to serve the Lord. I am not under some lluision to the truth as the truth is simply and easy to understand. Every human being was given a free will to choose between life or death. God did not make that decision for anyone, you have to make that choice your self. It is really that simple.
That's a rejection of the truth of scripture! and a false doctrine based upon the deception of mans own ability to save himself through is own works and righteousness.

Eph 2:1 ¶ And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

A child may have a choice? To play with this or that? But they are not "free" of the parents will. That's just a illogical assumption to that because a choice can be made a person has free-will?
You are only assuming these kids will be obedient. They can do other things not in their parents will.

Look, nothing about obedience to God is a matter of my own will...that's unbiblical. Yes I have choices, but they are made in context of My Fathers will, and my desire to know and walk in His Will. If I disobey, its because I have chosen to walk in my own free-will. Free-will is a term that is ungodly in context of the gospel.

So you admit you have a choice (if you will) to disobey or obey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back