If God Rested on the 7th Day, Who created All The Souls?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Please, I am sorry if this thread has been done a thousand times. But I wanted to try and understand it on my terms. I have Been reading about Soul Creation. Creationism, and the other theological standpoints and Its amazing. I didn't know there was other points of view.. I have a simple mind and so, Major, please help me out, as others of course who can understand.

So maybe He took a break and then got cracking again? But that would refute Scriptures right?
How about, He Created, then rested, but passed it on through generations, like when a wheel rolls down a hill.
But, I like the third view too.
Imagine a warehouse of souls somewhere and He attaches a soul to a body.
And Because It never said God created souls in Genesis 2;7. He formed the body and breathed into us and we became a living soul. Maybe we were just undead prior to being breathed into floating around somewhere before.
Genesis 2;7 KJV "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

Fascinating I sayšŸ˜Š

Please, I am sorry if this thread has been done a thousand times. But I wanted to try and understand it on my terms. I have Been reading about Soul Creation. Creationism, and the other theological standpoints and Its amazing. I didn't know there was other points of view.. I have a simple mind and so, Major, please help me out, as others of course who can understand.

So maybe He took a break and then got cracking again? But that would refute Scriptures right?
How about, He Created, then rested, but passed it on through generations, like when a wheel rolls down a hill.
But, I like the third view too.
Imagine a warehouse of souls somewhere and He attaches a soul to a body.
And Because It never said God created souls in Genesis 2;7. He formed the body and breathed into us and we became a living soul. Maybe we were just undead prior to being breathed into floating around somewhere before.
Genesis 2;7 KJV "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

Fascinating I sayšŸ˜Š
I will try. Basically there are TWO concepts.

1. Traducianist view = Genesis 2:7.
God breathed the breath of life into Adam, causing Adam to become a ā€œliving soul.ā€ Scripture nowhere records God performing this action again.

2. or the Creationist = God creates a new soul when a human being is conceived. (Ecclesiastes 12:7; Isaiah 42:5; Zechariah 12:1; )
Whether the Traducianist view or the Creationist view is correct, both agree that the soul does not exist prior to conception.
Whether God creates a new human soul at the moment of conception, or whether God designed the human reproductive process to also reproduce a soul, God is ultimately responsible for the creation of each and every human soul.

Back