I hate college...

Discussion in 'College and Youth' started by IHeartLarrytheCucumber, Feb 2, 2008.

1. I go to a communtiy college, so I spend very little time there, just classes and then I'm OUT. But my girlfriend goes to a Christian U, and even a regular U.. it can't be THAT much worse than high school. High school had all the same stuff. Pot heads, heavy drinkers, etc. I figured the universities would have less of it because most potheads don't go to universities, rather they end up dropping out of high shcool, which is mainly what I saw.

Iheartlarrythecucumber, I pray you find upbeat friends who fill your free time with good influential attitudes and help you lead the right path. Good luck.

2. In regards to finding a man, stop going to parties or looking for boys in your dorm. Go to the library or an engineering class or look for a nerdy guy. THEY ARE ALWAYS THE NICE ONES. When a girl complains of "no good guys" and she hasn't checked the nerds yet, I completely discredit her.

College is fantastic. Exposure to the world. Best of all, you DON'T have to hang out with the same people every day! If you don't like those people you are with, CHANGE YOUR FRIENDS! In college, its easier!
    -tsi's friend (dottywine)

3. I throughly enjoyed this response from the first "my mom went to college with me" to the "he will find you." Great advice. I fully intend to go to college with mine just as my friend did with hers. To the best of your ability, ignore anything but the influences you desire. Focus on only those. Narrow, perhaps; but you will have to do that after college so you might as well practice. The only thing that gets you through focus is friends. Find out who in your church goest to that college....you got a bulletin board there? Most colleges have some "Baptist Service Center" or something like that.

Leia

4. I know how you feel

i know how you feel about college i know how you feel.

5. I'm so sorry that you feel alone. College can indeed be a scary place with incredible challenges and times of trial. Can I encourage you with a few thoughts ?
    Please remember that God loves you so very much and He really does want the best for you (including relationships). He promises to give you a hope and a future. Learn to walk by faith, not by sight and remember that in your times of lonliness and weakness, His power and presence will always meet you at your point of need.

Be encouraged !
    Love in Christ,

Pastor Glenn