I believe factory farming needs to go!

How about dairy milk chocolate? I suppose you prefer dark. I can't stand white chocolate. Way too sweet. I don't know why it's white either.

Hey Lanolin;

As long as I can't taste the milk then I'm good. I love dark chocolate. I also don't care for white chocolate.

It's ironic that the better quality the more you can taste the milk. The less quality (like supermarket's own generic products) the less you can taste the milk.

I don't know how Häagen-Dazs does it.

I can do that with a gallon of Kroger's milk.

Kroger's Milk. I never heard of this brand.

You made me think. Remember back in the day when there wasn't a novel explaining the ingredients and USDA on the back of every food product?

When we bought Fizzy's (Remember Fizzy's?) it was like an alka seltzer tablet that would dissolve into carbonated beverage and that was that. Today there would be warnings all over the package on the pros and cons.

The ingredients and USDA on food packages have taken the fun out of eating and drinking.

Well, NZ being a country where one of the biggest export is dairy...can't get away from the stuff. We used to have free milk in schools, but half the children couldn't stand it, especially in the days before refrigeration, and they had to drink it when it had been sitting in the hot sun at lunchtime.

I think cheese is easier to handle and digest. Children would rather eat cheese (especially on pizza!) than drink milk. Milk should only be for babies I reckon.

A thought came to me...what if part of Jesus's anger, when He purged the temple, was because animals, His creatures, were being sold and slaughtered for sins, because us humans refuse to stop sinning.

Doesn't The Almighty Creator love His animals?

I'm being prompted to completely give up meat. Praise The Lord, I'll not be eating flesh anymore.

A thought came to me...what if part of Jesus's anger, when He purged the temple, was because animals, His creatures, were being sold and slaughtered for sins, because us humans refuse to stop sinning.

Doesn't The Almighty Creator love His animals?

I'm being prompted to completely give up meat. Praise The Lord, I'll not be eating flesh anymore.
It was our Lord who commissioned the sacrifice of animals in the first place as a reminder of our sins...

It was most likely that way from Adam and Eve's first sin...

Genesis 3:21 (NASB) The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

It was our Lord who commissioned the sacrifice of animals in the first place as a reminder of our sins...

It was most likely that way from Adam and Eve's first sin...

Genesis 3:21 (NASB) The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.
I know, because animals a under human dominion, BUT, I wondered, did He really 'want' to shed animals' blood?, or would He have preferred us to not sin in the first place?

It just proves to me how valuable our souls are to The Lord...that He would go to those lengths in order to forgive us.

Remember, humans were veggies before the flood.

I know, because animals a under human dominion, BUT, I wondered, did He really 'want' to shed animals' blood?, or would He have preferred us to not sin in the first place?

It just proves to me how valuable our souls are to The Lord...that He would go to those lengths in order to forgive us.

Animals may be under human dominion, but remember it was God Himself who instituted animals to be sacrificed.

Yes, it took the sacrifice of His Son to redeem our souls...animals couldn't make the cut. (forgive the pun).

Yes, humans were vegans before the Flood, but apparently it didn't help in the realm of worship and morals as only 8 were saved despite the warnings.

BUT, I wondered, did He really 'want' to shed animals' blood?, or would He have preferred us to not sin in the first place?
naturally he would prefer us not to sin at all.. but sin came through Adam and eve Romans 5:
Death in Adam, Life in Christ
11Not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. 12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. 13For sin was in the world before the law was given; but sin is not taken into account when there is no law.…

when God came walking in the garden and was looking for Adam and eve yes he knew what took place ... God asked where you at . Adam were over here hiding were naked and scared . sin revealed there nakedness . innocence was over. but as pointed out GOD clothed them in animal skins the first shedding of Blood for sins a prelude to the greatest sacrifice for sins john 3:16 its ok to eat meat

John 11:35 Jesus wept - wesley commentary
Out of sympathy with those who were in tears all around him, as well as from a deep sense of the misery sin had brought upon human nature.

I think it's an issue of animal husbandry rather than are we allowed to eat meat. After the flood, it was sanctioned by God.
And also, if there are too many animals and we are starving, of course we do need to eat some meat for survival. We can eat fish too, which is the preferred diet of many people.

Some cultures even eat insects as their protein. For the Israelites, the animals needed to be slaughtered in a kosher way..something to do with bleeding though I am not a butcher. There's a special way it is done.

Home kill is a lot more humane than rounding up animals for a trip to the abbattoir. But then it's the scale of the enterprise, when people live in cities of course they can't farm the land at the same time and need their food imported in, ready made. Its the same with mass manufacturing of goods. How much of all the stuff we use is made in a factory. I would say most of it...I didn't make this computer myself or assemble it, I didn't make the clothes I am wearing, and the house was built from a kit set.

I think it's an issue of animal husbandry rather than are we allowed to eat meat. After the flood, it was sanctioned by God.
And also, if there are too many animals and we are starving, of course we do need to eat some meat for survival. We can eat fish too, which is the preferred diet of many people.

Some cultures even eat insects as their protein. For the Israelites, the animals needed to be slaughtered in a kosher way..something to do with bleeding though I am not a butcher. There's a special way it is done.

Home kill is a lot more humane than rounding up animals for a trip to the abbattoir. But then it's the scale of the enterprise, when people live in cities of course they can't farm the land at the same time and need their food imported in, ready made. Its the same with mass manufacturing of goods. How much of all the stuff we use is made in a factory. I would say most of it...I didn't make this computer myself or assemble it, I didn't make the clothes I am wearing, and the house was built from a kit set.
A "kit set"? What is that?

Rtm

A "kit set"? What is that?

Rtm
The pieces are already made you just put it together. Like the frame of the house - nowadays you can have pre-fabs meaning 'prefrabricated' it sort of like having ready made in a box lego pieces all you have to do is just slot it all together.

You don't have to go here there and everywhere looking for parts.

The pieces are already made you just put it together. Like the frame of the house - nowadays you can have pre-fabs meaning 'prefrabricated' it sort of like having ready made in a box lego pieces all you have to do is just slot it all together.

You don't have to go here there and everywhere looking for parts.
Ok, "pre-fabs." Ok. I have seen them, but not in this part of the country. Not sure why, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that all buildings in the area have meet a specific code for our hurricane issues.

rtm

From what I know about Florida, half of it is underwater as its naturally a swamp.
So I don't know how they are building on top of that!

Ideally houses ought to be built on rock or clay.

Yes, factory farming is the real issue, and maybe our greed?

Hey Lanolin;

As long as I can't taste the milk then I'm good. I love dark chocolate. I also don't care for white chocolate.

It's ironic that the better quality the more you can taste the milk. The less quality (like supermarket's own generic products) the less you can taste the milk.

I don't know how Häagen-Dazs does it.

Question..........How can a BLACK cow eat GREEN grass and produce WHITE milk?

From what I know about Florida, half of it is underwater as its naturally a swamp.

I guess that means you do not know a lot about Florida!

22 million with a view of the swamps and gators.

NO He did not.

He did to cover the sin of our grandparents.\ because He had to. That is the GRACE of God.

Back