How Should We See Current Events In Prophecy

Driving back from some exercise in the part this afternoon, it struck me, while listening to a local, Christian broadcast from BOTT, that there are many implications for the end time prophecies.

Specifically, Luke 21:36. As the world continues to move toward becoming the very thing "as in the days of Noah," I don't know from where it came, but it was like a load of bricks falling on me...it's one of the events very much like the sheep being separated from the goats. Do you see that?

Ok, let's see if I can clarify that some more: Trials due to increasing hatred and venom spewed at all those who claim to be followers of Christ...what can that serve to do?

It separates out those real sheep. It shows who is who. It purifies the distinction between true followers of Christ, and those who only give lip service to an abiding faith in Christ...the lukewarm who find themselves "spewed from His mouth" so to speak.

Luke 21, Mathew 24 and Mark 13 are not descriptors for the Harpazo, but verse 36 in Luke 21 speaks of an escape from ALL those things at which the Olivet Discourse points, which is the end of this age, and the sign of His coming, and all the horrors within. Those who believe they will be here throughout the 70th week, go for it. Good luck, because everyone on this earth at that time are going to need it!

So, bottom line is that the forces that are at play in the world are like a wedge, driven in between two groupings in order to separate apart those, for example, who pray that prayer as Christ commanded, who believe in the blessed hope, are watching, and are prepared as were the five wise virgins, and therefore are those who will not endure such a time with all its defining events.

This is not a debate over the Harpazo and its timing, but rather being as we are commanded...ready at ALL times for His coming, or for the day of our death, whichever comes first. The blessed hope rests upon the commandment of our Lord to PRAY that we may be accounted worthy to escape ALL those things that will come to pass.

What say you?

MM

STAFF CAUTION: This thread start above contains Greek language wording that is bordering on a violation of the "Topics Which May Not Be Discussed" Number 8 on the list.

We Caution persons reading or potentially participating in this thread to THINK before you post.

Any Violations of Forum Rules OR mentioning anything on the banned topics list, will be met with staff discipline and the removal of this thread.

As stated, this thread is about being ready each and every day, which was commanded of ALL believers going back more than 2000 years ago to the day the Church was first formed. I've been asked how we do that, and the answer mainly depends upon where each one is in their life of faith as to what needs to be done for them to be ready each day, just as the five wise virgins. Do you have oil aplenty for the day that you depart this life, living each day as if it were your last?

Matthew 25:1-13
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five [were] foolish.
3 They that [were] foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

This is easily coupled with this:

Luke 21:35-36
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I remember as a youngster, a few ministers who cared for those of their followers gave ample warning to be ready every day, because we know not the day that is appointed for each one of us to depart from this life, be it through sickness, an accident, by an evil act of another...whatever, but being ready for that departure at ALL times.

To me, that has always been alarming, especially when I look about me at all the people who live cavalier, seemingly care-free lives with no show of any concern for eternity future. That's what I have grown to hate about this world. It's trappings are so powerful that people get caught up in the web of its lures for pleasure and excitement, disregarding the oil that should fill their vessels.

What is it about that "oil"? In ancient times it was olive oil. The importance of oil, in how it relates to our daily lives and being ready, is that the oil fuels the fire for LIGHT. That's the key. Have you structured your life of faith in such a way that the Spirit of the Lord fuels your fire to shine His Light to a starving and dark world around you?

Are you ready? Are you filled with "oil," which is to ask "Are you filled with Spirit?"

If you have questions, then simply ask. We are all here to lean upon one another, and be carried by all for the benefit of all.

MM

As stated, this thread is about being ready each and every day, which was commanded of ALL believers going back more than 2000 years ago to the day the Church was first formed. I've been asked how we do that, and the answer mainly depends upon where each one is in their life of faith as to what needs to be done for them to be ready each day, just as the five wise virgins. Do you have oil aplenty for the day that you depart this life, living each day as if it were your last?

Matthew 25:1-13
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five [were] foolish.
3 They that [were] foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

This is easily coupled with this:

Luke 21:35-36
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I remember as a youngster, a few ministers who cared for those of their followers gave ample warning to be ready every day, because we know not the day that is appointed for each one of us to depart from this life, be it through sickness, an accident, by an evil act of another...whatever, but being ready for that departure at ALL times.

To me, that has always been alarming, especially when I look about me at all the people who live cavalier, seemingly care-free lives with no show of any concern for eternity future. That's what I have grown to hate about this world. It's trappings are so powerful that people get caught up in the web of its lures for pleasure and excitement, disregarding the oil that should fill their vessels.

What is it about that "oil"? In ancient times it was olive oil. The importance of oil, in how it relates to our daily lives and being ready, is that the oil fuels the fire for LIGHT. That's the key. Have you structured your life of faith in such a way that the Spirit of the Lord fuels your fire to shine His Light to a starving and dark world around you?

Are you ready? Are you filled with "oil," which is to ask "Are you filled with Spirit?"

If you have questions, then simply ask. We are all here to lean upon one another, and be carried by all for the benefit of all.

MM
Amen! Musicmaster is 100% correct!

I am ready for as you think not.........the Son of Man cometh!

Hello Musicmaster;

I haven't heard the term harpazo since seminary. That was some time ago and it was brief. My understanding of harpazo alludes to the Rapture - "caught up, seize, take by force..."

We cannot discuss this according to the forum rules and I'm sure you understand that. You, me and others are welcome to discuss the Rapture or harpazo in a pm but I don't feel that is the point of your thread here.

The message you are getting across is the things to come and it's not pleasant. Look around the four corners of the earth. In lieu of the war in Israel, ongoing Russian invasion in Ukraine, the loss of respect for human life and living conditions, the things to come in these times, in my belief, is the beginning and ongoing birth pains.

In Matthew 24:4-8, 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. - ESV

Romans 8:38-39, 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus prepared us ahead of time to have hope in Him.

In John 14:29-31, 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here. - ESV

Luke 21:36, 36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” - ESV

Many believers and non-believers find this a "struggle to get ready." Instead, they continue to not know nor trust who they're crying and suffering to beside themselves.

I agree with your question,
MM, "Are you ready? Are you filled with "oil," which is to ask "Are you filled with Spirit?"

It's a question I ask myself daily.

God bless
you, brother and your entire family.

The message you are getting across is the things to come and it's not pleasant. Look around the four corners of the earth. In lieu of the war in Israel, ongoing Russian invasion in Ukraine, the loss of respect for human life and living conditions, the things to come in these times, in my belief, is the beginning and ongoing birth pains.

Good point. :)

In Matthew 24:4-8, 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. - ESV

It's unfortunate that the gloom-n-doomers get hold of verses like that in order to get people to contribute more to their ministries rather than to encourage people to look at Matthew 24, read the questions that were asked of Jesus, and so the focus of His answers.

Romans 8:38-39, 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus prepared us ahead of time to have hope in Him.

Precisely, Bob. Good point that more people need to embrace when watching the networks that spout so much misinformation, including Fox. I don't trust any of them, because they will be a part of the claims in the future that Jesus is out in the desert, or in the forest, or by a river or the sea, waiting for His people, and it will be a trap...every one of them. That's why the Lord instructed the saints in those times who are here on earth to not go.

Luke 21:36, 36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” - ESV

The King James wording, derived from the Greek, actually is a sobering command for watching...not the news and world events, but rather watching to self to ensure readiness of mind and heart to withstand the enticements and deceptions of these times.

I agree with your question, MM, "Are you ready? Are you filled with "oil," which is to ask "Are you filled with Spirit?"

It's a question I ask myself daily.

God bless
you, brother and your entire family.

Bob, blessings to you and yours as well. Thank you for the comments.

MM

Hello, MM;

I'd like to add one more thought to your post;

"more people need to embrace when watching the networks that spout so much misinformation, including Fox. I don't trust any of them, because they will be a part of the claims in the future that Jesus is out in the desert, or in the forest, or by a river or the sea, waiting for His people, and it will be a trap...every one of them. That's why the Lord instructed the saints in those times who are here on earth to not go."

I call much of today's news "entertainment," "selling the public" or "yellow journalism" which is too much sensationalism with little or no result involving people's lives.

When we can read or discuss current events but supported by results is valuable information including Scripture (what God says about all things) and how we can respond.

God bless you and thank you, MM.

Back