how many father,s has Jesus got?

Who is jesus father

HI,

The Father of Jesus was not Joseph, but God himself. God made the egg in Marys womb divide without the corrupt sperm of sinful mortal man. When being baptised by John the baptist,
God said in the form of a dove. This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased

Case closed,

Love
aLAN

I wouldn't say that Jesus saying, "I am the son of man" means that God is a man. That's what some cults think. And they think that because they want to be as God is like satan did. No, Jesus is son of man and Son of God. Right?

Jesus was Emmanuel or God with us. He came in the physical body of a man to pay the price for man's sin but He was indeed God. He was the one true God in a house (body) of flesh.He walked as a man and did no works except at the Father's lead and thru the power of the Holy Spirit to show us what we could do and how we shouls walk- in total submission to God's Holy Spirit and perfectly in tune with the Father's will.

The trinity is hard to understand sometimes. I used to think that Jesus came into existence when He was born Baby Jesus. I then learned that He created the earth and us. So, He had to always have been in existence.

So, yes, that has to be right, that Jesus is also God. The son of God and the son of man. Right. I think I've got it.

Jesus has one Father.

Matthew 23:9

I knew I'd find it sooner or later, he he he. I remembered reading it over the last weekend.:eek:

That's why I said, I call my dad Daddy. He seems happy with that.

And then it goes on, call no one Master, for you have one Master. The NIV says "teacher".

He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, not Joseph. God is Jesus' father, though on Earth Joseph was given the responsibility to father him.

Jesus has one Father.

Matthew 23:9

I knew I'd find it sooner or later, he he he. I remembered reading it over the last weekend.:eek:

That's why I said, I call my dad Daddy. He seems happy with that.

And then it goes on, call no one Master, for you have one Master. The NIV says "teacher".

This is speaking about calling preachers, teachers, elders, etc. "fathers". Example: Father Paul. In terms of the reverent calling of someone, we can call them "Pastor/Teacher or the like" but never "Father". We have one father (in terms of non-parental figures) and that's God the Father.

Well obviously calling your earthly father a "father" isn't wrong.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Moses writes it down (under the inspiration of God) that our earthly father is indeed our father.

Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Here Jesus calls an earthly father by the name father.

I'd suggest get e-Sword and do a search of "father" and see how many you get.

All in all, it's not wrong to call an earthly father "father". I feel this is speaking of calling priests "fathers".

But still, this isn't a mandate to call earthly fathers "fathers" so this would come under the heading of a personal conviction.

Personal convictions are okay as long as they don't override the Bible's teachings. This one doesn't. So to each his own. It certainly isn't sin to do such a thing. :)

I don't believe that we can understand how Jesus was formed in the womb of Mary. He never left his state as God. He was and is the Great "I Am." Throughout time he is the "I Am." The fact that during his time on earth he resided in a human body, suffered as a person (man) would suffer, felt emotions as a person would feel does not make Him any less God. He is truly (very) Son of God and truly (very) Son of Man.

His suffering on the cross was as Son of Man but it was as the only perfect man to have ever lived. His perfection and His obedience to the Father enabled Him to be the Sacrificial Lamb of God to atone for the sins of mankind. Each person living has to accept this sacrificial act of the Son of God - Son of Man - to atone for our own individual sins.

As Son of God He could have at any moment of His existence on Earth thrown off his cloak of Manhood. However, He fulfilled the will of the Father by obediently dying on the cross as the sacrificial Lamb. His precious blood was spilt just as the old testament sacrifices required a blood atonement.

Back