How do you handle the Spirit's leading?

This thing about the "heart" is interesting because it is hard to comprehend. Of course the "heart" which is referenced in the Bible and elsewhere has little to do with the organ in the chest. What it is connected to is the mind and emotions. There is some sort of divide in the mind between intelligence (knowledge of facts and ability to solve problems which are relatively void of emotion) and emotion driven urges (feelings which cause us overwhelming desire to take an action or inaction). "Heart" is connected to the emotional knowledge which affects and effects our response. It is connected to the Soul, hence "heart and soul". This part is affected when the "new man" is delivered making us "born again". Also why we say "Jesus came into my heart".
I suppose it gets called "heart" because when we have these overwhelming feelings, we feel it in our chest, whether for good reasons or bad. We feel stress in our chest. But we also feel love in our chest, among the other feelings. And since the blood is pumped by the heart, that is the organ which gets the honor of these feelings. Life is in the blood as it says. If life were from the air then the lungs would be the place named for this phenomenon. That would be weird though, to sing "Since...Jesus came into my lungs......". Just sayin'.

God takes our "heart of stone" and gives us a "heart of flesh".

A heart that is no longer cold, selfish stone, but one that indeed feels God's love and compassion, mercy, patience, kindness, gentleness, longsuffering for us; that goodness He has for us, we better be passing it on to another who is lost, baring ye one another's burdens. Amen

This thing about the "heart" is interesting because it is hard to comprehend. Of course the "heart" which is referenced in the Bible and elsewhere has little to do with the organ in the chest. What it is connected to is the mind and emotions. There is some sort of divide in the mind between intelligence (knowledge of facts and ability to solve problems which are relatively void of emotion) and emotion driven urges (feelings which cause us overwhelming desire to take an action or inaction). "Heart" is connected to the emotional knowledge which affects and effects our response. It is connected to the Soul, hence "heart and soul". This part is affected when the "new man" is delivered making us "born again". Also why we say "Jesus came into my heart".
I suppose it gets called "heart" because when we have these overwhelming feelings, we feel it in our chest, whether for good reasons or bad. We feel stress in our chest. But we also feel love in our chest, among the other feelings. And since the blood is pumped by the heart, that is the organ which gets the honor of these feelings. Life is in the blood as it says. If life were from the air then the lungs would be the place named for this phenomenon. That would be weird though, to sing "Since...Jesus came into my lungs......". Just sayin'.
Check out my thoughts on this: http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/heart-of-the-matter.44683/

Back