How do you handle the Spirit's leading?

All believers covers a very broad spectrum - a multitude of denominations from the JWs who actually deny the Holy Spirit through to
the Mormons who got their doctrine from the same source as Mohammed.
All believers ??? That doesn't leave out anybody. But it is not what the scriptures state.
The gospels, Acts and the epistles are very specific in what constitutes the gospel and what one must do to be saved.

JW's and Mormons are not believers, and are not to be considered Christian denominations. They are cults.

"All Believers" doesn't leave out anyone? Sorry, but believers include all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. That leaves out a lot!

Therefore, I repeat: All believers have the Holy Spirit indwelling them in measure. That is irrefutable.

JW's and Mormons are not believers, and are not to be considered Christian denominations. They are cults.

"All Believers" doesn't leave out anyone? Sorry, but believers include all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. That leaves out a lot!

Therefore, I repeat: All believers have the Holy Spirit indwelling them in measure. That is irrefutable.

All born again spirit filled Christian Believers. Believers covers a wide varity of people believing anything.
Being a tad more descriptive would limit all these back and forths.
Just sayen ;)

How do you handle the Holy Spirits leading?

With obedience .

It is one thing to have the Holy Spirit it is another for the Holy Spirit to have you.
It is great to say God is on my side . But surely if God is on your side you are to be on His?
Which then or where should the most emphasise be ? That God is on your side or you are on the Lords?

in Christ
gerald

God gave to all flesh a measure of FAITH; not a measure of the Holy Ghost.
Faith is ignited in a repentant heart, crying out Abba Father. Most likely because tragedy has hit our carnal life, did we cry out.
God begins the reconstruction process as we seek Him with an open heart. He is preparing us to receive the Holy Ghost. He is the Potter, we are the clay.

All born again spirit filled Christian Believers. Believers covers a wide varity of people believing anything.
Being a tad more descriptive would limit all these back and forths.
Just sayen ;)
It's a good thing to make sure people don't include JWs and the LDS as Christians...just sayin'!

God gave to all flesh a measure of FAITH; not a measure of the Holy Ghost.
Faith is ignited in a repentant heart, crying out Abba Father. Most likely because tragedy has hit our carnal life, did we cry out.
God begins the reconstruction process as we seek Him with an open heart. He is preparing us to receive the Holy Ghost. He is the Potter, we are the clay.
Yes, a measure of faith as well as His Spirit, for there is a measureless abundance of the filling of the Holy Spirit we can experience, and are instructed to keep on tapping into, and not everyone knows it or experiences it.

Yes, a measure of faith as well as His Spirit, for there is a measureless abundance of the filling of the Holy Spirit we can experience, and are instructed to keep on tapping into, and not everyone knows it or experiences it.
Where are we given a measure of the Holy Ghost? I don't know that I have ever read that; a measure of faith, Yes.

Where are we given a measure of the Holy Ghost? I don't know that I have ever read that; a measure of faith, Yes.
We are invited to experience the baptism of the Holy Spirit where He comes and pours out His presence into our lives in great abundance---to overflowing, beyond the measure we have already received at salvation. We are actually commanded to "keep on being filled" with the Spirit of God.

Sis, the Holy Ghost isn't given in a measure, when we receive Him, we receive Him. He is a gift from God. A gift is a .
A measure of faith is given to all.
God bless you. Pray about this, God has something to show you.

No Christian is double minded to the extent that they would not receive anything of the Lord.

If we use this phrase for the unsaved it makes a lot more sense. They are cold or neither hot nor cold. A Christian is hot, period. Else they would not be a Christian.

Josh 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. = A Christian has chosen.

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will. = A Christian does this.
Are you saying we cease being a Christian if we stray into disobedience? Not that we lose our salvation, but that we cannot be called a Christian? I can see that if we use the strict definition of Christian- "Christ like". If we are not obedient or in God's will then we are not "like Christ".
Is this your position?

That is a FALSE statement. It is simply not true.
I know enough about "Christianity" to observe and experience that the great majority of those professing to be "believers"
do NOT have the Holy Spirit. Most believers - whoever this vague population is - simply are not obedient to the one and only gospel
preached in the New Testament. Most believers argue and are contentious with the Word of God, denying the teachings and commandments
of Jesus himself and the Apostles.
Are you saying that if there is a disagreement on doctrine, then one side or both sides are not true believers? Or BINO's -Believers In Name Only. What do you call Spirit filled people with faith in Jesus as Savior? I was using believers.

Sis, the Holy Ghost isn't given in a measure, when we receive Him, we receive Him. He is a gift from God. A gift is a .
I believe that the Holy Ghost, or Spirit, is not "given" in measure as much as we hinder how much Spirit power is available or transmitted in or thru our being.
Many places in the New Testament speak of Stephen, Peter, Paul et al being filled with the Holy Spirit and doing great and miraculous works.
We are not always "filled" with the Spirit, for Paul took Peter to task for hypocrisy for worrying how others would see him eating with Gentiles. Peter could not have been full of the HS and have been led to be a "menpleaser".

Are you saying we cease being a Christian if we stray into disobedience? Not that we lose our salvation, but that we cannot be called a Christian? I can see that if we use the strict definition of Christian- "Christ like". If we are not obedient or in God's will then we are not "like Christ".
Is this your position?
Not at all lol. You really get that from my post?

I am taking a strong OSAS position. A Christian has sunk to a depth of intent in servitude / submission to God that makes any suggestion that we can have unwavering anything quite literally laughable.

Hon, the word "measure" is my word. But you can be sure that there is more and more and more of Him available to us as we submit to Him. There is a baptism of the Holy Spirit, where He comes in and fills us to overflowing! This is what the bible teaches! I have experienced it, and I continue to do so.

Hon, the word "measure" is my word. But you can be sure that there is more and more and more of Him available to us as we submit to Him. There is a baptism of the Holy Spirit, where He comes in and fills us to overflowing! This is what the bible teaches! I have experienced it, and I continue to do so.
Yes sis, I know He has a baptism to be baptized with. Yes, God is a Spirit and His baptism is spiritual. Yes, I was shot through the heart a point blank range. Yes, a spiritual bullet hole is in my chest still today. I can stick my finger in it. It does hurt sometimes. However, He is not given in a measure. When one is baptized in the Ghost, He is all there in you all the time.
If we limit His abilities I can see where one would say "by measure". God is not limited, His arm is not shortened. He is abundant and overflowing all the time.
Hang on He gonna show you some things.
The Holy Ghost is a gift. And everything we need and exactly when we need it. He hasn't limited Himself in any true born again, Spirit filled believer. If He is a measures it is because we limit Him to a measure and have not yet walk in the Spirit with Him, in Him, by Him, for Him.
The Holy Ghost is not a measure. Faith is by measure; from faith to faith and glory to glory; as faith becomes stronger one realizes the power of the Holy Ghost is not ever limited (by a measure).
God bless you all. May the grace of God and His glory be upon us ALL, forever and ever I pray th we Lord in Jesus name. Amen

Yes sis, I know He has a baptism to be baptized with. Yes, God is a Spirit and His baptism is spiritual. Yes, I was shot through the heart a point blank range. Yes, a spiritual bullet hole is in my chest still today. I can stick my finger in it. It does hurt sometimes. However, He is not given in a measure. When one is baptized in the Ghost, He is all there in you all the time.
If we limit His abilities I can see where one would say "by measure". God is not limited, His arm is not shortened. He is abundant and overflowing all the time.
Hang on He gonna show you some things.
The Holy Ghost is a gift. And everything we need and exactly when we need it. He hasn't limited Himself in any true born again, Spirit filled believer. If He is a measures it is because we limit Him to a measure and have not yet walk in the Spirit with Him, in Him, by Him, for Him.
The Holy Ghost is not a measure. Faith is by measure; from faith to faith and glory to glory; as faith becomes stronger one realizes the power of the Holy Ghost is not ever limited (by a measure).
God bless you all. May the grace of God and His glory be upon us ALL, forever and ever I pray th we Lord in Jesus name. Amen

The whole point is that all believers are filled to capacity, but not all believers, even strong ones are filled to overflowing through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Once a Christian has experienced the fullness of the Holy Spirit's baptism, we are filled to abundant, overflowing measure! Yes, it is a great gift! We are then called to continue to be filled, over and over again!

In scripture, there is a difference between "pleroo", filled to capacity, and "pletho", filled to overflowing.

Is this your position?
The scripture speaking of unwavering faith is directed at all who profess to be Christians / all attending church. This manner of preaching is very evident from Jesus, Paul and all others NT. They never differentiated harshly between those saved and those not. The classic example for me is 1 Cor 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you (among you professing to be saved), and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

Did Paul really think these people were saved when he says things like 1 Cor 6:9-13? We know that Paul taught OSAS from Eph 1:13. So what we have in 1 Cor 5 and James 1:6-8 is evidence of speaking to people professing to be saved. Not those actually saved.

Back