How do you handle the Spirit's leading?

The scripture speaking of unwavering faith is directed at all who profess to be Christians / all attending church. This manner of preaching is very evident from Jesus, Paul and all others NT. They never differentiated harshly between those saved and those not. The classic example for me is 1 Cor 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you (among you professing to be saved), and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

Did Paul really think these people were saved when he says things like 1 Cor 6:9-13? We know that Paul taught OSAS from Eph 1:13. So what we have in 1 Cor 5 and James 1:6-8 is evidence of speaking to people professing to be saved. Not those actually saved.
Interesting take.
You're right that Paul did not delineate between the saved and unsaved, in that he did not judge who was saved and who wasn't. What he did do was call out false teachers preaching a different gospel, any that was in opposition to his.
I believe Paul knew well that the flesh warred with the Spirit in Christians just as he portrays in his own battles in Romans 7.
What our minds want, which is agreement with the Spirit, is opposed by what our bodies (carnal desires) want.
I'm sure Paul knew he was preaching and teaching to Christian believers and wannabe believers alike. Like he taught, he was building on the Foundation of Christ and you never knew when a new piece of "raw material" would be saved and added to the structure.

What our minds want, which is agreement with the Spirit, is opposed by what our bodies (carnal desires) want.
For a Christian they are not '''opposed''' at the level that James 1:6-8 proposes. Don't support or accomodate a middle ground on this heresy. It is straight from the devil. It mocks the cross. Christians are not ''good enough''.

We who have dedicated our lives / given our all / been judged worthy by God and Him giving us His Holy Spirit .....must stay...positive....or else we will get nothing from God....? Really?

How do you choose the Lord without your intellect?
No amount of logical analytical reasoning, or intelligence can get anyone saved!! It is with the "heart" that man believes, not with his head.

Pro 3:5 Confide in Jehovah with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own intelligence; (Darby)

Rom 10:9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from among the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart is believed to righteousness; and with the mouth confession made to salvation.

No amount of logical analytical reasoning, or intelligence can get anyone saved!! It is with the "heart" that man believes, not with his head.

Pro 3:5 Confide in Jehovah with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own intelligence; (Darby)

Rom 10:9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from among the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart is believed to righteousness; and with the mouth confession made to salvation.

So we don't decide to follow Jesus? You have the cart before the horse. Salvation takes place after you decide. We make a judgment call from intellect when we decide to follow Jesus. It can be influenced by our hearts. But we do not listen completely to our hearts, they can be terribly wrong. We say, Yes Lord, I approve of you and your ways. Yes Lord, I am grateful. Yes Lord, I submit my life to you. This is us being after His heart. This is us fulfilling James 4:8. God then examines our heart and mind Jer 17:10. Just remember ''heart'' is figurative for intentions driving the mind. God then reveals Jesus to us by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3.

As for Rom 10:9-10, we can only confess Jesus as Lord after the Holy Spirit reveals it to us. Cart after horse.

Prov 3:5 is irelevant to this. Not sure why you quoting it. Replacing 'understanding' with 'intelligence' is an error. This verse's context was for mankind to put their trust in God when things seem terrible per our understanding. God understands the full picture, we don't.

For a Christian they are not '''opposed''' at the level that James 1:6-8 proposes. Don't support or accomodate a middle ground on this heresy. It is straight from the devil. It mocks the cross. Christians are not ''good enough''.

We who have dedicated our lives / given our all / been judged worthy by God and Him giving us His Holy Spirit .....must stay...positive....or else we will get nothing from God....? Really?
What I was referring to was the war between the Spirit we receive and the lusts of our flesh.
1 Peter 2:11
Most of Romans 7
Galatians 5:17

So we don't decide to follow Jesus? You have the cart before the horse. Salvation takes place after you decide. We make a judgment call from intellect when we decide to follow Jesus. It can be influenced by our hearts. But we do not listen completely to our hearts, they can be terribly wrong. We say, Yes Lord, I approve of you and your ways. Yes Lord, I am grateful. Yes Lord, I submit my life to you. This is us being after His heart. This is us fulfilling James 4:8. God then examines our heart and mind Jer 17:10. Just remember ''heart'' is figurative for intentions driving the mind. God then reveals Jesus to us by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3.

As for Rom 10:9-10, we can only confess Jesus as Lord after the Holy Spirit reveals it to us. Cart after horse.

Prov 3:5 is irelevant to this. Not sure why you quoting it. Replacing 'understanding' with 'intelligence' is an error. This verse's context was for mankind to put their trust in God when things seem terrible per our understanding. God understands the full picture, we don't.
It all started with a measure of faith that God grafted in us before we were even born. Somewhere through our journeys that faith is ignited and we become aware of (the tree of knowledge of good and evil). The more we lean on Him the greater our faith becomes in Him. He is the Leader, I follow. He is the Potter, we are the clay. Can the clay do anything of itself?

Yes the clay can do something of itself; it can lay in the ditch, in the mud and make a greater pit for itself to roll in. One day the clay CRIES OUT Abba Father, and God lifts that pud of clay and begins to give it shape, molding His vessel into a vessel that is fit to be used by a KING. Amen.

Where actually is the "HEART" that mans believes with CCW??

Is it not the MIND whereby we understand, learn and grow from. Isn't the center of our intellect the MIND?

Rom. 12:1-2..............
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect".

Col. 3:2........................
"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. "

Where actually is the "HEART" that mans believes with CCW??

Is it not the MIND whereby we understand, learn and grow from. Isn't the center of our intellect the MIND?

Rom. 12:1-2..............
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect".

Col. 3:2........................
"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. "

The mind of Christ is not ever needed to be "renewed". The mind of Christ does not live in man's brain, but his spirit. The carnal mind in the our head is the one that needs renewing. The human brain is never used to believe or find any kind of spiritual truth, it only believes what the heart of man tells it to believe..

Pro 3:5.. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Every single person to whom Jesus preached to all had ears, eyes, and they all heard what he said, and they all saw what he did, but Jesus wast not referring to their physical senses, but their hearts (the spirit man).

Mat 13:15.. For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'

Last edited:
It all started with a measure of faith that God grafted in us before we were even born. Somewhere through our journeys that faith is ignited and we become aware of (the tree of knowledge of good and evil). The more we lean on Him the greater our faith becomes in Him. He is the Leader, I follow. He is the Potter, we are the clay. Can the clay do anything of itself?
We do not disagree terribly Crown. We are arriving at the same conclusion from different angles.

I harp on our intellect because of many conversations with TE's (theistic evolutionists). They teach a spirit was installed in man at a certain point in time (Adam). This is when mankind became accountable for their sins / had a spiritual awareness.

So the counter argument against this is twofold. 1. To explain to them that the verse they use Gen 2:7 ''God breathed life into mans nostrils and he then became a living soul' ' Gen 2:7 does not teach that. Living soul = living being. Not spirit. And 2. Intellect. Mankind is accountable for sins because they have a greater awareness / mind. We are created just beneath the angels. Monkey's I believe have souls (and hearts) and will be in heaven. But they are not accountable because they are not highly intelligent. This is why Jesus had to die for all mankind. Not any monkeys.

I do harp on the mind alot, but don't get me wrong. I do not espouse ''too spiritually minded and no earthly good''!! That to me is heresy. We must live in the spirit. But must also grasp how we get there. This now raises the next big issue for me. Many teach that God selects us from birth. Chooses who to regenerate. We are all lost. We are all clueless and useless. So if He decides to help one of us whilst we hold to this understanding of scripture, it is nothing but partiality by Him. Now scripture is clear that God is not partial. He loves you, me and that guy going to hell eqaully. So clearly there is a context / hermeneutics fail taking place.

Many are called, but few are chosen.
Mary heard God calling to her and she responded; Mary was chosen of God for a peculiar task; birthing the first born from the dead.
Are you willing to die for Him? He has asked us to deny (self) and pick up our cross ( our testimony of Christ) and follow Him.

I do not know religions, their worship, what they believe or don't believe. I know the Lord Jesus and speak and teach what the only true Teacher, the Holy Ghost, has spoken to my heart and taught me the Way, the Truth and the Life.
What one chooses to believe or not is not my job. My job is to preach Christ the Savior, He is coming back, and the kingdom of heaven is at hand. God takes it from there.
No, I am not Him, He comes after me. Do you know Him? What is consuming your heart?
It does not matter how many different beliefs one attacks and debate those beliefs; does doing so add anything to God's kingdom? Those who are a soldier and warreth for God doesn't get involved in this life's affairs. Amen

The mind of Christ is not ever needed to be "renewed". The mind of Christ does not live in man's brain, but his spirit. The carnal mind in the our head is the one that needs renewing. The human brain is never used to believe or find any kind of spiritual truth, it only believes what the heart of man tells it to believe..

Pro 3:5.. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Every single person to whom Jesus preached to all had ears, eyes, and they all heard what he said, and they all saw what he did, but Jesus wast not referring to their physical senses, but their hearts (the spirit man).

Mat 13:15.. For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'

CCW. I think you are missing the point my brother. The heart is but an organ that pumps blood. It is the brain, the mind that tells it when to beat and what to do. The center of mans being and his thoughts and desires and wishes and yes, decisions come from the center of our thinking which is the mind...not the physical heart.

If it were true that the physical heart was the center of emotions, then even the Alzheimer’s damaged brain would not erase the victim’s emotional being and emotional feelings…such a victim would still have their emotional being and feelings safely moored on site in their human anatomical heart. Sadly that is not true…

Today, it has been has determined that it is not the anatomical heart that is responsible for our feelings or emotion, but rather it is the brain. The anatomic heart does not have anything to do with our emotions. Neuroscientists have been studying the brain and have determined that the brain is in effect the body’s control center…it is our brains that govern our emotions, gives us our memories, process sound and sight, responds to pain, controls body movements and signals the heart beat…the several parts of the brain are all working together.

It is interesting to note that Paul says that we must be transformed by the renewing of our “minds.” The mind is the key to the Christian life.

We do not disagree terribly Crown. We are arriving at the same conclusion from different angles.

I harp on our intellect because of many conversations with TE's (theistic evolutionists). They teach a spirit was installed in man at a certain point in time (Adam). This is when mankind became accountable for their sins / had a spiritual awareness.

So the counter argument against this is twofold. 1. To explain to them that the verse they use Gen 2:7 ''God breathed life into mans nostrils and he then became a living soul' ' Gen 2:7 does not teach that. Living soul = living being. Not spirit. And 2. Intellect. Mankind is accountable for sins because they have a greater awareness / mind. We are created just beneath the angels. Monkey's I believe have souls (and hearts) and will be in heaven. But they are not accountable because they are not highly intelligent. This is why Jesus had to die for all mankind. Not any monkeys.

I do harp on the mind alot, but don't get me wrong. I do not espouse ''too spiritually minded and no earthly good''!! That to me is heresy. We must live in the spirit. But must also grasp how we get there. This now raises the next big issue for me. Many teach that God selects us from birth. Chooses who to regenerate. We are all lost. We are all clueless and useless. So if He decides to help one of us whilst we hold to this understanding of scripture, it is nothing but partiality by Him. Now scripture is clear that God is not partial. He loves you, me and that guy going to hell eqaully. So clearly there is a context / hermeneutics fail taking place.

Excellent King.

CCW. I think you are missing the point my brother. The heart is but an organ that pumps blood. It is the brain, the mind that tells it when to beat and what to do. The center of mans being and his thoughts and desires and wishes and yes, decisions come from the center of our thinking which is the mind...not the physical heart.

If it were true that the physical heart was the center of emotions, then even the Alzheimer’s damaged brain would not erase the victim’s emotional being and emotional feelings…such a victim would still have their emotional being and feelings safely moored on site in their human anatomical heart. Sadly that is not true…

Today, it has been has determined that it is not the anatomical heart that is responsible for our feelings or emotion, but rather it is the brain. The anatomic heart does not have anything to do with our emotions. Neuroscientists have been studying the brain and have determined that the brain is in effect the body’s control center…it is our brains that govern our emotions, gives us our memories, process sound and sight, responds to pain, controls body movements and signals the heart beat…the several parts of the brain are all working together.

It is interesting to note that Paul says that we must be transformed by the renewing of our “minds.” The mind is the key to the Christian life.
When I say heart, or what the Bible says about the heart has absolutely nothing to do the the physical heart of man. It is mans inner most being as the Apostle Peter calls it, also known as "the hidden man of the heart".

Notice: the "mind, and the "heart" are not the same thing.

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Last edited:
When I say heart, or what the Bible says about the heart has absolutely nothing to do the the physical heart of man. It is mans inner most being as the Apostle Peter calls it, also known as "the hidden man of the heart".

Notice: the "mind, and the "heart" are not the same thing.

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

God bless you brother.

What part of God's heart is a living organ?
God is a Spirit.
Has God not given us a heart of flesh, and took away the heart of stone?

Unfortunately, for many, He has not because one has not opened their heart to HIM to enter in; keep depending and trusting in self and it will bring on greater destruction upon you. No, God didn't do it, self did it, all by self.
How important is it, for you, to be right?
God is the only one right, the only one good.
Jesus knew all men's hearts, that they are evil, and seek after themselves.

Do you know HIM?
What is consuming your heart?

Back