How do we get "Filled with the Spirit"?

Whoa. Did I ever say Jesus or the Holy Spirit had sin? I was referring to the man who baptizes us as the one who had sin. (Even the Scriptures mention John as baptizing (Jn 3:23), but no mention of him breathing on those dunked.
I need to read my Bible again? Agreed, we all should...and again and again.
No I don't stand a chance against sin without the Holy Spirit, did I ever say I did? No believers can't do any thing apart from Jesus. (Jn 15:5.)
I see baptism in the Spirit as being immersed in Jesus' life, death and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-5.)
that was baptism of John.
Jesus baptises with holy spirit and fire and He did breathe on the disciples saying 'receive the holy spirit'.
Jesus also submitted himself for water baptism and remember God spoke and said 'this is my son in whom I am well pleased'.
John the baptist had the holy spirit in the womb.

I think we agree on this but your words seems a bit muddled...!

Also women can baptise as well as men. All believers can baptise. All believers must be baptised, it's the thing you do after repenting. Otherwise what are you doing? Repenting your whole life? No..you must die to your old life and start a new life in the Spirit.

Check out John 20:21-23

Ok you can laugh about Jesus having bad breath but the Spirit IS the breath (spirit is just another word for breath pneuma in Greek -or some translations, wind) as you cannot see it but it is the living spirit of God.

Otherwise how can it get in?

Those who have NOOO idea what I am writing about need to go back and find out in the Bible all about the Holy Spirit, because if that's missing then you will have no power to live a life in Christ.

I believe that the Holy Spirit's filling only comes from fully obeying the scriptural prescription of

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
But many fall short of getting sealed with the Holy Spirit, because they do not fully repent. God's Spirit will not fill a uncleansed vessel, yet many are deceived because they can still feel the anointing on their outer flesh, (according the scripture the rain falls on the just and the unjust, and I shall pour out my Spirit upon all flesh. ) But it is also true, that full repentance comes easier for some vs others.

I to believe, that people can have the true infilling of the Spirit and wonder if they have it, because of several reasons. Looking at present mistakes, not fully understanding the scripture, or Satan is lying to them. On the other hand, many confess to having it and don't, because they don't posses the Life of Christ and the main proof, which are the fruits of the Spirit, which are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, and temperance. ( although each of these fruits my might not be to there full potential, like in me) giggle.....but true!

Another good evidence is your total desire change and hate for sin, and I must add travail of soul! The sealing Angel that came down to seal in Ezekiel 9:4 was to mark only the ones who cried out against the sin in the city. If there is no cry against even small sins in ones heart, there is no Holy Spirit there to grieve. I hope I didn't offend any one with this, or with my simple and poor grammar! Lord Bless You!

that was baptism of John.
Jesus baptises with holy spirit and fire and He did breathe on the disciples saying 'receive the holy spirit'.
Jesus also submitted himself for water baptism and remember God spoke and said 'this is my son in whom I am well pleased'.
John the baptist had the holy spirit in the womb.

I think we agree on this but your words seems a bit muddled...!

Also women can baptise as well as men. All believers can baptise. All believers must be baptised, it's the thing you do after repenting. Otherwise what are you doing? Repenting your whole life? No..you must die to your old life and start a new life in the Spirit.
Otherwise what are you doing? Repenting your whole life?

Yes, if you are filled with the Spirit you will be repenting your whole life! The life of Christ creates Daily Repentance! A daily dying! A daily cleansing! I'm actually going to humbly express, I'm in a Revival of Repentance right now, and it's been going on for 5 months! God is so Holy, the closer you get to him, the more repenting and cleansing will take place, as His search light gets brighter upon your heart and soul! The Prophet Isaiah thought he was clean, until he came closer and higher into the presence of the Lord, and began to cry out, I'm a man of unclean lips! Purge us Lord, every part of us, we cry out for it Lord!

I dont think I have been "filled with the Spirit" before...

I dont know what to look for, maybe I have but surely, I wouldn't be asking if I absolutely knew.

not sure what to look for, or what it looks like. I doubt its a feeling, if it was, wouldn't I have been filled with the Spirit after my breakfast this morning?, because that felt good.

i'm thinking it is Faith, belief, but I can't be 100 percent sure.
Thank you for your humble question Via, this is really helping people and in all your posts, it seems to me you have the Spirit of Christ in you! Bless her Lord with the assurance and the Peace she needs in this! Amen

Back