Here, Have Some Kool-Aid

Christianity is not a cult. When we circle the wagons on an ideology it is no longer a spiritual matter but becomes a cult of our design. The attitude that I must carry is that of Christ and He wants inclusion in His house.

On the other hand, what are we if we don't adhere to some basic tenets? Are we anything at all, then? But, perhaps by "ideology" you mean something other than basic tenets. And how far do we go with inclusion? I'm not challenging your statement, just looking for some clarification.

On the other hand, what are we if we don't adhere to some basic tenets? Are we anything at all, then? But, perhaps by "ideology" you mean something other than basic tenets. And how far do we go with inclusion? I'm not challenging your statement, just looking for some clarification.
Yes, there are fundamentals that provide a bright-line demarcation between being in an unsaved natural state and being a Christian.

These fundamentals are who Christ is, our sinful nature, Crist's substitutionary bearing our sin, and the necessity of humbly accepting that payment.

But there are many other things that we may feel strongly about that are not necessary for forgiveness.

Things like
the meaning and manor of water baptism,
Charismatics,
the age of creation,
when Christ will return,
etc.

These may be important, but there is no theology test to enter the Kingcdom.

Agreed, as there are the Fundementals of the Faith

Yes, there are fundamentals that provide a bright-line demarcation between being in an unsaved natural state and being a Christian.

These fundamentals are who Christ is, our sinful nature, Crist's substitutionary bearing our sin, and the necessity of humbly accepting that payment.

But there are many other things that we may feel strongly about that are not necessary for forgiveness.

Things like
Charismatics,
the age of creation,
when Christ will return,
etc.

Yes, as modes of water baptism, timing of Second Coming, if gifts for today are all in house debates!

Christianity is not a cult. When we circle the wagons on an ideology it is no longer a spiritual matter but becomes a cult of our design. The attitude that I must carry is that of Christ and He wants inclusion in His house.

Hello Nazarene Servant;

Good points and discussion so far. Please elaborate more what you are saying in your opening thread.

God bless you, brother and your family.

It is interesting how many Christian leaders have held beliefs, at least at some point in their careers, that could be considered heretical:

6 Heretics who should be banned from evangelicalism

(And no, I do not believe a great many believers would 'ban' these men, whatever 'banning' would mean).
Universalism denies the reality of one must receives the Lord jesus by faith to get saved though!

Agreed!

Without fundamental Bible Truths, Christianity then become the cult.

We as the Christian Church must agree basic Christian doctrine or we are not a Christian church at all.

Things like
Charismatics,
the age of creation,
when Christ will return,
etc.

Agreed. The test has and will always be faith in Christ!

17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. (Joh 17:17)

1 John 2:19 (KJV) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

I actually produced such a product for my church 20 years ago that we gave to new members so that they understood what it meant to be Christian in reality and not just as a thought.

It is one thing to say that you are saved and another thing to understand "Why" you are saved.
There were 2 useful books by Paul Little called know what and why now believe!

Back