For Those That Believe In Annihilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Jesus said, "with out me you can do nothing" But we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. All things are possible to him the believeth. We can not do anything, but Christ in us can. It is in realizing our own weakness, an inabilities that we find our strength which is Christ in us. There is victory in death when Christ is in control. Ones death is better than ones birth. To live is Christ to die is gain.

When Paul mentions the sheep for the slaughter, he declares that in all things we are MORE THAN conquers through Christ that loves us! Anyone who really understands the power of being in Gods Spirit, understands that even in the greatest of tribulations and testing, there is a supernatural force and victory upon the believer. The reason Rome stopped killing Christians, is because as they died, they was so peaceful and powerful in appearance that folks who where watching was running to join them. Rome figured out the more thy killed these people, the faster they grew! They decided the only way to defeat the gospel was to co-opt and pervert it!
I certainly don't agree with the second half of your statement, but to each his own. One ought to remember that Rome immediately enacted the Edict of Tolerance.

As Jesus said, "with out me you can do nothing" But we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. All things are possible to him the believeth. We can not do anything, but Christ in us can. It is in realizing our own weakness, an inabilities that we find our strength which is Christ in us. There is victory in death when Christ is in control. Ones death is better than ones birth. To live is Christ to die is gain.
Indeed. Heaven was the reward for those martyrs who suffered.

I suppose it's the phrase that has been prevented.

I certainly don't agree with the second half of your statement, but to each his own. One ought to remember that Rome immediately enacted the Edict of Tolerance.
What do you mean "immediately" and im sorry "tolerance" is just a word, some use to deceive others. By the way, I forgot your tradition and was not trying to raise this issue again, but only to make a point about the idea od what is means to be a true martyr and the power of these people, even as they gave up their own lives.

What do you mean "immediately" and im sorry "tolerance" is just a word, some use to deceive others. By the way, I forgot your tradition and was not trying to raise this issue again, but only to make a point about the idea od what is means to be a true martyr and the power of these people, even as they gave up their own lives.
Indeed--if you have issue with my defending the Catholic faith in here, then would it wrong to say attacking it is hypocritical? I'm glad you picked up on it before I said anything. I'd love to provide the defense, but I won't if you're done--we can carry on.

I used the example of those who suffer to at least being some criteria to the expression. Many have misunderstood it and attributed it to literal safety.

Indeed--if you have issue with my defending the Catholic faith in here, then would it wrong to say attacking it is hypocritical? I'm glad you picked up on it before I said anything. I'd love to provide the defense, but I won't if you're done--we can carry on.

I used the example of those who suffer to at least being some criteria to the expression. Many have misunderstood it and attributed it to literal safety.
Well I do try to go out of the way, not to stir-up the issue, because I have never seen the debate amount to anything but strife and contention...as I have said before, I can accept your faith at the personal level and try to treat you according to your personal faith in Christ.

Well I do try to go out of the way, not to stir-up the issue, because I have never seen the debate amount to anything but strife and contention...as I have said before, I can accept your faith at the personal level and try to treat you according to your personal faith in Christ.
We have to. We have a common faith in Christ ultimately as well as a common enemy.

Maybe he got a bunch of new wives
Job 42:10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.
Job 42:11 All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the LORD had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring.
Job 42:12 The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys.
Job 42:13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters.
Job 42:14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch.
Job 42:15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job's daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.
Job 42:16 After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.
Job 42:17 And so Job died, an old man and full of years.

Job 42:10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.
Job 42:11 All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the LORD had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring.
Job 42:12 The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys.
Job 42:13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters.
Job 42:14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch.
Job 42:15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job's daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.
Job 42:16 After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.
Job 42:17 And so Job died, an old man and full of years.
Yeah, the Lord restored his fortunes, so did he get new wives also? Or are you saying this passage means his wife and kids were resurrected sensei?

Yeah, the Lord restored his fortunes, so did he get new wives also?
Well, I did not see where his wife(s) were killed only his sons, and daughters.

Job 1:18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house,
Job 1:19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

Ok I have one question for you Christians who believe in Annihilation. I don't want this to turn into a thread of trying to convince people to believe in it.

1. Does the belief of Annihilation keep you in the Christian faith? So basically, if you found out for a fact the person's spirit is in eternal torment and not destroyed, would you continue to have faith in God? Or would you find God to be an evil being who tortures His creation?
Quite the opposite for me. Believing God would annihilate me if I reject Him = evil God. How can anyone judge that as good?

If we just re-enact that down here you would definitely think the leader doing such is evil / merciless. But a prison sentence (y). A prison sentence with much yard time for good behavior (y)(y) . Removing them from prison and sending them to Australia (y)(y)(y).

We serve a good God. He tells us He is good. He makes us smarter in heaven. No seeing through a glass darkly. If ANYONE of us can think of a better way to treat the fallen angels and humans with them... God WILL consider it / has considered it / has got one better.

God is good to us now. God is good to those in hell. God is good to us in heaven. God is good.

Not saying hell will not be full of torment. But will torment be God's doing? The amount of evil needed to design a torture machine...I can't see God doing that! God is not demented.

For me personally, it would be crazy to think anything negative about God. I will follow the Lord no matter what. He could tell me to kill my son, and not provide a lamb at the end, and I will ask no questions, that kid is a goner!

I can say the same. That is because we know God. Like Abraham.

God bashers think it is something shallow. Like God spoke to Abraham, therefore Abraham believed in God. When it is a case of God looked at the whole earth for someone good and found Abraham. Abraham, like Job, like Jonah, like all Christians today knew / believe firmly that God is good. Hence we will do whatever He asks. We have crossed that bridge. Been there, done that. No longer question His goodness. He is good. Abraham was clearly a mature believer.

Well, I did not see where his wife(s) were killed only his sons, and daughters.

Job 1:18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house,
Job 1:19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"
Yeah no. His wife stayed behind to goad him to curse the Lord and die. What was her name again..? E_e??

We have to. We have a common faith in Christ ultimately as well as a common enemy.
God only reveals Jesus as Lord by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3 to those who pass His testing of heart and mind Jer 17:9-10. If you call Jesus, Lord we are family. Who am I to question God? Denominational differences < 1 Cor 2:2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back