Fight or Love

Are we called to fight or love

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HolyGround
Hey you seem a little back and forth here. :whistle:
First you say Love and give scripture showing, do not seek revenge or hold a grudge as if no to fight but then you like Cturtle post called to fight the good fight of faith.

So care to elaborate a little here?
Blessings my brother
FCJ

Even when we are fighting the good fight, we are not fighting persons nor principalities.

On the occasions we may be called on to be more aggressive, we are not to beat the _person_ whom we are 'fighting', they are no more personal your enemy than an opposing soldier in a war is personally the enemy of a soldier on patrold This does not mean disarm nor fail to perform ones duty, but our heart must not take on personal enmity when the real enemy is not the other.

I choose both... Fight is sooo may way; fight to preserve your faith, fight to just keep believing, everything, every day is a fight whether seen or unseen..

and love ofcourse like turtle said, god and everyone else.

Your definitely fighting the good faith fight! Maybe focus on studying the armor and see what weapons are available to you. Maybe the fight will not be so exhausting.

Here are some verses that God has given me to work through and study...praying them help you :)

1 Timothy 6:12
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Ephesians 6:10-18
1 Peter 1:2, 6-7
James 1:2-4, 12-15
1 Corinthians 10:13
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Colossians 2:6-7, 9-10; 3:1-3, 5, 10- 17
1 Peter 4:1-2; 5:6-11
Hebrews 12:1-14

Your definitely fighting the good faith fight! Maybe focus on studying the armor and see what weapons are available to you. Maybe the fight will not be so exhausting.

Here are some verses that God has given me to work through and study...praying them help you :)

1 Timothy 6:12
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Ephesians 6:10-18
1 Peter 1:2, 6-7
James 1:2-4, 12-15
1 Corinthians 10:13
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Colossians 2:6-7, 9-10; 3:1-3, 5, 10- 17
1 Peter 4:1-2; 5:6-11
Hebrews 12:1-14
Thanks, I always feel I could do better....much better.

Thanks, I always feel I could do better....much better.
All of us always have room for growth. But if we keep our focus on where we need to grow or just the fact that we can do better, then those thoughts don't boost or encourage our faith. When we keep our focus on Jesus and the living Word, then as we meditate on that living Word and feed our spirits with it, then the Word grows like a seed and changes our lives completely (Romans 12:2).

And is why
James 1:3 — James 1:4
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
Blessings

If we were called to fight, there would be no need to have subjects banned because of the rancor with which they are discussed. We would only be answering the call.

If we were Iiving up to the call to love, these things could be discussed without engendering enmity between us.

I regard these bans as regretful, but needful.

As we walk through life, and find ourselves taking sides, or at least sympathizing with definite stands, we must remember that our enemy is not the person on the other side, but possibly his cause or views.

If the fight is spiritual in nature, the one on the othere side may be our mission field. It is incumbent upon us to bring him closer to the Lord rather than beat him into submission (to ourself).

If we were called to fight, there would be no need to have subjects banned because of the rancor with which they are discussed. We would only be answering the call.

If we were Iiving up to the call to love, these things could be discussed without engendering enmity between us.

It's Knowing who the Fight is with and walking in Love is a Requirement even in a fight.

If we were not called to fight then God used a strange analogy when using the suit of armor in His written word.

The problem that Believers tend to bring forth is not Yet able to walk in the spirit and end up operating in the flesh through pride.

Blessings
FCJ

HolyGround
Hey you seem a little back and forth here. :whistle:
First you say Love and give scripture showing, do not seek revenge or hold a grudge as if no to fight but then you like Cturtle post called to fight the good fight of faith.

So care to elaborate a little here?
Blessings my brother
FCJ
I had an idea which I was comfortable with but never really thought of it as Cturtle had said.
Fish_of_Faith makes a great point.

'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations,
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

(2 Cor 10:3-5)

'Finally, my brethren,
be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore,
having your loins girt about with truth,
and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith,
wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; .
.. '
(Eph 6:10-18)

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.
Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown;
but we an incorruptible.
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly;

so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection:
lest that by any means, when I have preached to others,
I myself should be a castaway.'

(1Co 9:25-27)

Praise God!

Last edited:
'Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.'

(Gal 5:1)

'Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
Let all your things be done with charity.'
(1Co 16:13,14)

'Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ:
that whether I come and see you, or else be absent,
I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit,
with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
And in nothing terrified by your adversaries:
which is to them an evident token of perdition,
but to you of salvation, and that of God.
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ,
not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
Having the same conflict which ye saw in me,
and now hear to be in me.
'
(Php 1:27-30)

'Therefore, brethren,
stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught,
whether by word, or our epistle.
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself,
and God, even our Father,
which hath loved us,
and hath given us everlasting consolation
and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts,
and stablish you in every good word and work.'

(2Th 2:15-17)

Praise God!

Yes, I am aware of Ephesians 6:12 which says the fight Is with principalities, but that was a reference to satanic spirits (devils). Here I was looking for a word to describe organized authority whether a level of government or other body. I used "principality".

Only to add another view for the sake of conversation, I think it would be helpful to consider the fact that Jesus was not a pacifist and in fact did and will fight against people.

No question that Jesus is the “prince of peace” in that He will one day bring true and lasting peace to the earth. And His message in this world was remarkably non-violent. But the Bible is clear that sometimes war is necessary. And, given some of the Bible’s prophecies of Jesus, it is hard to only focus on only love.

The Bible in Revelation 19:15, speaking of Jesus, declares.........
“Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. ‘He will rule them with an iron scepter.’ He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.”

Yes I certainly realize that that passage is yet future when He comes to judge sin and sinner but it IMO sets up the Bible truth of Him not being just about only love.

We need to remember that when Jesus cleansed the Temple, He made and used a whip to run out the money changers.

All of us always have room for growth. But if we keep our focus on where we need to grow or just the fact that we can do better, then those thoughts don't boost or encourage our faith. When we keep our focus on Jesus and the living Word, then as we meditate on that living Word and feed our spirits with it, then the Word grows like a seed and changes our lives completely (Romans 12:2).

And is why
James 1:3 — James 1:4
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
Blessings

Congratulations!!! I just noticed that you are now a "Senior" moderator!!! That is a well deserved honor and I for one am very proud of you and your efforts to get out the Word of God.

Back