Evil

I think for some churches, they only want wealthy patrons. I certainly learned that was what 'purpose driven' churches were all about. Making money for CEO pastors.
the Bible calls them hirelings in it for the money. we take care of the lawn we clean the church once a week . we draw no pay for it we are a small church in numbers back in early fall we had spend around ten thousand dollars new roof and insurance premium . we did not go to the bank and borrow . the Good Lord made a way we still had operating funds. we try to be the Church not a church. many dont know the difference

i dont know personally of any church like that. of course area we live in not big like mega cities. i m sorry i would never be part of anything like that . i am all for missions we help a couple out in Guam past couple months we been sending summers clothing and shoes to them. the wife there distributes them out. all this except for mailing cost is donated . for a flat rate box with u.s postal service cost right at 20.00 to ship takes about 7 days. then the u.s customs paper work . my iwfe fills out what is in each box
There are lots of these type churches in my area I live in a big city...but they can be in small towns too, as was the business cafe one.
What happened was the church members refused to give into that new (evil) pastor and started meeting in house churches.

I support missions but missions can also be in your own land since people fly across the world to come to nz, esp refugees. We also have City Mission for our own city, they put on a big christmas lunch and many people esp those who don't have their own homes, go and have a (free) feast.

Salvation Army is very big here and one of the few churches/ministries that care about the needs of poorer people.

If you are military minded, Salvation Army might be a good church for you, though its a bit far out for me I know they do a lot of rehab for addicts. Some successful some not.

The only thing is they don't have communion or baptism apparently so not sure how that works. Or maybe they do, I don't know. Also, those who are against women preachers snub the Salvation Army seeing as Catherine Booth was one of the founders along with her husband William, and she actually preached in her day.

Hello Musicmaster;

Yes. It went beyond that and I didn't want to expose the candidate's demeanor, tone of voice and manner in the interview process which ended up being the decision by the committee to move on to other candidates.

Second, the candidate didn't discuss the Scripture's teachings of giving. He would make the percentage agreement mandatory. In the beginning of the interview process we presented the Board of Director's role within our Church which included managing the finances. The Lead Pastor (me) and the Pastoral staff never trumped the Board of Directors and it was apparent this candidate overlooked that part. This was surprising to the committee.

We follow the various teachings in the New Testament of giving with a cheerful heart reference 2 Corinthians 9:7-8, 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. - ESV

God revealed His faithfulness with our offerings (what each one could give) which helped us manage the allocations of moneys to other parts of ministry and expenses. We had a healthy bank account and threshold. The Church always paid by check/cash and never used a credit card.

I wasn't at the interviews. The committee reported to me the results. Only when the candidate succeeded the round of interviews did I end up meeting with the final two candidates. Unfortunately the one we were ready to hire had to decline. The second finalist was hired but he and his wife went through the immigration process from Canada to the United States.

I hope this helps, MM.

God bless you, brother.

Wow, so that fella was indeed unfamiliar with the scriptures in what you quoted above from 2 Cor. 9.

Wow. I guess it takes all kinds to make this world go around, as the stomach turns...

Thanks, Bob.

MM

Back