Does God hate magic, or witchcraft?

For example, being a White Witch and seeking healing powers and practices by incantations and use of Gaia the Earth Mother Goddess. There is much in New Age that is of the occult. Greenies and other varieties of Earth worshippers go on about spiritual awareness drawing on popular ideas/practices from Buddhism and pagan beliefs. Occult practices are rife throughout the so called Age of Aquarius adherents and their crystal power beliefs. White magic is also pretty trendy.

For example, being a White Witch and seeking healing powers and practices by incantations and use of Gaia the Earth Mother Goddess. There is much in New Age that is of the occult. Greenies and other varieties of Earth worshippers go on about spiritual awareness drawing on popular ideas/practices from Buddhism and pagan beliefs. Occult practices are rife throughout the so called Age of Aquarius adherents and their crystal power beliefs. White magic is also pretty trendy.
Oh. With all the atheism going on, I didn't think people still believed in stuff like that. Guess they do. Also, are horoscopes satanic as well?

or that useth divination, or an observer of times,
Yes, there are warnings against worshipping the stars, the moon or the sun. There are dire warnings against horoscopes and divinations that ascribe mystical power, or foretelling to the stars and planets. All these things are false religion and lead people away from worshipping the ONE true God:
I AM God and there is none other besides me. This is not an empty boast.

Yes, there are warnings against worshipping the stars, the moon or the sun. There are dire warnings against horoscopes and divinations that ascribe mystical power, or foretelling to the stars and planets. All these things are false religion and lead people away from worshipping the ONE true God:
I AM God and there is none other besides me. This is not an empty boast.
Yeah, worshiping the sun, stars, and moon is really dumb in my opinion. But horoscopes seemed so innocent. That's just how satan works.

I want to know because magic is in a lot of games. Witchcraft is contacting the spirits and stuff. Magic doesn't really do that. I believe that witchcraft is real, and I stay away from it.
Answering your original question, yes, God hates witchcraft and "magic" so-called. There are plenty of places in the Old Testament where he detests such things.

That being said, magic in a fantasy novel, movie, or video game doesn't have to be a problem. It is a problem when you believe it and practice it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Juk
I checked your profile an notice you're 12.

For many, that's old enough to search your spiritual self, but I strongly suggest that you discuss this with your parents/guardians. ( by the way I am over 60 and comparatively an old geezer ). You may also want to discuss this with someone else that you feel is spiritually strong ( pastor / christian teacher), etc.

Remember that much of our daily lives is spiritually toxic. Even such fun times as Halloween is filled with the forms of evil.

Too some, it may be just a game, and the storyline behind it doesn't enter their mind. To others it is another time they are thinking about evil.

Evil exists, and it is not too soon to learn to guard yourself against it.

Too much time is spent with things depicting evil or zombies or such.

Fill your thoughts with uplifting things.

Answering your original question, yes, God hates witchcraft and "magic" so-called. There are plenty of places in the Old Testament where he detests such things.

That being said, magic in a fantasy novel, movie, or video game doesn't have to be a problem. It is a problem when you believe it and practice it.

Hope that helps.
Clears a lot up :)

For many, that's old enough to search your spiritual self, but I strongly suggest that you discuss this with your parents/guardians. ( by the way I am over 60 and comparatively an old geezer ). You may also want to discuss this with someone else that you feel is spiritually strong ( pastor / christian teacher), etc.

Remember that much of our daily lives is spiritually toxic. Even such fun times as Halloween is filled with the forms of evil.

Too some, it may be just a game, and the storyline behind it doesn't enter their mind. To others it is another time they are thinking about evil.

I am filled with the "you can't trust anybody" attitude, sadly...

What about the magic in video games? Would that count?

Hi Juk,
Lets see here. Are there powers and spells and other such stuff that the world and media likes to trend as harmless fun ? It's never harmless especially when played for long hours or alot.
Take those war games full of bloody killing and such. One young man who played these types of games day in and night ended up killing some people and claimed he thought he was in a video game.

Yea i know that wont happen to you....However, we are instructed in the written word of God to renew our minds with His word. Renewing your mind is like a hard drive that stores what ever you are putting into it...See where I am going here ? All those questionable games are filling your mind with the very things God wants to remove. Another words He wants your thinking to line up with His word and not majic and killing and other such junk that worms it's way into your mind and then you and God have to go on a digging spree to dig this stuff out. See God wants to root all that junk out of you and if you keep planting it in. Well you wont be going to far to fast in your growing in the Lord..

Have a blessed day
Jim

Now this is an excellent response!

Hi Juk,
I hope and pray that you are shining bright with the Glory of God today as it seems you always are. !! Brother you simply bless my day every time I come here and read your post. You are truly amazing and I am so very proud of you..

Now then I want to make a few comments on the white vs black witchcraft thing.
As Waggles has said there is a lot of new age beliefs within this BUT that is not even the problem to be concerned about. I mean yea new age is something to be concerned about but is NOT the entire truth. It's more of a white wash and a deception that people have bought into and tend to sugar coat it and make it look better then it is...Same for wicca etc.

Ok back to the main point......
I want to show this in an easy illustration type way if I can.
At one time before email routers came along you could take any email and if you had the knowledge, you could trace it back to it's origional starting place or who wrote it and where it was sent from.

Ok take the modern day GPS unit. If it is set correctly you can not only see where you want to go but you can also see where you started from or from where you came.

Now then it is the same with this white vs black witchcraft. People (through deception) and it is not hard to see who is behind this now is it ? , Any way people have swallowed this deception and ran with it. They claim white witch craft is for the good and for healing and for this and that and oh yea even that. They say only black witch craft is evil and for bad purposes and so forth.....

Here is the big deception, remember I was talking about tracking things from where they come from? WEll without going into a lot of detail and all kinds of examples that sound like instructions and such I will get to the point....
Both white and black witch craft claim to have powers of some kind. One for Good and one for Bad.....

Well IT ALL COMES FROM THE SAME SOURCE....This is the great deception here, the same power within the black witch craft comes from the same source as does ther powers of white witch craft. So it is easy to see that our enemy ther great liar and deciever is not both good and evil, or truthful and a liar.......

Our enemy the devil is the Father of Lies and has no good in him. He counterfits the things of God and colors them with false wonderful looking and sounding things. Kind of like the great
camouflage artist. This is actually true in all area's of our lives as well, the devil will camouflage things in an atempt to get you to bite or take hold of it.

I also wanted to point out that the moon and stars and stuff also paly a part in all of this and that is why we are told to STAY AWAY from horoscopes and fortune tellers and tea leaf readers and so forth.

People think that they can play around with this stuf and as long as they are not being serious then its ok and cant hurt them.....Ya know, it's too bad the devil never got that memo BECAUSE he TAKES IT VERY SERIOUS.

Games and wigi boards and YES video games all hold a deception, and slowly thery fill the mind with seeds of wrongful thinking and doing etc. Now not all games of course. Remember the devil is ther great counterfitter using camouflage in any way he can to get into peoples minds. That is why we must be trained for the battle of the mind and this is done by renewing your mind with the written word of God.

I hope this helps explain things a little better for you and I say this again.....I did NOT say all games are bad.....if a game draws a question in your mind, well you simply may just be better off putting it back and getting another one......OBTW....I have GT 2,3 and 4 .....rofl
Have a very blessed and fun loving in the SON day !
Jim

I want to know because magic is in a lot of games. Witchcraft is contacting the spirits and stuff. Magic doesn't really do that. I believe that witchcraft is real, and I stay away from it.
Harry Potter books and movies, lunchboxes, toys, stationery, games, - has done much damage in encouraging the acceptance of good magic and that witches and wizards, and spells and incantations are just fun and fantasy. It started much with Walt Disney and his cartoon movies promoting the portrayal of spells, witches, wizards, magical potions, elves and goblins, leprechauns. Disney have never ever made a Christian movie. Then came The Lord of The Rings and more wizards and magic. All these things appeal to the spiritual component of human beings that everybody has. BUT never ever do they lead to the truth and to the true worship of Jesus; our Creator, our Lord and God, our Saviour.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 KJV
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God---what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect. Romans 12:2 GNB
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6: 11-12
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1John 3:8

When we are born again by baptism of water and the Holy Spirit we are translated (moved from one place to another like in Star Trek) from the kingdom of Darkness (false religion, idolatry, evolution, philosophy, Earth worship, Wicca, magic, dragons, Vampires, Gothic culture, occult, astrology, it's a long list) to the Kingdom of Light (truth in Jesus himself and the Word) > Children of God > Children of Light > testimonies to transformed lives for the better > Jesus.

Harry Potter books and movies, lunchboxes, toys, stationery, games, - has done much damage in encouraging the acceptance of good magic and that witches and wizards, and spells and incantations are just fun and fantasy. It started much with Walt Disney and his cartoon movies promoting the portrayal of spells, witches, wizards, magical potions, elves and goblins, leprechauns. Disney have never ever made a Christian movie. Then came The Lord of The Rings and more wizards and magic. All these things appeal to the spiritual component of human beings that everybody has. BUT never ever do they lead to the truth and to the true worship of Jesus; our Creator, our Lord and God, our Saviour.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 KJV
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God---what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect. Romans 12:2 GNB
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6: 11-12
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1John 3:8

When we are born again by baptism of water and the Holy Spirit we are translated (moved from one place to another like in Star Trek) from the kingdom of Darkness (false religion, idolatry, evolution, philosophy, Earth worship, Wicca, magic, dragons, Vampires, Gothic culture, occult, astrology, it's a long list) to the Kingdom of Light (truth in Jesus himself and the Word) > Children of God > Children of Light > testimonies to transformed lives for the better > Jesus.
I've never done anything anything on that list (thank God). But how is philosophy evil?

Hi Juk,
Lets see here. Are there powers and spells and other such stuff that the world and media likes to trend as harmless fun ? It's never harmless especially when played for long hours or alot.
Take those war games full of bloody killing and such. One young man who played these types of games day in and night ended up killing some people and claimed he thought he was in a video game.

Yea i know that wont happen to you....However, we are instructed in the written word of God to renew our minds with His word. Renewing your mind is like a hard drive that stores what ever you are putting into it...See where I am going here ? All those questionable games are filling your mind with the very things God wants to remove. Another words He wants your thinking to line up with His word and not majic and killing and other such junk that worms it's way into your mind and then you and God have to go on a digging spree to dig this stuff out. See God wants to root all that junk out of you and if you keep planting it in. Well you wont be going to far to fast in your growing in the Lord..

Have a blessed day
Jim
There are so many conflicting arguments on the issue, but I think I'm going to delete the game. I suck at it anyway :ROFLMAO:

It really sucks, because I am always so bored. Every single day. Nothing is really fun or pleasurable except reading the Bible, which I do everyday. I want to do something more, and that's why I want to try out the game again. Or at least get into another game.
Would school sports have possibilities?
If you start to apply yourself you might enjoy it. It could be a useful distraction.
The son of a friend of ours took up fencing and he is really doing quite well.

Would school sports have possibilities?
If you start to apply yourself you might enjoy it. It could be a useful distraction.
The son of a friend of ours took up fencing and he is really doing quite well.
My school doesn't have sports for middle school. Only high school. But my teacher told me that next year they might have some, and I want to join. It could be a good way to spread the word of Jesus.

I've never done anything anything on that list (thank God). But how is philosophy evil?
Philosophy: The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Reality is a perception. Though natural eyes, it's impossible to raise someone from the dead. Through God's eyes, this is no big deal.

Philosophy is almost the opposite of faith.

Faith is:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Faith is a substance. Faith is what makes the unseen visible. Faith is the currency of heaven on earth. Faith is reality.

You cannot study faith reality with the natural eyes (philosophy). Understand? :D

I don't like to listen to humans outside of the Bible when it comes to God's Word, or how I should live my life.:cool:
God sends us many teachers/mentors to help guide us. Paul was a teacher and so were all the apostles. Don't be so quick to dismiss someone God sends you.

Back