Doctrines of Progressive Christianity

Its not just the virgin Mary. Catholics pray to any church canonized saint they choose. Seems every saint has a speciality. One for every conceivable problem. Mary however seems to be the favorite.

Its not just the virgin Mary. Catholics pray to any church canonized saint they choose. Seems every saint has a speciality. One for every conceivable problem. Mary however seems to be the favorite.

What's confusing to me is that they seem to believe that those who have passed on before us have some sort of Divine power in order to hear ann the payers of those here on earth praying to them, and to effect the influences desired. Nobody is omnipresent nor omniscient but the Lord. Not even Satan can hear all the prayers going on, and yet the roman catholic Mary can, along with all the others they have declared to be 'saints'?

Somehow, none of that aligns with the Bible at all. The Counsel of Trent declarations made it abundantly clear that the roman catholic Jesus, Mary and all others are not the same as what scripture portrays, for that counsel declared our beliefs to be 'anathema'...those of us who believe in faith alone as is declared within scripture. If we are 'anathema' in relation to their beliefs and teachings, then we are not worshippers of their god and their saints and idols, and for that I am thankful.

MM

I can imagine an unbeliever asking what is the difference between the RCC and paganism? IF these "saints" could hear people praying to them, I wonder how upset they would be that people were praying to them instead of GOD, who, they had dedicated their lives to? While I would agree that Mary deserves honor, she is not worthy of worship nor is anyone other than the Holy Trinity.

I can imagine an unbeliever asking what is the difference between the RCC and paganism? IF these "saints" could hear people praying to them, I wonder how upset they would be that people were praying to them instead of GOD, who, they had dedicated their lives to? While I would agree that Mary deserves honor, she is not worthy of worship nor is anyone other than the Holy Trinity.

Well said. Their Mary isn't worthy of the adoration nor veneration they accord to her. She communicates with no real entity capable of saving anyone. The actual woman who gave birth to the earthly body the Son of God inhabited is remembered with honor for her faith and willingness to submit herself to the Lord and His overshadowing of her.

The RCC has the freedom to deify their icons, idols and 'saints' as they so wish, but as for me and my house, we will serve the TRUE Lord and God of our salvation, and fixate our faith upon Him alone.

Just to make sure nobody assumes I'm creating the gap between the RCC beliefs and the Bible and Bible-believing saints, it is the Counsel of Trent that made that determination, not me or anyone else in this present age of ours. It is the RCC that distanced itself from all others who believe in salvation by faith apart from works. Works should be the outflow of a true faith, but never the basis upon which salvation is based.

MM

It's interesting how the RCC is included in this thread topic, in relation to progressivism. The RCC doctrines are still evolving in their sandy, doctrinal foundations.

How? (One may ask.)

The fact that the vatican refuses to excommunicate the powerful politicians and Hollywood icons for their support of abortion and homosexuality, that speaks loud volumes to the massive shifts in the vatican's grounds for morality and ethics. It's as if anything and everything is becoming acceptable to the vatican leadership that is arising from corrupt culture and society the world over.

The spirit of antichrist is infiltrating so very deep within even Protestant denominational leadership staffing and organizations at a velocity that is astounding.

MM

Money. Im sure there are good priests and nuns. Do they still have nuns? Anyway, not saying the catholic church is all about the bucks but historically the sale of indulgences and help getting loved ones through purgatory financed bigger and shinier churches.

Money. Im sure there are good priests and nuns. Do they still have nuns? Anyway, not saying the catholic church is all about the bucks but historically the sale of indulgences and help getting loved ones through purgatory financed bigger and shinier churches.

Oh, yes. They still have nuns. They are a means through which that religion receives much of its monetary support. I've never heard of any religion doing away with any segment that is a cash cow and that has such influence.

MM

Oh, yes. They still have nuns. They are a means through which that religion receives much of its monetary support. I've never heard of any religion doing away with any segment that is a cash cow and that has such influence.

MM
I was told that catholic schools have many non-catholic teachers now do to a shortage of nuns.

My wife was at Mercy having tests and I told her nuns should still wear habits. I said I was scared to wink at the nurses in fear they were a nun. 😀

This is the same vein as wokeness and progressivism. Relative moralism. The "My beliefs should be respected and celebrated" type of thinking. Whether it is the LGBLT(add more letters as you want) crowd or "I can't define what a woman is because I'm not a biologist" crowd or celebrations of any and all perversions of basic moral behavior. This group is pushing for the same type of outcome.

This is the same vein as wokeness and progressivism. Relative moralism. The "My beliefs should be respected and celebrated" type of thinking. Whether it is the LGBLT(add more letters as you want) crowd or "I can't define what a woman is because I'm not a biologist" crowd or celebrations of any and all perversions of basic moral behavior. This group is pushing for the same type of outcome.

Their hypocrisy is without bounds. They demand that we not force our morals and views upon them, in that there is a God and moral absolutes against their perversions, and then turn around and demand respect and celebration for their perverseness. It's "In your face" pride and haughtiness. The Lord will bring them down low in His own good time.

MM

I hope you don't mind my saying that makes no sense to me. That's like telling someone who is sitting in a rocker, knitting a sweater, to stop running around the house....

MM
I notice lots of people post you tube videos on here and they seem to watch lots of tv thats all.
Not directed at you if you don't do that of course.

It's just a general observation.

For everyone reading this forum.
Cos people always seem to post youtube videos on here and get ppl to comment on them...

If you do watch tv, I have a thread for you. Its in the tv watching forum.
I don't judge you, but well, think of all the hours you wasted on bad tv lol

If you do watch tv, I have a thread for you. Its in the tv watching forum.
I don't judge you, but well, think of all the hours you wasted on bad tv lol

Actually, I spend most of my time working, doing house projects, and theological studies and teaching.

MM

Back