Doctrine of the Devil

Do you believe that even believers can step out from under the shadow of His Wings?

Psalm 91:1-4
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

The text gives no indication that a wandering believer can't walk out from under that shadowing for a time, or even until death.

Just a conceptual thought.

MM

MM............getting very close to OSAS....ya think????

Haven't we ALL stepped out from the will of God?
Aren't we all sinners, saved or unsaved???

All actions have consequences, saved or unsaved and I do not know of anyone who have NOT walked out from under God's shadow at some time.

Yes, the Lord knows who are his...

2 Timothy 2:19 (KJV) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

A person can't be born again without the Lord knowing them.
i agree 199% but the parable of the sower can be preached 2 different ways... we need stop think its about the parable of the sower the type ground = the type hearer .were not always receptive hearers .. some word/seed can fall on the way side the hard dirt path like cattle create on the path they travel thorny ground gets chocked out by the world,, the stony ground had no root at all . then the good ground is what we should be like..

MM............getting very close to OSAS....ya think????

Haven't we ALL stepped out from the will of God?
Aren't we all sinners, saved or unsaved???

All actions have consequences, saved or unsaved and I do not know of anyone who have NOT walked out from under God's shadow at some time.

Nope. That shadow is not the shadow of salvation. That shadow, to my thinking, is the protection and endurance against the adversities of a life in Christ. When we step out from under it by having traipsed out into the plain and desert of sin, we are on our own during that time. Some may call that "backslidden."

MM

Nope. That shadow is not the shadow of salvation. That shadow, to my thinking, is the protection and endurance against the adversities of a life in Christ. When we step out from under it by having traipsed out into the plain and desert of sin, we are on our own during that time. Some may call that "backslidden."

MM

Got it!

The speaker is totally correct!!!!

I used to cringe when someone in prayer meeting would "Bind" Satan.

CONTEXT of Matt. 18:18 outlined out a process for Christians to follow when dealing with a believer who refuses to repent of sinful behavior. That process ends, as a last resort, with the person being removed from the community and treated as an outsider.

It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with holding Satan or demons and keeping them at bay.

There used to be a TV series back in the ‘60’s called ‘Get Smart’ starring Maxwell Smart (agent 86) working for CONTROL (today’s equivalent of the CIA).
Their nemesis, KAOS is a perfect name for the Doctrine of the devil.

There used to be a TV series back in the ‘60’s called ‘Get Smart’ starring Maxwell Smart (agent 86) working for CONTROL (today’s equivalent of the CIA).
Their nemesis, KAOS is a perfect name for the Doctrine of the devil.

Doctrinal and contextual slaughter is always a practice in KAOS...

MM

Back