Doctrine of the Devil

When the devil ignores you, it can also mean God is ignoring you....

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(Heb 12:6-8)

When the devil ignores you, it can also mean God is ignoring you....

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(Heb 12:6-8)

Yes. As it is written, those are "without" chastisement, they are "bastards," which is pretty much what Denzel said.

MM

we have but we also have the parable of the sower used to illustrate what level/ type hearer we are

Hello forgiven;

I agree with you. How many have we crossed who hear the Word in Bible study, the sermon and workshops, but after so many years still hasn't learned (or heard). How many times does Jesus teach or caution, "He who has ears to hear".

I have to admit I'm still working on this as my wife will exclaimed, "I told you, over and over but you never listen!" I used to think it was cute but as I'm getting older this is not funny anymore.

But when it's my turn to get the Word across, I still find that others may not be listening and hang on to their wayward ways.

By the way, Denzel Washington is a man of God.

God bless you, brother.

we have but we also have the parable of the sower used to illustrate what level/ type hearer we are
Hello forgiven;

I agree with you. How many have we crossed who hear the Word in Bible study, the sermon and workshops, but after so many years still hasn't learned (or heard). How many times does Jesus teach or caution, "He who has ears to hear".
Also agree with forgiven61.

Matthew 12: 21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

God Bless all who seek to uplift by the Word.

I guess I'm rather dense today, but could you explain how that relates to...

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1Jn 4:4)

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
I looked up the word 'knew' (ginosko) and noticed it is the same word as in 'give birth to' as in

Matthew 1:25 (KJV) And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

I believe the Septuagint (Greek translation of the Old Testament) would bear this out.

If this is so, then the reference is to those not born again (through the new birth).

I always thought...

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1Jn 4:4)

Do you believe that even believers can step out from under the shadow of His Wings?

Psalm 91:1-4
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

The text gives no indication that a wandering believer can't walk out from under that shadowing for a time, or even until death.

Just a conceptual thought.

MM

the word know /knew is in reference to a personal relationship Know Jesus or NO Jesus that's why its a know so salvation
Yes, the Lord knows who are his...

2 Timothy 2:19 (KJV) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

A person can't be born again without the Lord knowing them.

Do you believe that even believers can step out from under the shadow of His Wings?

Psalm 91:1-4
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

The text gives no indication that a wandering believer can't walk out from under that shadowing for a time, or even until death.

Just a conceptual thought.

MM
Sure, but the Lord is not idle, He has His ways of bringing us back Heb 12:5-11:

I looked up the word 'knew' (ginosko) and noticed it is the same word as in 'give birth to' as in

Matthew 1:25 (KJV) And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

I believe the Septuagint (Greek translation of the Old Testament) would bear this out.

If this is so, then the reference is to those not born again (through the new birth).

You are in fact correct!

Yes, the Lord knows who are his...

2 Timothy 2:19 (KJV) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

A person can't be born again without the Lord knowing them.

Again......correct as it is a Bible fact that we are born again when HE calls us!

Back