Do you remember when you got your first grey hair

And how did it make you feel?

Can't really frame it as a positive thing even if I tried, but I have learned to accept the fact that I am no spring chicken anymore. I am now officially middle aged and maybe that can be a positive thing. Gotta learn to make peace with it.

You?

Hi Wan, I don’t remember getting a first gray hair, rather for me it was a small, 25 cent sized patch that showed up in the front, rather suddenly, in my 40’s.
What I do remember is that some people remarked they liked it, and that mystified me.
I am now officially middle aged and maybe that can be a positive thing. Gotta learn to make peace with it.
It is a blessing. For me, I believe it is the fortunate ones who live to be older and have more time to reflect on what is really important in God’s creation and then make adjustments. That was the case for me at any rate.
God bless you and those you love.

Hello Wan;

I'm a happy man. When I was 40 years old I noticed the gray hairs appear near my sideburns. I was asked by my hair cutter if I wanted them dyed or cut. I asked her to leave them alone. It's been that way since, and your thread reminded me of Proverbs 20:29;

Proverbs 20:29, 29 The glory of young men is their strength, and the splendor of old men is gray hair. - HCSB

The way I read that verse is I may be getting older and at 66 years with the hope I have gained knowledge and wisdom given by our God.

Anyway,
sister, I can relate what you share and no doubt we may be getting older but we're still beautiful in the eyes of God.

God bless
you and thank you for sharing this thought.

Bob in faith

Hello Wan;

I'm a happy man. When I was 40 years old I noticed the gray hairs appear near my sideburns. I was asked by my hair cutter if I wanted them dyed or cut. I asked her to leave them alone. It's been that way since, and your thread reminded me of Proverbs 20:29;

Proverbs 20:29, 29 The glory of young men is their strength, and the splendor of old men is gray hair. - HCSB

The way I read that verse is I may be getting older and at 66 years with the hope I have gained knowledge given by our God.

Anyway,
sister, I can relate what you share but no doubt we may be getting older but we're still beautiful in the eyes of God.

God bless
you and thank you for sharing this thought.

Bob in faith
Thank you Bob and what a beautiful sentiment.

Can't really frame it as a positive thing even if I tried, but I have learned to accept the fact that I am no spring chicken anymore. I am now officially middle aged and maybe that can be a positive thing. Gotta learn to make peace with it.

You?
No I do not remember. In fact I do not remember what I had yesterday for breakfast.

I have never cared one little bit about gray hair.......just as long as I have hair I am OK.

Funny fact.......My Grandfather was bald, my father was bald, my uncle was bald, all of my male cousins are bald. I am the only one in the family who still has his hair.

I was 18 when I first heard someone say to me that they saw a gray hair on my head. It was in disbelief that I told them to pluck it and let me see it. They did, and it was as gray as gray can be...

MM

You?
It is interesting that grey hair was once regarded as a sign of wisdom, these days it has become a fashion statement, I am now on the verge of three score and ten, and remember my first grey hairs appeared in my thirties after my Dad had died. As far as wisdom goes I'm not so sure that I have made that many wise decisions being very impulsive and in regards to a fashion statement I tried colouring my hair twice in my life, first time with a younger girl friend and made a mess of it and secondly when I married my lovely wife for our wedding. These days I go with the flow and let others worry about the colour of their hair. Tsavah2

what in 2050?wif
God's timing is perfect even though it doesn't seem that way at times. My wife and I had Ecclesiastes 3:11 as our signature verse for our wedding 25 years ago, it was my wife's second wedding after her first husband died tragically and my first after many years as a confirmed bachelor, so it can happen. Our song for the wedding was 'In His Time'. God's Blessings from Tsavah2

God's timing is perfect even though it doesn't seem that way at times. My wife and I had Ecclesiastes 3:11 as our signature verse for our wedding 25 years ago, it was my wife's second wedding after her first husband died tragically and my first after many years as a confirmed bachelor, so it can happen. Our song for the wedding was 'In His Time'. God's Blessings from Tsavah2
I'm a confirmed Bachelor as I got the degree ..and a Masters too. Nobody wants to marry a Master. lol
I'm not waiting for anyone to die so I can marry their widow/ be the second/third/fourth wife or concubine.

However, each to their own.

When I got my first WHITE hair I was like hooray now I can have different colours in my hair. Because black hair doesn't dye.

Back