Monette, AR: EF? - 1 fatality
Edwardsville, IL: EF3+ - 6 fatalities
Mayfield, KY: EF3+ - 50+ fatalities
Bowling Green, KY: EF3+ - 12 fatalities
Defiance, MO: EF3+ - 1 fatality
Hayti, MO: EF? - 1 fatality
Samburg, TN: EF? - 3 fatalities
Bremen, KY: EF3+ - 11 fatality

where i live we was under the scope for category 4 tornado watch . conditions was ripe temps around 70 * i walked outside several times check the weather .standing out in my front yard praying Lord protect our community break these storms up move them away to area causes no damage ..

he answered my prayers except last one. in a men prayer breakfast we talked about prayers and how we pray for someone to be healed and God calls them out of this world.. our natural mind can not understand this.. my thoughts to last nights events
i checked the radar several times on my phone . it showed the storm going around us.. i even left my cell phone on and placed at the head of my bed . i always shut it off at night.. these scriptures come to mind

Lamentations 3:22-23

King James Version

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

can i fully grasp all this ? no and neither can anyone else . i understand we walk by faith not by sight... at church in the morning we will give thanks and pray for those affected by this storm

This was a terrible onslaught of around 30 tornadoes, 6 States, something extremely rare this time of year.
Over 80 people died, going up.

Last edited:
This was a terrible onslaught of around 30 tornadoes, 6 States, something extremely rare this time of year.
Over 80 people died, going up.

many of these places are just few hours away from where i live

Scary, what do you do in event of tornado?
Do you hide in underground bunkers or something, I heard lots of ppl in US have them built in their homes.

Couple years back when we were in Ohio I heard about an area hit by a tornado. I went to take a look and what I saw spoke to me about the sovereignty of God. Five well built brick homes, the one in the middle was untouched, not even disturbed shingles or the toys sitting in the yard but the two on either side were destroyed. People had trailers there picking through debris. Made me think that the people in the centre house were praying people.

Do you hide in underground bunkers or something, I heard lots of ppl in US have them built in their homes.
yes, I was thinking in terms of Lanolin as I know some people live in mobile homes or are homeless.☹️
is there any safe places built for them?
I’ve seen where people have literally dug a basement and put their mobile home over top it.

Many years ago.....100 or so, people built "Storm Shelters". My great grandmother had one across the dirt road, dug into the bank of the hill. It had a door, and roof with wood along the walls and was about 6 x 8 if I remember. When a storm came up we would run acrosss the road with oil lamps and stay there until the storm passed.

Most all houses back then were wooden. As brink homes became more popular the wood houses passed because the brink homes could withstand the wind damage. Of course now there are millions of mobile homes, and they can not take any wind at all.

The result is what we see now as more and more people are dying. Storm pits were not pretty dug in the front years....but I would rather be ugly than dead.

What happens to the wind farms in tornadoes do they generate extra electricity?

Windy areas in nz are Manawatu and Wellington.

We sometimes get cyclones, but very rarely. Cyclone Bola was one that devastated many years ago. And some areas of land are wind tunnels. I live in a valley so am quite sheltered.

When I think of the US mid west its fields as flat as a pancake with huge skies...prairies with nothing to break the wind. In NZ the first thing farmers do is put in a windbreak for shelter. It will usually be a thick hedge of macrocarpa or quick growing pine to slow the wind down, otherwise plants don't get a chance to grow.

Hi, there Miss Lanolin - Them wind farm turbines have wind vane blades that can be adjusted or (feathered) to catch more or less wind, sort of like the propeller on a turbo jet airplane. When the blades are feathered, they don't catch much wind. We got a wind farm at Thompkinsville, Kentucky, close to Nashville, and when the wind gets bad, they shut down the turbines by feathering the vanes. Anything more than 20 revolutions per minute could damage the entire structure, so the engineers watch weather closely.

1639786304755.png

Hi, there Miss Lanolin - Them wind farm turbines have wind vane blades that can be adjusted or (feathered) to catch more or less wind, sort of like the propeller on a turbo jet airplane. When the blades are feathered, they don't catch much wind. We got a wind farm at Thompkinsville, Kentucky, close to Nashville, and when the wind gets bad, they shut down the turbines by feathering the vanes. Anything more than 20 revolutions per minute could damage the entire structure, so the engineers watch weather closely.

View attachment 6529
eek. I've seen the turbines up in the Manawatu hills they are huge and can be quite noisy. I don't know what it's like living close to a wind farm. A lot of electricity we get in NZ is generated by hydroelectricity, using the force of the rivers, or geothermal power.

But we also have gas and coal reserves. No nuclear power though.

Didn't one US president want to build a wall?
I always wondered why he didn't want to plant a hedge. A hedge would have been more effective.

And if it's full of spiky plants, like cacti and agaves, further south, people won't want to climb through it.

Didn't one US president want to build a wall?
I always wondered why he didn't want to plant a hedge. A hedge would have been more effective.

And if it's full of spiky plants, like cacti and agaves, further south, people won't want to climb through it.
The coyotes are pretty good at burrowing under such barriers.

Back