Dealing with narcissists

turning inward to self, is most likely satan's biggest weapon...

Genesis 3:4-5 LSB
And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! [5] For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Say, that brings back memories. There was once a Roman Catholic Mystic who taught that stuff...turning inward to the God within us. Gene Guyon, who was among the last of all the people to be imprisoned in the infamous Bastille. A guy named Fenelon also taught that philosophy as a way of achieving deeper, more intimate spirituality and closeness to God when going into that inner place to be with the indwelling Lord.

I just never could get into that stuff because of the word of Christ when He taught His disciples how to pray. It was never looking inward, but rather acknowledging God's presence and possession of Heaven, not our inward parts. Where it's true that He taught them that before the cross and the New Covenant, neither He nor the apostles gave to us anything different after the cross.

MM

Say, that brings back memories. There was once a Roman Catholic Mystic who taught that stuff...turning inward to the God within us. Gene Guyon, who was among the last of all the people to be imprisoned in the infamous Bastille. A guy named Fenelon also taught that philosophy as a way of achieving deeper, more intimate spirituality and closeness to God when going into that inner place to be with the indwelling Lord.

I just never could get into that stuff because of the word of Christ when He taught His disciples how to pray. It was never looking inward, but rather acknowledging God's presence and possession of Heaven, not our inward parts. Where it's true that He taught them that before the cross and the New Covenant, neither He nor the apostles gave to us anything different after the cross.
I wonder if this is the same as the teachings on levitation... which referred to alleged Catholic mystics who could get themselves in such a state of oneness with God that they could levitate out of their bodies. Imagine being able to FLOAT around the neighbourhood.... HAHAHAHA... There goes Walter... HAHAHAHA..... Sorry... I couldn't resist.

There is however such a thing as being a contemplative type person. I am that way... Because of my trust issues.... I have tended to be very much a loner.... and found much comfort in deep reflections on WHO GOD IS.... however.... I am sad to report that I have never been able to defeat gravity and float away.... HAHAHA..... Your post made me smile.

I wonder if this is the same as the teachings on levitation... which referred to alleged Catholic mystics who could get themselves in such a state of oneness with God that they could levitate out of their bodies. Imagine being able to FLOAT around the neighbourhood.... HAHAHAHA... There goes Walter... HAHAHAHA..... Sorry... I couldn't resist.

There is however such a thing as being a contemplative type person. I am that way... Because of my trust issues.... I have tended to be very much a loner.... and found much comfort in deep reflections on WHO GOD IS.... however.... I am sad to report that I have never been able to defeat gravity and float away.... HAHAHA..... Your post made me smile.

We can see in scripture what the mystics claim is akin to their practices, but that is not at all the case. The teachings of mystics tends to mislead people away from what scripture means when it addresses meditation. Many people think of someone sitting in what they call the Lotus position, finger tips touching, and humming senselessly as a transitory practice to dull the mind downward into the control of demons...even though they will deny demons are taking advantage. The enemy of our souls delights in all who down-play their presence and influences.

Let's look at what scripture actually teaches:

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

As we can deduce from these and many other verses throughout, the form of meditation of which scripture points is not to go about day and night, eyes closed, and oblivious to our surroundings. No. It is a matter of being mindful in our thoughts of the things scripture teaches and commands so that those life-giving instructions take a stronger foothold upon our beliefs and our actions.

Prayer...praying without ceasing. We can go to the extremes of that one too, and completely miss the meaning in those extremes. The balance in it all is a matter of to Whom our spiritual eyes are turned, and Whose words are in our minds and hearts, and upon our tongues. The only living water that can flow forth from our bellies (so to speak) are those of the Lord.

So, meditation is not at all a mystical thing as the false teachers of mysticism have spouted off into the gullible minds of the uninformed. When we ask of the Lord His Thoughts and His Ways, it is in those installments that our understanding is enlightened in the sense of our putting on the full armor so that the falsehoods of false teachers fall by the wayside of dust and dirt where they belong.

MM

So, meditation is not at all a mystical thing as the false teachers of mysticism have spouted off into the gullible minds of the uninformed. When we ask of the Lord His Thoughts and His Ways, it is in those installments that our understanding is enlightened in the sense of our putting on the full armor so that the falsehoods of false teachers fall by the wayside of dust and dirt where they belong.
You have posted one of my favourite hymns.... Thank you for that.

I was hoping you would find my post amusing. HAHA.

I do know that there is NOTHING mystical about how I practice meditation. I love to ponder deeply... the NATURE of GOD. It is my favourite thing to dwell upon... WHO GOD is ... IS so AWESOME and AMAZING. I get like a kid in a candy store and my soul RISES with such JOY to know that the GOD of ETERNITY watches over me and even sings over me. WOW and WOW.

God Bless you dear man.

MM
Yes God's law (in the form of command) tends us to inward inspection, whereas His promises build hope, faith and thankfulness.

Which is most of us, if we're honest.

Self self self
Did you know that the "major" sign of the Last Days is selfism????

2 Timothy 3:1-5........
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

MM
In the true sense of meditation as taught the Hindu monk Swami Brahmananda Saraswati first popularized transcendental meditation in the United States through his follower, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, we are to reach a state of peace or “pure consciousness.”
It involves someone saying a mantra, which is a saying that has a special significance to them, repeatedly in their head. The traditional language for this mantra is Sanskrit.

The problem is that when we "open" our mind in order to find peace and tranquility, we have just opened the door tto allow Satan to come in and plant seeds of opportunity.

Instead, I would submit that the best thing to do to find peace and tranquility is to fill your mind with the written Word of God.

The problem is that when we "open" our mind in order to find peace and tranquility, we have just opened the door tto allow Satan to come in and plant seeds of opportunity.

Instead, I would submit that the best thing to do to find peace and tranquility is to fill your mind with the written Word of God.
I have known many people who follow a spiritual path hoping to find peace and tranquility and rarely do. Ironically, if peace and tranquility are what you seek then you will often find neither. Instead, seek to accept that which is. If a person reaches the point where they can accept what is (including their own death) without judgement then peace and tranquility often follow.

2 Timothy 3:1-5........
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."
Was that an intended pun on the word 'Major'?

Yes boundaries work, but you have to enforce them. Im doing it at work now with those who want to take take take.

I have found the workplace the worst place that brings out the worst in everyone when someone has a big dose of narcissism.
We all want to get along, and be helpful, but there's always this one individual who wants to spoil it and create havoc for everyone else.
I have had the unfortunate task of having to navigate one or two in my workplaces who just will not allow peace to thrive.

Its not so much as someone wanting all the attention, I actually like people who enjoy the spotlight, stars and famous people enjoy being in the lime light, and they make good entertainers, but when it comes to creating chaos, and spreading strife amongst staff(which I have to just deal with at work) I had to report her and all I get is "well no one else has a problem with her" to which makes me feel guilty as if its my fault!

Well, when this co worker actually told me another worker was up to no good, I decided to ask her, and she couldnt believe it. apparently it was a lie, and a serious one that could have had her sacked. Now she wont even work with her and neither will many others, but, my boss tells me no one else has a problem with her. go figure. Apart form one girl who was part of our friend group many years ago, everyone else I know online and offline don't pass the threshold of a narscissic personality, because i've met only a handful, and I either block them, or put up boundaries straight away.

I have known many people who follow a spiritual path hoping to find peace and tranquility and rarely do. Ironically, if peace and tranquility are what you seek then you will often find neither. Instead, seek to accept that which is. If a person reaches the point where they can accept what is (including their own death) without judgement then peace and tranquility often follow.
I understand what you are saying, however, Peace is directly related to the actions and attitudes of individuals; but it is ultimately a gift from God. Until one has God he can never have peace and the only way to go is through Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 48:22 says........
"There is no peace for the wicked ".

Was that an intended pun on the word 'Major'?
Well......maybe.
What actually does......"hmnnn" mean to you?

Ok, you guys are really starting to scare me. During the sign of the Last Days there will be selfism. So we must be alert and not "bob" around as if nothing is happening. lol!

Yours truly,
"bob"

Back