Creation sequence in NOAH: is it unbiblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To treat the flood as anything except historical fact is to undermine the word of God. There is a large difference between a parable and a narrative. Never in the bible are any parables given much detail, they are given by Jesus, then the meaning is explained. The account of the flood however is in great detail and specifics. The idea that the flood and creation are just myths comes from the same universalist thinking that all "holy" books have the same message.

The bible must be treated as the literal word of God, or just foolishness. There is no (logical) moderate view.

What do you mean "responding as staff"?

I am staff first. A Sienor Moderator.
I posted a friendly reminder.
Now this misunderstanding of the use of the word myth has gone a little to far.

It's clear to every one and now we can move on.

As for me, well sir I am out of this thread as a posting member. I am not going to be involved in a thread back and forth.

Just remember others do not always see things the way we think they are written.
We must then take the attitude of oh ok and try again.

Any way nice talking with you and enjoy the thread.
Blessings
FCJ

I am staff first. A Sienor Moderator.
I posted a friendly reminder.
Now this misunderstanding of the use of the word myth has gone a little to far.

It's clear to every one and now we can move on.

As for me, well sir I am out of this thread as a posting member. I am not going to be involved in a thread back and forth.

Just remember others do not always see things the way we think they are written.
We must then take the attitude of oh ok and try again.

Any way nice talking with you and enjoy the thread.
Blessings
FCJ

What is clear to everyone?

To treat the flood as anything except historical fact is to undermine the word of God. There is a large difference between a parable and a narrative. Never in the bible are any parables given much detail, they are given by Jesus, then the meaning is explained. The account of the flood however is in great detail and specifics. The idea that the flood and creation are just myths comes from the same universalist thinking that all "holy" books have the same message.

The bible must be treated as the literal word of God, or just foolishness. There is no (logical) moderate view.

Clearly, much of the Bible is not to be taken literally, so I'm not sure how much sense it makes to say that we must treat the Bible as the literal word of God.

I see no more details in the flood story than I do in some of Jesus's parables. Perhaps you can help me out here.

So you really think that all terrestrial species were aboard the ark? You take that literally?

FCJ wrote: "Any time you use a word with multiple meanings, please do not assume you made your point clear and it is the other persons fault if they do not know what you are talking about."

Which definition of 'point' do you have in mind? There are multiple meanings of the word.

What definition of 'literal' are you ascribing to? Surely, you do not think Jesus is actually a vine.
RudyL33, please inform us as to how you can determine what is a real event with real people from that which is fictional in Scripture.
Also please inform us at which point in Biblical history did names stop being fictional and become real people.
Did the virgin birth really occur as well as the resurrection?

RudyL33, please inform us as to how you can determine what is a real event with real people from that which is fictional in Scripture.
Also please inform us at which point in Biblical history did names stop being fictional and become real people.
Did the virgin birth really occur as well as the resurrection?

Let's narrow down your question so that we can have a productive exchange.

FCJ wrote: "Any time you use a word with multiple meanings, please do not assume you made your point clear and it is the other persons fault if they do not know what you are talking about."

Which definition of 'point' do you have in mind? There are multiple meanings of the word.

Greetings,
Please View, look at, read and get some understanding of these two post.
This should make things clear and understandable.
Thank You !
Blessings
FCJ

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/message-to-members-forum-replying.46511/

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/message-to-members-forum-replying.46511/#post-448761

I believe for now all that needs to be said has been said and nothing else can really edify anything here.

So this thread will be closed for review and may not be reopened.
Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back