There are some things I disagree with Kent about in various of his talks, but this video is a REALLY good one. He really drove home to me the fact that media and schools all across the West spout SOOOO much that's just not true, nor is proven fact, and yet they report it and teach it all as if it were absolutely beyond question...even when Cosmologists themselves question what so many consider to be fact!

For example, NOBODY has ever seen the formation of any star. Given simple math, we should see more star formation than explosions if the universe were as old as they claim...given the number of stars that they estimated from the Hubble Telescope findings.

This video is a wonderful tool for equipping you with many of the doubts and questions the greatest minds in cosmological studies are asking, but that are never broadcast by media or schools that are directly involved in social engineering of the young minds under their tutelage!

Feel free to share and/or discuss anything that bumps up against your brain about this stuff.

I have heard of the Z- pinch where plasma is condensed to such a degree in a birkeland current that it causes a magnetic field.

Possibly the stars are actually formed in a birkeland current and when a massive lightning bolt flashes the stars are what’s left behind but it’s so quick we hardly notice!

Although it’s just a new theory so I’m not sure. And I’m not sure how old the earth is either .

I have heard of the Z- pinch where plasma is condensed to such a degree in a birkeland current that it causes a magnetic field.

Possibly the stars are actually formed in a birkeland current and when a massive lightning bolt flashes the stars are what’s left behind but it’s so quick we hardly notice!

Although it’s just a new theory so I’m not sure. And I’m not sure how old the earth is either .

Speaking only for myself, I have grave doubts their theory has any plausible application on the scale of a star, or even a small planet. You see, one prime reason I call this theory into question is because they still have to explain not only how that can happen on the scale of the mass of a star, but also that it should be happening many times a second in every galaxy, and they have not even one observation or stars popping together at the speed of lightning or any other frame of time. It's all just more of that stuff they call "adult fantasies."

MM

I have never seen ball lightning but when I was growing up, older people was terrified of it.

I wonder if suns form on a giant scale the way a small plasmoid may?

I don’t know MM, you will know more about it all than I, being a scientist. All I do is read the theories.

Actually, I get much of my information from science journals, which most generally fail to back up so much of the garbage we hear in media and in classrooms, even at universities, all of whom have access to the same journals! The lies and deceptions are so prolific...

MM

I had thought to skip this thread. I am confident that MM has his views set and is convinced that they are THE CORRECT view of scripture and believes this video supports his position. To tell the truth, I am also pretty convinced of a contrasting (old Earth) view of creation. I am further convinced that while much can be difficult, the Lord has created the universe to be studied, particularly to find out about His nature.

This talk is about as reliable as those of Flat Earthers. He makes a statement that he is unconvinced of the discoveries of science and then materially misstates basic scientific views and then demonstrates his lack of knowledge of the techniques of stellar observation.

I encountered several of the concepts back in the 1970’s when I was taking courses at the local city college. I can remember our physics prof demonstrated the measurement of the speed of light using spinning mirrors. We then went out to the field and shot a laser at the moon, timing how long between the shot and the reflected pulse (The Apollo astronauts left an array of mirrors on the moon that were designed to reflect light back to its point of origin). Actually, it surprised me that it could be done during the day, but after adjusting for ambient light the detector was able to ‘see’ the spike in energy. Back in the classroom, we compared this data with a table of actual distances adjusted for the elliptical lunar orbit as well as the altitude of our school maintained by the astronomy department, and it matched well.

Contrary to the statements and implications in the video statements, Science does NOT state that the speed of light is constant. What it does say is that the speed of light within a given medium is constant. When a specific value is given, it is usually the speed of light in a vacuum which describes most of interstellar space (other than a few wisps of gas and dust). The science of optics tells a great deal about the bending of light as it passes through different media. Such scientific artifacts as lenses and prisms are built on the bending of light. He goes on to point out that light bends in gravity, etc, which sits well within scientific knowledge. What he does not say (to his dubious credit is that light speed changes haphazardly, or in an unknown manner. The constancy of light (again within a given medium or interstellar space) means that it is a great tool in understanding how the universe works. Astronomers have since Galileo continually refined the amount and reliability of their measurements. They observe visible light, infrared light, radio waves, interferometry, and gravity waves, etc. All this is possible because God wants us to know Him (the Creator) through creation. All of this shows us the orderliness of God.

The guy on the video also seems unfamiliar with how parallax is used to observe the position of stars. He seemed to think there is an appreciable uncertainty in the location of telescopes used in parallax measurements. But when observatories are constructed (or new instruments are installed), observatories perform a series of star measurements using well known stars. This allows them to fine tune the calibration of the observatory to minimize the uncertainty. The observatory knows its location within a foot or so in each direction, including altitude. This is much better than GPS (even military wartime GPS, which is much more accurate than standard). The point is that astronomers are used to ultra precise measurement (at least when necessary). And NOTHING noted thus far when incorporated in a unified view of the universe even hints at a young universe. There are many unknowns, but not knowing does not mean taking anything as fact.

He did not even address the other ways distance and speed is measured. Things like cephid variables (which provide reliable distance measurements), Red Shift which uses spectral lines to judge the speed of recession (and, incidentaly the distance) of the star.

Now, the worse thing that a reader may do is to take what someone calling himself Siloam (I.E. me) says. If you are comfortable with your understanding of creation, and it is a young Earth view, that is fine. This isn’t salvation, and I could always be wrong, But realize that if you are going to work in the sciences, particularly in Astronomy, or Geology, or the life sciences, be ready to hear about an old earth and/or universe.

I had thought to skip this thread. I am confident that MM has his views set and is convinced that they are THE CORRECT view of scripture and believes this video supports his position. To tell the truth, I am also pretty convinced of a contrasting (old Earth) view of creation. I am further convinced that while much can be difficult, the Lord has created the universe to be studied, particularly to find out about His nature.

This talk is about as reliable as those of Flat Earthers. He makes a statement that he is unconvinced of the discoveries of science and then materially misstates basic scientific views and then demonstrates his lack of knowledge of the techniques of stellar observation.

I encountered several of the concepts back in the 1970’s when I was taking courses at the local city college. I can remember our physics prof demonstrated the measurement of the speed of light using spinning mirrors. We then went out to the field and shot a laser at the moon, timing how long between the shot and the reflected pulse (The Apollo astronauts left an array of mirrors on the moon that were designed to reflect light back to its point of origin). Actually, it surprised me that it could be done during the day, but after adjusting for ambient light the detector was able to ‘see’ the spike in energy. Back in the classroom, we compared this data with a table of actual distances adjusted for the elliptical lunar orbit as well as the altitude of our school maintained by the astronomy department, and it matched well.

Contrary to the statements and implications in the video statements, Science does NOT state that the speed of light is constant. What it does say is that the speed of light within a given medium is constant. When a specific value is given, it is usually the speed of light in a vacuum which describes most of interstellar space (other than a few wisps of gas and dust). The science of optics tells a great deal about the bending of light as it passes through different media. Such scientific artifacts as lenses and prisms are built on the bending of light. He goes on to point out that light bends in gravity, etc, which sits well within scientific knowledge. What he does not say (to his dubious credit is that light speed changes haphazardly, or in an unknown manner. The constancy of light (again within a given medium or interstellar space) means that it is a great tool in understanding how the universe works. Astronomers have since Galileo continually refined the amount and reliability of their measurements. They observe visible light, infrared light, radio waves, interferometry, and gravity waves, etc. All this is possible because God wants us to know Him (the Creator) through creation. All of this shows us the orderliness of God.

The guy on the video also seems unfamiliar with how parallax is used to observe the position of stars. He seemed to think there is an appreciable uncertainty in the location of telescopes used in parallax measurements. But when observatories are constructed (or new instruments are installed), observatories perform a series of star measurements using well known stars. This allows them to fine tune the calibration of the observatory to minimize the uncertainty. The observatory knows its location within a foot or so in each direction, including altitude. This is much better than GPS (even military wartime GPS, which is much more accurate than standard). The point is that astronomers are used to ultra precise measurement (at least when necessary). And NOTHING noted thus far when incorporated in a unified view of the universe even hints at a young universe. There are many unknowns, but not knowing does not mean taking anything as fact.

He did not even address the other ways distance and speed is measured. Things like cephid variables (which provide reliable distance measurements), Red Shift which uses spectral lines to judge the speed of recession (and, incidentaly the distance) of the star.

Now, the worse thing that a reader may do is to take what someone calling himself Siloam (I.E. me) says. If you are comfortable with your understanding of creation, and it is a young Earth view, that is fine. This isn’t salvation, and I could always be wrong, But realize that if you are going to work in the sciences, particularly in Astronomy, or Geology, or the life sciences, be ready to hear about an old earth and/or universe.

Perhaps you missed where he showed the graphic of the parallax measurement method. (shrug) I can't say, but the bottom line is that this is a peripheral issue overall, because nothing will ever take away from the fact that Christ Jesus is Lord over all. With that I'm sure we can agree.

MM

The astronauts used a array of mirrors. Proves nothing. It’s well documented that they have been bouncing lasers off the moon long before the supposed moon landing. And as you mentioned also the military used the moon as a medium for their communications too. The reality is that the speed of light can be made to go faster remain constant or go slower. One Thing is for certain if your going to work for the scientific world or the scientific mafia tread carefully on how and where you mention God.

The astronauts used a array of mirrors. Proves nothing. It’s well documented that they have been bouncing lasers off the moon long before the supposed moon landing. And as you mentioned also the military used the moon as a medium for their communications too. The reality is that the speed of light can be made to go faster remain constant or go slower. One Thing is for certain if your going to work for the scientific world or the scientific mafia tread carefully on how and where you mention God.

The video highlighted one glaring falsehood in their claims for an ability to measure such vast distances...singular and dual triangulation. That is a total myth when it comes to measurements on a cosmic scale. I didn't hammer on that in my response to Siloam because it's mathematics and geometry, and so not really something worth debating. I've worked with precision instrumentation that is FAR more precise than telescopes and trying to determine the exact centers of stars, even those that are visible, and working with a triangulation that is so minute in angular difference beyond, at best, 100 light years...no. That's just pure fantasy and speculation. I've worked on and with electron and x-ray microscopes, and the precision it would take to measure beyond the very generous limit of 100 light years, no. We do not possess that level of technology, even though they dishonestly claim otherwise.

In their favor, they DO have approximations they can make WITHIN that distance, even given all the variables, such as the fact that in the six months it takes for earth to get to the other side of where it was six months prior, the garbage floating around in space that distorts the light, and the motion of the stars as they all move...no. The idea that they can measure accurately at those distances is like trying to prove evolution is true.

What was really crushing to the wishful-thinking pseudo-science community in Kent's presentation is the fact that they can't see even the coronal expulsions off any of those stars, but only the color of their light...if the light doesn't change velocity in that non-vacuum space in between. I say non-vacuum because it is not, by any means, a perfect vacuum. Oops, another variable that they cannot measure with any close precision...

MM

It is pretty cool, however, that they can now see stars through a limited amount of cosmic dust, into the center of our galaxy, and see the start that orbit a vast, seemingly invisible mass, in the very center. At least some cosmologists are honest enough to admit how much shielding it would take for mankind to survive the massive amounts of radiation in proximity to, and within the space of, any of the star clusters out in space. Mankind will never reach the stars...not while in mortal form in this life, on this planet. Mankind would self-destruct LOOONG before he ever could achieve that level of technology, like Star Trek. That too is a fantasy that will never materialize. Many scientists simply don't like admitting that the laws of physics simply put on the brakes to any advancements beyond the point where we bump up against those limits in the laws over which we have no control.

HAH! I love it! God is showing to prideful mankind that he's not as smart as he thinks he is! He allows man to wallow in the sand boxes of his fantasies, but in the end, the Lord is magnified and praised in the hearts of His people!

MM

It is pretty cool, however, that they can now see stars through a limited amount of cosmic dust, into the center of our galaxy, and see the start that orbit a vast, seemingly invisible mass, in the very center. At least some cosmologists are honest enough to admit how much shielding it would take for mankind to survive the massive amounts of radiation in proximity to, and within the space of, any of the star clusters out in space. Mankind will never reach the stars...not while in mortal form in this life, on this planet. Mankind would self-destruct LOOONG before he ever could achieve that level of technology, like Star Trek. That too is a fantasy that will never materialize. Many scientists simply don't like admitting that the laws of physics simply put on the brakes to any advancements beyond the point where we bump up against those limits in the laws over which we have no control.

HAH! I love it! God is showing to prideful mankind that he's not as smart as he thinks he is! He allows man to wallow in the sand boxes of his fantasies, but in the end, the Lord is magnified and praised in the hearts of His people!

MM
I have seen a star born..........."Taylor Swift"!

Gladly, I am not. I seriously don't watch the news, or even TV, even if I had time to do that. I don't go the the movies, I'm one of those people the kids from the 70's would say is a square.

MM
Square is not really the word here my brother. Taylor Swift is a phenom and all by herself lifting some cities out of debt by her weekend concerts.

It is being said that the blowout success of Taylor Swift's Eras tour, is helping to buoy the economy and prevent a recession.

Square is not really the word here my brother. Taylor Swift is a phenom and all by herself lifting some cities out of debt by her weekend concerts.

It is being said that the blowout success of Taylor Swift's Eras tour, is helping to buoy the economy and prevent a recession.

One person is curbing the recession across this entire country?

MM

One person is curbing the recession across this entire country?

MM
Hey, I dont make this stuff up, I just pass it along.

" This month, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia made the same assertion that several other American towns had made regarding the musician's hugely successful concerts: that Taylor Swift's tour had increased travel and tourism in the area. Last month, market research company QuestionPro predicted that her tour will boost the global economy by $5 billion."
Source........https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/taylor-swift also CBS News.com

Back