Constructive Criticism in Today's Preaching

Ozarks, MO.... Do you know where Kennett, MO and/or Hornersville, MO is/are?
ozarks is wide stretch in land yes i know where ozark mo is i just came through there yesterday from Branson i know where Kennett, is Honorsville roughly never been there so when i say Ozarks i am speaking of home of the current river i am in Doniphan about 2 hours east of Ozark mo you would follow 60 east to 21 north to 160 i i am originally from a town north of Doniphan called Grandin MO, it is a very rural area the Ozarks all along 59 highway with little towns all over back roads Ozark mo pretty good size town we usually stop there on the way to Branson you got roots in this area? ozarsks is west of me Kennett, is south eastern of me more flat lands i live in the hills

I'm hoping as my wife is nearing retirement we can travel to these parts of America. I would love to visit the churches in these communities and experience Christian "fellowship" there. 👍

The towns you both brought up have history that one growing up in this country won't ever see.

I'm hoping as my wife is nearing retirement we can travel to these parts of America. I would love to visit the churches in these communities and experience Christian "fellowship" there. 👍

The towns you both brought up have history that one growing up in this country won't ever see.
Grandin is a historic lumber milling company town . when they built the town i think around late 1800 .they built 3 or 4 churches methodist baptist and a congregational church . Grand in my home town . there lots of little towns scattered . do a google of Grandin mo .

I was floored when I saw that story of some school somewhere with classrooms that had buckets of rocks for the students to allegedly "pelt" the mass shooter with as he or they entered the classroom. What a crock! One or two shots into the room and those kids will be cowering rather than throwing rocks...unless they are put through drills to continue throwing rocks no matter what is shot in at them. Unless they grow up with that kind of training, it's just a warm fuzzie fantasy. Even if governments succeed in taking guns from citizenry, the crooks will still always have them, we you well know, as will the politicians who turn out to be tyrants.
The majority of our classrooms now have installed what they call a "safe room" where a teacher can take her students and both can lock themselves in the room (like a large closet). It is safe, kind of, in that it has a solid door. Will not stop a bullet, but one hopes that out of sight our of mind.

self protection seems a bit absurd to me.

If I were to own a gun it would only be if I was using it to shoot pigs or deer or goats to eat them.
I live in a country if a mad gunman decides to goes on a rampage the best thing is to stay out of his way. It's up to the Armed Offenders Squad to deal with them not ordinary citizens.

Fortunately it does not happen that often but when it does it gets more publicity than it deserves. When there's domestic violence involved, which is mostly the case in many incidents thankfully most husbands do not have guns so don't shoot their wives or vice versa. Mostly police deal with drug addicts and people doing stupid things while intoxicated, robbery, speeding. People generally respect each others property and there are enough public spaces you can go where you don't have to wear a full body suit thinking some random person is going to shoot you. Its mostly people that are known to each other and hate each other that are more likely to be involved in violence. Love is a protective force.

Most people wouldn't go off wandering alone by themselves in the dark especially if they female, thats just common sense.
You have to keep in mind Lanolin, we do not live on the same planet. Here are our statistics:

Murder: Every 32.1 minutes
Rape: Every 3.8 minutes
Robbery: Every 2 minutes
Aggravated assault: Every 38.5 seconds
Burglary: Every 28.3 seconds
Larceny: Every 6.2 seconds
Motor Vehicle Theft: Every 43.6 seconds

Here is the US, crime is totally out of control. You are not safe in a mall, a restaurant, a school, on the highway, or in church.

In the two hours it took me to drive home today, 4 people were murdered, 40 raped, 60 robbed, 360 homes were burglarized, and 240 were severally beat up. I suspect that no one was mistaken for a deer and shot. well, not in Miami.

I do not like this, but this is not something I can change.

Rtm

Hornersville has a population of a little over 600. It really does only have one traffic light and I am unsure it works (have not been there in close to 20 years). There is a gas station, a small food store, and a bar. That's pretty much it.

Rtm

Hornersville has a population of a little over 600. It really does only have one traffic light and I am unsure it works (have not been there in close to 20 years). There is a gas station, a small food store, and a bar. That's pretty much it.

Rtm
Grandin has better 300 no stop light one store in city limits bank post office use have gas station and 2 nd store till my parents closed it down Grandin has 4 churches none of them full

You have to keep in mind Lanolin, we do not live on the same planet. Here are our statistics:

Here is the US, crime is totally out of control. You are not safe in a mall, a restaurant, a school, on the highway, or in church.

In the two hours it took me to drive home today, 4 people were murdered, 40 raped, 60 robbed, 360 homes were burglarized, and 240 were severally beat up. I suspect that no one was mistaken for a deer and shot. well, not in Miami.

Rtm
Well I actually live on the same planet as you do, just not the same land.

The US and has a reputation for being particularly violent and especially Miami. Miami Vice anyone. I don't know how you can live there. But I'm supposing there isn't much choice.

Here crime does occur, but I think its actually gotten a lot better than it used to be. There was a big shake up with the police years ago when a friend of mine went missing and the police did not respond to her emergency call. It was found that they didn't have the resources and were generally incompetent and had a really bad culture of blaming the victim.
It won't bring this girl back but people really did lose a lot of faith in the police. So most of us are circumspect that police would do much but that doesn't mean we bring out the guns.

We're really not the wild west or romanticise that kind of thing and we don't have sheriffs and things like that in nz. We have rescue helicopters and are more into the rescue side of policing than the 'lets bash everyone up' side of it. Although in the past, there were riots and protests where the police would simply bash up people (with batons) who were peacefully protesting.

Last edited:
In event of something like a shooting schools go into lockdown (this happened in the suburb north of me) and the children are locked inside the school and classrooms, because if children had gone out in the playground or in the street they could be a target. We are also taught to hide out of sight from windows.
Visitors from outside of school all need to sign in at reception.

You cant do anything about students themselves carrying weapons though unless you do a checkpoint for everyone when they enter the campus. It hasn't come to that, thank God.

Someone can go crazy and chuck a knife or stab someone with whatever weapon they can get their hands on or throw rocks or use their fists. The thing is one needs to actively cultivate a climate of peace rather than of violence and also when people get stressed that they have an outlet rather than take it out on someone else. How you do this well thats the big question, everyone can play a part in doing this.

If people just get taught to rebel and fight then that solves nothing.

In event of something like a shooting schools go into lockdown (this happened in the suburb north of me) and the children are locked inside the school and classrooms, because if children had gone out in the playground or in the street they could be a target. We are also taught to hide out of sight from windows.

You cant do anything about students themselves carrying weapons though unless you do a checkpoint for everyone when they enter the campus. It hasn't come to that, thank God.

Someone can go crazy and chuck a knife or stab someone with whatever weapon they can get their hands on or throw rocks or use their fists. The thing is one needs to actively cultivate a climate of peace rather than of violence and also when people get stressed that they have an outlet rather than take it out on someone else. How you do this well thats the big question, everyone can play a part in doing this.

Last month, our school board approved adding "conflict resolution" to the curriculum, in n effort to find an alternative to the "fight or flight" thing.

The last couple of years have been difficult. The last part of the 2019 - 2020 school year was a flop, as we were in lockdown for most of it and no one was actually prepared for the on-line experience. The 2020 - 2021 school year started in failure, as our network just could not handle so many students and teachers at the same time and the mask/social distance thing did not go well. For this year (2021 - 2022), it was hoped that life would return to "normal;" however, the is not looking like that is going to be the case. We have a massive spike in Covid cases (especially the Delta variant) and the usual mixed messages between our medical community and our government "leadership."

I see that yesterday, you all reported 3 new cases. We reported close to 100,000. I just don't understand how it is possible that we have twice as many cases as India, yet they have a billion more people. I also do not understand how my county (Miami) is averaging more than 2,000 new cases a day, yet 78% of the population has received at least one vaccine shot.

Ah . . . the insanity of it all

rtm

Rtm

Now I agree that you can not change those stats. However.....you can make sure that you and your family are not in those stats by owning and knowing how to protect yourself with a weapon.

Last month, our school board approved adding "conflict resolution" to the curriculum, in n effort to find an alternative to the "fight or flight" thing.

The last couple of years have been difficult. The last part of the 2019 - 2020 school year was a flop, as we were in lockdown for most of it and no one was actually prepared for the on-line experience. The 2020 - 2021 school year started in failure, as our network just could not handle so many students and teachers at the same time and the mask/social distance thing did not go well. For this year (2021 - 2022), it was hoped that life would return to "normal;" however, the is not looking like that is going to be the case. We have a massive spike in Covid cases (especially the Delta variant) and the usual mixed messages between our medical community and our government "leadership."

I see that yesterday, you all reported 3 new cases. We reported close to 100,000. I just don't understand how it is possible that we have twice as many cases as India, yet they have a billion more people. I also do not understand how my county (Miami) is averaging more than 2,000 new cases a day, yet 78% of the population has received at least one vaccine shot.

Ah . . . the insanity of it all

rtm

The new cases are from that 22% that did not take the vaccine.

CDC stats confirm that 99.5 % of all new reported cased of Covid 19 are from those who refused to take the vaccine.

I do not agree.

That is "pacifism" to the extreme. ANYONE....ANYONE who is wanting to kill others with a gun or knife or stick or what ever...is mentallly deranged.

You can not "talk" that kind of person into a peaceful resolution.

I agree with you idea of a climate of peace....everyone agree with that but that is a pipe dream of nonreality. It has never happened and will never happen as history has proven. There has always been and always will be those people that for one reason or another have crossed the barrier of mental awareness and will do what ever it is their mind tells them to do.

We, YOU and me must have the ability to make sure that their insanity does not come through our front door. We should always talk anyone out of what it is they want to do but when conversation fails........the best thing to have on your hand is a big stick instead of another sweet word.

Well I actually live on the same planet as you do, just not the same land.

The US and has a reputation for being particularly violent and especially Miami. Miami Vice anyone. I don't know how you can live there. But I'm supposing there isn't much choice.

Here crime does occur, but I think its actually gotten a lot better than it used to be. There was a big shake up with the police years ago when a friend of mine went missing and the police did not respond to her emergency call. It was found that they didn't have the resources and were generally incompetent and had a really bad culture of blaming the victim.
It won't bring this girl back but people really did lose a lot of faith in the police. So most of us are circumspect that police would do much but that doesn't mean we bring out the guns.

We're really not the wild west or romanticise that kind of thing and we don't have sheriffs and things like that in nz. We have rescue helicopters and are more into the rescue side of policing than the 'lets bash everyone up' side of it. Although in the past, there were riots and protests where the police would simply bash up people (with batons) who were peacefully protesting.

Peacefully protesting has nothing to do with setting fires, breaking windows and stealing merchandise from stores....now does it?

Police here in the USA do not go looking for trouble but they show up when someone calls them to protect their lives and property from those idiots who would rather steal rob and rape then work.

God Bless our police people in the USA!

are politically controlled .they flip flop worse than the stock market

That is I believe your opinion my brother.

FACTS are different that opinions.

CDC............as of 7/29/21....................99.5 % of all new cases are from Non-Vaccinated people.
CBS news as of 7/30/21...................."99.7 % of all new cases of Covid are from NON-Vaccinated people".
Advant Hospital in Orlando.............99.6% of all cases now in hospital with Covid are Non-Vaccinated people.

I believe that if you will do the work and investigate the facts you will see that almost ALL people now sick did not take the vaccine and are paying the price for their choices.

The new cases are from that 22% that did not take the vaccine.

CDC stats confirm that 99.5 % of all new reported cased of Covid 19 are from those who refused to take the vaccine.
It's like a bad reality show down here in Miami. Last week there was a 2-day music event that saw around 250,000 people show up. This weekend is another 2-day event in downtown Miami that is expecting "thousands" of people. At the same time, baseball is back to 100% capacity and the Marlins are hosting the Yankees over the weekend with expected crowds of @ 30,000 a day (no mask required).

There really are no solid figures on how may of these positive are "breakthrough" cases of people already vaccinated. My understanding is that the number is very very low; so maybe this uptick in just getting vaccinated the old fashion way?"

It's like a bad reality show down here in Miami. Last week there was a 2-day music event that saw around 250,000 people show up. This weekend is another 2-day event in downtown Miami that is expecting "thousands" of people. At the same time, baseball is back to 100% capacity and the Marlins are hosting the Yankees over the weekend with expected crowds of @ 30,000 a day (no mask required).

There really are no solid figures on how may of these positive are "breakthrough" cases of people already vaccinated. My understanding is that the number is very very low; so maybe this uptick in just getting vaccinated the old fashion way?"

I do volunteer work here at the Advant Hospital as a Chaplin in Daytona Beach. In the past week I have visited and prayed with about 40 people who have the covid 19 Virus. Last Saturday there were 100 people in the emergency room.

When I asked those people and their families if they had taken the vaccine........ALL of them said NO! 100% did not take the vaccine!!!!!

Of course I wanted to know why????

Answers were.........
1. I do not want the government tracking me down.
2. It is the "Mark of the Beast".
3. I believe that it is the governments way of sterilizing the population.

THAT is the kind of mind set that surrounds all of us today in this world!

Now these are the very same people who have already been given the POLIO vaccine, the MEASELS vaccine, and the SMALL POX vaccine.

CDC............as of 7/29/21....................99.5 % of all new cases are from Non-Vaccinated people.
CBS news as of 7/30/21...................."99.7 % of all new cases of Covid are from NON-Vaccinated people".
Advant Hospital in Orlando.............99.6% of all cases now in hospital with Covid are Non-Vaccinated people.

I believe that if you will do the work and investigate the facts you will see that almost ALL people now sick did not take the vaccine and are paying the price for their choices.
Yes, I agree that the numbers are the numbers; however, policies do tend to get some political influence.

I understand the initial reluctance to the vaccine, but it's been a while since I got them and still no third eye. Yes, we do not know the long term effects, but we do not know the long term effects of many things.

We here in Miami are again faced with political silliness. Our governor has again flexed his political muscle and is threatening to hold back funding to any local school district that decides to start the year with mask mandates. I do not believe he has the authority to do this, as state/federal money is tied to attendance not marks. Miami-Dade has a democrat major and masks are again a requirement for county employees and buildings. We (school district) have not made the call on masks at schools, as our superintendent relies on a medical task force that has not yet met to discuss the issue. At present, the policy is that masks will be optional, but that decision was made several months ago and we are no longer in the same situation.

Once I got fully vaccinated, I did become one of those that stopped wearing masks in certain situations. I have, since then, changed my position and am again wearing my mask more often.

Our church is going through the same drama. While we sill practice a modified version of social distancing, masks have been optional for fully vaccinated people for a while. My only problem with the "honor" system is that we tend to not have much honor. One of out own people stopped wearing his mask and we all assumed he was vaccinated. Turns our, he ended up with Covid, spend 10 days in ICU, and now has to take meds for blood clot. Thankfully, he is young and string and will recover. On Thursday, the church decided that all employees must wear a mask at church and have asked that volunteers do the same. It has not; however, decided to make mask mandatory for the congregation.

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens next, but it does not look very pretty:

1627741705432.png

of course its my opinion .i thought i was entitled to it. i am well aware of every thing btw i took both vaccines BEcause it was my choice not the cdc or any other Government office. many are dieing died because of the politics behind it. in our 30 miles radius community a 50 year old woman passed from covid. did she have the vaccine did she wear a mask ? i have no idea ,people are sick who took the vaccine. one thing for sure with the requirements to get it or else.. plays right into the end times

of course its my opinion .i thought i was entitled to it. i am well aware of every thing btw i took both vaccines BEcause it was my choice not the cdc or any other Government office. many are dieing died because of the politics behind it. in our 30 miles radius community a 50 year old woman passed from covid. did she have the vaccine did she wear a mask ? i have no idea ,people are sick who took the vaccine. one thing for sure with the requirements to get it or else.. plays right into the end times

Please explain with the Scriptures how taking a vaccine to save your life plays into the end times??????

Back