Finally, I would just encourage each of us to be true to being the person the Lord has made of us. If we do not commonly speak in terms of slang expressions, we should not try to impress someone else with our inclusiveness by parodying their usage.

Ok, I have been feeling the conviction of The Lord.

When I posted this last, I felt ambivalent. Deep down I was being condescending towards those with a different manner of speech. If you were to ask me then, I would have denied it, but there it is. I posted this and went away for a couple of days maintaining the house where my wife grew up. I should have searched my thoughts for the deeper problem causing the ambivalence, which was within me.

I was uneasy, and during my trip, kept meditating: “I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.”

Paul writes in 1 Cor 9:19-22:

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more.  To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.​

Paul, far from grasping onto being the person the Lord has made, declared that the Lord has made him (and us) to serve each other, and be whatever the Lord needs of us in any situation.

So drawing a line and saying “beyond here I will not go” is not a statement of steadfastness, nor of schooling my manner of speech to be pleasing to the Lord, but of stubbornness.

I here-by withdraw that statement.

Ok, I have been feeling the conviction of The Lord.

When I posted this last, I felt ambivalent. Deep down I was being condescending towards those with a different manner of speech. If you were to ask me then, I would have denied it, but there it is. I posted this and went away for a couple of days maintaining the house where my wife grew up. I should have searched my thoughts for the deeper problem causing the ambivalence, which was within me.

I was uneasy, and during my trip, kept meditating: “I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.”

Paul writes in 1 Cor 9:19-22:

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more.  To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.​

Paul, far from grasping onto being the person the Lord has made, declared that the Lord has made him (and us) to serve each other, and be whatever the Lord needs of us in any situation.

So drawing a line and saying “beyond here I will not go” is not a statement of steadfastness, nor of schooling my manner of speech to be pleasing to the Lord, but of stubbornness.

I here-by withdraw that statement.

Hello Siloam;

God bless you, Siloam. I do that all the time so you're not alone, or, I'm not alone. I appreciate and thank you for your fellowship.

Back