Are You Venting About Your Faith?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

One of the responsibilities of the moderator staff is monitoring all the threads and posts. It's also a blessing because everything I read I'm also learning something new each day I log on.

One thing I try not to do is judge others for their beliefs, opinions and grievances regarding their faith. I choose to receive your beliefs, opinions and grievances rather than judge and divide, not perfectly, but within my all in all as a work in progress. Thank you, Jesus.

Unless it's blatantly in error, I better know my Scriptures so I can address the author or poster in the discussion. I praise God for my hard knock experience in my life and the ministry but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to know the ongoings in your personal life or Christian community.

But I can pose the questions which is the reason for my thread.

Are you angry with the overall Christian faith in these times?

Are you discouraged with attending church? What does it mean for you and your family to attend?

Despite what Christ says about gathering for worship (Acts 1:13,) why do you feel you don't need to attend church?

Do you choose to be a lone Christian, if so, who do you lean on, and what does God say about the context of "iron sharpening iron" (Proverbs 27:17)

Does Jesus already know all this in these times, therefore, what does the Scriptures say to you?

Do you expect the body to be in full accord with your personal understanding and application of the doctrines?

Why do you get angry or disappointed if a brother or sister posts their view contrary to yours?

Is it because the world wide public sees your post between you and another?

After venting your grievance in your faith, what are you doing about it, logging off and forgetting about it, or allowing the discussion to linger with you? What does the Scripture say in your position?

I encourage you to prayerfully read these constructive questions and exercise your freedom of thought and answers, agreement and disagreements. Just the same I'll be active in this discussion.

May the Lord Almighty reveal His glory for wisdom in fellowship, learning and growing.

God bless you all and your families.

One of the responsibilities of the moderator staff is monitoring all the threads and posts. It's also a blessing because everything I read I'm also learning something new each day I log on.

One thing I try not to do is judge others for their beliefs, opinions and grievances regarding their faith. I choose to receive your beliefs, opinions and grievances rather than judge and divide, not perfectly, but within my all in all as a work in progress. Thank you, Jesus.

Unless it's blatantly in error, I better know my Scriptures so I can address the author or poster in the discussion. I praise God for my hard knock experience in my life and the ministry but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to know the ongoings in your personal life or Christian community.

Wow! What questions. I will do my best to answer each one.. but these questions, answers, and appropriate scriptures could make a book! Or at least a study group booklet :)

No. Not angry. But sometimes a bit overwhelmed, (saddened, frustrated, hurt, etc.), with the overall state of the spiritual battle during these times. Many, many, wolves dressed as sheep.. and too many of the lost have been, and are being hurt by those wolves, the hypocrisy that exists, and even by "well-meaning" Christians, or by those who have grown weary. Often times the problems come from "within" the church, and not just from the "world".
We all fail at times. We all can be stubborn at times. There are times when we are the stumbling block. (We/us/me..)

Are you discouraged with attending church? What does it mean for you and your family to attend?

Yes. It gets harder and harder to find churches/pastors/teachers that teach/preach the truth as God would lead them.. (or so it seems)
Many teach/preach from a schedule, or curriculum... or simply pull an old sermon from their folder, or preach the topic of the current secular holiday... while neglecting to ask God what this assembly of believers, this person, or this study group needs to hear.
(I prefer to hear and study God's word.. from the Bible... not to read some made-up story with aweful questions to answer.. many written so as to push some agenda.)

Despite what Christ says about gathering for worship (Acts 1:13,) why do you feel you don't need to attend church?

(I do attend)
I have felt both ways... with reason. I am one of those people who have had some negative experiences with church... which caused me to stay away for years.

however there are two sides to that attendance coin. (Fight or flight)
A church ,(or person), can...
1. It can seriously hinder your spiritual growth. It can completely keep you from ever walking into a church again.. this happens alot! Thus, many of those who are lost, stay lost.. and those who may be weak, feel betrayed, hurt, and discarded, by God's people, even those of strong faith can be very deeply hindered/discouraged.
2. Or It can cause you to buckle down, pray, and read God's word to try to discern what God would guide you to do... to grow.. better yourself..face the challenge... to be the example. This promotes growth for you, and hopefully encouragement for others, and maybe even positive change within the church.
Once you overcome that stumbling block, and dig even deeper.. you will find yourself wanting to fellowship, wanting to help others grow, wanting to promote discipleship.. wanting that church to be pleasing to God. You will want it to be that light in your community that helps and welcome others in a loving and Christ-like way.

Do you choose to be a lone Christian, if so, who do you lean on, and what does God say about the context of "iron sharpening iron" (Proverbs 27:17)

I don't really think there really is such a thing, (as a lone Christian.. that's an oxymoron).. simply by definition, a Christian is never alone :)
Short answer.. yes. We need the fellowship for many reasons.

But I also tend look at this as not necessarily being "all or nothing".. but sometimes more like "seasons". At least for myself.. sometimes I need to take a step back and "be still".. it's a personal thing with me.. it helps me to draw closer in sort of a "wilderness" kind of way.. and then the season changes, I am recharged, and ready for some more sharpening.

Does Jesus already know all this in these times, therefore, what does the Scriptures say to you?

Jesus knows, and tells us all about how these days will be, and now are.
We are told to perservere, finish the race, not grow weary... find our strength, shelter, comfort, and peace in the Lord... be always on watch... and with full armor.
He knows our hearts, our sincerity, our weaknesses...

Do you expect the body to be in full accord with your personal understanding and application of the doctrines?

There are many parts to a body... each with a different purpose, gift, "talent", etc... each to be used as He sees fit for His purpose.
So no... you would think that "ideally", all would agree completely upon everything.
But scripture tells us of those things that we use discernment on to determine of what spirit they are given from.
Everyone is still growing, learning, changing... my understanding of many things is not yet perfected... how can I expect even the most learned, Godly person to be perfect?

Why do you get angry or disappointed if a brother or sister posts their view contrary to yours?

I don't "need" anyone to agree with me..lol I will study, pray, and consider what was said... I may learn something!
Or I may respond with scriptures, and the reason behind my belief.. and someone else may learn something.

I get upset if someone is very badly misleading those who may not know better... the scriptures warn us of false teachers... they can cause much harm in many ways. I believe we are to protect our brothers and sisters, and those who are lost or weak from such things.

Many people see these posts... they do searches on whatever thing they are looking for.. it could be something completely unrelated to my post, (or whoever).. but what they do see and read could be the very single post that either helps lead them to turn to Christ... or else turns them away from Him.. quite possibly the very last opportunity they might have. That is a huge responsibility...
Do s study in scripture about words... they matter.

After venting your grievance in your faith, what are you doing about it, logging off and forgetting about it, or allowing the discussion to linger with you? What does the Scripture say in your position?

If something catches my attention.. even if I am not part of the discussion.. I'll often read up on it, or even begin a study about it..lol I tend to dwell on things for a while.
I still remember quite a few particular discussions from several years ago... I want to know what the truth is. So I'm kind of like a pitt bull.
1 John 4:1. Matthew 7:5. Psalm 139: 23-24. 2 Timmothy 3:16-17

I encourage you to prayerfully read these constructive questions and exercise your freedom of thought and answers, agreement and disagreements. Just the same I'll be active in this discussion.

May the Lord Almighty reveal His glory for wisdom in fellowship, learning and growing.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
[Jde 1:17-25 KJV]

Hi Brother Bob,
Great and searching questions.
I am involved in a deep study right now but I'm going to study you questions and give my answers honestly and I pray scripturally.

I realize no matter how hard we resist the teachings of man, the traditions and rituals, that we were taught from, to some extent they remain. I definitively want mine to mirror the word.

I try NOT to say "YOURE WRONG", I hate the harshness. I also try NOT to say who is of the faith. God is supreme,,can see, hear, and knows all soooo.............who am I !

BUT I can say I've hit the calm to hot button in record time especially if one twists or misuses scripture.

Thank you I'll be back after carefully having the Spirit search me and my motives.

Blessings all. Peace.

Wow! What questions. I will do my best to answer each one.. but these questions, answers, and appropriate scriptures could make a book! Or at least a study group booklet :)

No. Not angry. But sometimes a bit overwhelmed, (saddened, frustrated, hurt, etc.), with the overall state of the spiritual battle during these times. Many, many, wolves dressed as sheep.. and too many of the lost have been, and are being hurt by those wolves, the hypocrisy that exists, and even by "well-meaning" Christians, or by those who have grown weary. Often times the problems come from "within" the church, and not just from the "world".
We all fail at times. We all can be stubborn at times. There are times when we are the stumbling block. (We/us/me..)

Yes. It gets harder and harder to find churches/pastors/teachers that teach/preach the truth as God would lead them.. (or so it seems)
Many teach/preach from a schedule, or curriculum... or simply pull an old sermon from their folder, or preach the topic of the current secular holiday... while neglecting to ask God what this assembly of believers, this person, or this study group needs to hear.
(I prefer to hear and study God's word.. from the Bible... not to read some made-up story with aweful questions to answer.. many written so as to push some agenda.)

(I do attend)
I have felt both ways... with reason. I am one of those people who have had some negative experiences with church... which caused me to stay away for years.

however there are two sides to that attendance coin. (Fight or flight)
A church ,(or person), can...
1. It can seriously hinder your spiritual growth. It can completely keep you from ever walking into a church again.. this happens alot! Thus, many of those who are lost, stay lost.. and those who may be weak, feel betrayed, hurt, and discarded, by God's people, even those of strong faith can be very deeply hindered/discouraged.
2. Or It can cause you to buckle down, pray, and read God's word to try to discern what God would guide you to do... to grow.. better yourself..face the challenge... to be the example. This promotes growth for you, and hopefully encouragement for others, and maybe even positive change within the church.
Once you overcome that stumbling block, and dig even deeper.. you will find yourself wanting to fellowship, wanting to help others grow, wanting to promote discipleship.. wanting that church to be pleasing to God. You will want it to be that light in your community that helps and welcome others in a loving and Christ-like way.

I don't really think there really is such a thing, (as a lone Christian.. that's an oxymoron).. simply by definition, a Christian is never alone :)
Short answer.. yes. We need the fellowship for many reasons.

But I also tend look at this as not necessarily being "all or nothing".. but sometimes more like "seasons". At least for myself.. sometimes I need to take a step back and "be still".. it's a personal thing with me.. it helps me to draw closer in sort of a "wilderness" kind of way.. and then the season changes, I am recharged, and ready for some more sharpening.

Jesus knows, and tells us all about how these days will be, and now are.
We are told to perservere, finish the race, not grow weary... find our strength, shelter, comfort, and peace in the Lord... be always on watch... and with full armor.
He knows our hearts, our sincerity, our weaknesses...

There are many parts to a body... each with a different purpose, gift, "talent", etc... each to be used as He sees fit for His purpose.
So no... you would think that "ideally", all would agree completely upon everything.
But scripture tells us of those things that we use discernment on to determine of what spirit they are given from.
Everyone is still growing, learning, changing... my understanding of many things is not yet perfected... how can I expect even the most learned, Godly person to be perfect?

I don't "need" anyone to agree with me..lol I will study, pray, and consider what was said... I may learn something!
Or I may respond with scriptures, and the reason behind my belief.. and someone else may learn something.

I get upset if someone is very badly misleading those who may not know better... the scriptures warn us of false teachers... they can cause much harm in many ways. I believe we are to protect our brothers and sisters, and those who are lost or weak from such things.

Many people see these posts... they do searches on whatever thing they are looking for.. it could be something completely unrelated to my post, (or whoever).. but what they do see and read could be the very single post that either helps lead them to turn to Christ... or else turns them away from Him.. quite possibly the very last opportunity they might have. That is a huge responsibility...
Do s study in scripture about words... they matter.

If something catches my attention.. even if I am not part of the discussion.. I'll often read up on it, or even begin a study about it..lol I tend to dwell on things for a while.
I still remember quite a few particular discussions from several years ago... I want to know what the truth is. So I'm kind of like a pitt bull.
1 John 4:1. Matthew 7:5. Psalm 139: 23-24. 2 Timmothy 3:16-17

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
[Jde 1:17-25 KJV]

Hello Atomic;

I appreciate you sharing your experience and including Scripture for each thought.

After reading your post it gave me something to think about, what may be happening in one's Christian community will be different in another and how they react to the happenings.

God bless you, sister.

Hi Brother Bob,
Great and searching questions. I am involved in a deep study right now but I'm going to study you questions and give my answers honestly and I pray scripturally. I realize no matter how hard we resist the teachings of man, the traditions and rituals, that we were taught from, to some extent they remain. I definitively want mine to mirror the word. I try NOT to say "YOURE WRONG", I hate the harshness. I also try NOT to say who is of the faith. God is supreme,,can see, hear, and knows all soooo.............who am I ! BUT I can say I've hit the calm to hot button in record time especially if one twists or misuses scripture. Thank you I'll be back after carefully having the Spirit search me and my motives.
Blessings all. Peace.
Hello D3v;

I hear you and thank you. I used to have a pastor who always challenged his church family, "don't take my word for it. Please refer to the Scriptures and should you agree or disagree, we can both (not him or you) be corrected and learn from it."

This included the constructive view of our faith and what are we doing about it.

I look forward to your post.

God bless you, sister.

That's a lot of questions Bob!

I don't think I am venting about my faith. Or even really know what venting is.

Somethings are what they are in some circumstances and you can't really change them or do anything about it because one person has already made up their mind, and it might not even be anyone IN the church, but it might even be an outside person, who is influencing church leaders that you maybe don't even know.

For example, churches often have to deal with non believers that use the church as well. I think this may be what happens with a lot of churches. I don't know if they get audited or what. I'm really not privy to a lot of that information. And a lot of it involves finances.

but thats not really anything to do with faith. God will provide us with what we need, not necessarily with what we want. And it's often not in the confines of a fixed church building for many people. Often church happens outside of that where groups of two or three gather in Jesus name. It's often easier for people to handle this and grow in faith when there's maybe just one or two believers walking alongside, than say dozens, hundreds or even thousands watching and saying ten different things and espousing dozens of different doctrines and denominations.

In a cosmopolitan city where I live there are many different churches often a lot of choice thats overwhelming, and not everyone is going to know each other. Also people don't always stay in once place all the time. Its not like there is just one church in town and that's it.

Brother Bob,
Perusing your questions; thinking of MY answers carefully and also searching the scriptures, I'm afraid knowing myself, I may get a little long winded.................lol

I will answer the first question then you may let me know if you want me to continue. I love God's word and IT IS full of instruction..

1. Are you angry with the overall FAITH in these times ?

That's a lot of questions Bob! I don't think I am venting about my faith. Or even really know what venting is. Somethings are what they are in some circumstances and you can't really change them or do anything about it because one person has already made up their mind, and it might not even be anyone IN the church, but it might even be an outside person, who is influencing church leaders that you maybe don't even know. For example, churches often have to deal with non believers that use the church as well. I think this may be what happens with a lot of churches. I don't know if they get audited or what. I'm really not privy to a lot of that information. And a lot of it involves finances. but thats not really anything to do with faith. God will provide us with what we need, not necessarily with what we want. And it's often not in the confines of a fixed church building for many people. Often church happens outside of that where groups of two or three gather in Jesus name. It's often easier for people to handle this and grow in faith when there's maybe just one or two believers walking alongside, than say dozens, hundreds or even thousands watching and saying ten different things and espousing dozens of different doctrines and denominations. In a cosmopolitan city where I live there are many different churches often a lot of choice thats overwhelming, and not everyone is going to know each other. Also people don't always stay in once place all the time. Its not like there is just one church in town and that's it.

Hello Lanolin;

Yes, that is a lot of questions.

As always, I'm blessed to get your input.
Venting is giving a heartfelt expression of what you feel whether emotionally or spiritually.

There are churches that bemoan their lack of offerings for "what they want" instead of what they faithfully believe God is already doing. When our church was newly planted there were so many things I wanted to do as a new pastor. The Board had this motto, "we're not there yet" and would turn down my request for funding. It took me time to learn that God would provide what we needed. They were right.

During Bible study one Thursday evening we started with a very small turnout. I won't forget that evening when we received a sizeable love offering from out of state, with a commitment to send a check once a month for a year.
We didn't expect this but God did. This was used to purchase study books, curriculum supplies and help fund our sound equipment.

God bless
you, Lanolin, and thank you for your input.

Brother Bob,
Perusing your questions; thinking of MY answers carefully and also searching the scriptures, I'm afraid knowing myself, I may get a little long winded.................lol

I will answer the first question then you may let me know if you want me to continue. I love God's word and IT IS full of instruction..

1. Are you angry with the overall FAITH in these times ?

Hello D3v;

Like Lanolin said, that's a lot of questions! I was going to post 100 questions but decided to omit 99 and pose 9 only.

Please post as the Lord leads you, sister, whether one question or a novel. lol!

In general, this thread is not to approve or grade anyone's post. It's to be a fellowship discussion and the aim is to allow others to hear (read) so we can get perspective and learn from one another in our personal growth in Christ.

Let's also keep in mind to keep this an enjoyable fellowship.

Thank you, D3v.

1. Are angry with the overall FAITH in these times ?
Not angry, mostly disappointed that ppl are trying to change God and what he says to promote their own agenda.
ALL of His words in the OT were to be obeyed to the fullest or they knew disobedience would bring God's wrath.
Yet they disobeyed anyway. It is the same today. For when Christ came he fulfilled the law and brought us salvation through grace by FAITH .

BY walking as Christ we are stating to the world that God's only begotten Son came to bring us to the Father.

Jn.16:11-14 Jesus told his disciples that he had many things to tell them but they would not be able to bear them. V13. Howbeit when HE THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, IS
COME,HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH.
This exemplifies why we must see the working of the Spirit as HIS work today.
Jesus said the Spirit would glorify Christ and reveal the truths of the word. Therefore we must be LED BY THE SPIRIT,HE WILL STRENGTHEN OUR FAITH.

Rms. 1:17 ( context 15-18 )
For therein is the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD REVEALED FROM FAITH TO FAITH, as it is written, The just shall live by FAITH.

1 Tim. 1:19 ( context 17-20 )
Holding FAITH, and a GOOD CONSCIENCE;
which some having PUT AWAY concerning FAITH have made shipwreck:

This is where this scripture comes in instead of saying of those falling away are.
1 Jn.2 :19-22
They went out from us ,but they were not of us; for if they had been of us,they would no doubt have continued with us:.....................
This to me is talking about ppl who get a little dose of Faith and then do not become MATURE in that faith but run off to form their own groups on what they think comes next. This manifest that they all were not genuine but had their own motives for being in the group of true believers for a time. Today we still see this today outside and inside " churches"
NOT ALL ARE OF THE FAITH OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST !

I will stop here for this is ONLY how I believe the Spirit has revealed to me.

Last edited:
1. Are you angry with the overall FAITH in these times? Not angry, mostly disappointed that ppl are trying to change God and what he says to promote their own agenda. ALL of His words in the OT were to be obeyed to the fullest or they knew disobedience would bring God's wrath. Yet they disobeyed anyway. It is the same today. For when Christ came he fulfilled the law and brought us salvation through grace by FAITH. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us,they would no doubt have continued with us:.....................This to me is talking about ppl who get a little dose of Faith and then do not become MATURE in that faith but run off to form their own groups on what they think comes next. This manifest that they all were not genuine but had their own motives for being in the group of true believers for a time. Today we still see this today outside and inside " churches" NOT ALL ARE OF THE FAITH OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!
I will stop here for this is ONLY how I believe the Spirit has revealed to me.

Hello D3v;

To respond to your last statement, I will stop here for this is ONLY how I believe the Spirit has revealed to me;

One of my former professors gave a moving message at a conference of 2000 attendees. Suddenly, he stopped and ended his message. He was asked later by the facilitator, how come you suddenly stopped speaking, he responded, because that is all God instructed me to say.

I have to be honest, Christians get disappointed but also get angry lest escalating to sin (cursing the other.) We care so much for Christians to "get it" and many do "get it" and stay on that narrow path.

Though we sprinkle Scriptures and salt to all, many still find it easier to "cruise" through the wide gate and broad road.

One of the biggest challenges that remains with me, amongst others is this, when we are disappointed,
how do we respond?

God bless you, sister, and thank you.

If I'm disappointed in a situation, I pray for that situation, for I believe the Lord knows everyone intimately. The word says he knows our uprisings and downsittings.

God is NOT disadvantaged as we are for he reads hearts and is not constrained to time nor place. I feel he knows all even the secret things.

I feel that continuing to expound those involved with scriptures doesn't change the circumstances nor beliefs. It mostly exacerbates the resolve of ppl NOT TO BACK DOWN NOR GIVE IN.

I really don't like arguments, so after 3 tries if I see I'm making it worse, I will bow out and just pray. Its then in Gods hands.

Sometimes Jesus is able to break that stony heart with his hammer of love.

Bless your home also in love and peace.

hi Bob, long time no hear. Good to see your posts they are uplifting and they challenge my sometimes dead senses.

Im not angry, just disappointed, Because my church it’s very boring! I like American churches they seem more alive and vibrant.

I go to Sunday evening church I joined in a small village and full of cute old people doing cute old ages things, well guess what???

I see cute old people all day long at work arghhhh!!!
Where are all the middle aged single peopl?

yes I am discouraged, but I still attend when I am off work. One never knows if Brad pitt
might just pop in looking for directions 😁

see above.
I do attend and have Christian’s friends on here and they are a valuable source of edifying and encouragement.

He is always with me and guiding me so I don’t feel alone.
no. I don’t understand all the doctrines myself so I certainly don’t suppose others share my sometimes changing views. In fact, I enjoy others views.
well sometimes I might be wondering why someone said something that upsets me and I wonder why, maybe they ignored me or said something I don’t like. Because I have expectations of myself ( and pride) and others and when they don’t live up to them I get upset.
no it’s generally the other way around lol
They may ignore me and I think other people will think I am stupid or something.

Well ok, I am
going to ask my church if they all want to go for a afternoon pub crawl and see if we can amass some middle aged single men 😁

God bless you too!

Last edited:
Is this a trick question?🙂
Not angry with the faith, how could I be? Sometimes I’m disappointed with how it is practiced by some, with some of the compromises made and also with the estrangement resulting from politicalization of doctrine.
To be open, yes, somewhat.
We will attend, don’t have a probation against church in general.
It has been a few years TBH, however we regularly have small gatherings in our home of likeminded people.
Never alone in Christ physically or spiritually. My spouse is a spiritual warrior, a soldier in the army of the Lord so we “talk” G-d every day.
With no irony intended, yes of course. I think the scriptures have a lot to say about “these times”.
No, I don’t care if people agree in full, that would be spooky if they did!
See above.
The only time I get angry about a post is when I see someone using scripture to bully or manipulate someone, that bothers me.
TBH, I had not even considered that anyone was watching.
Thank you for your efforts and the time you put in here. You are really something Bob. 🙂

Are you angry with the overall Christian faith in these times? No, I think 'these times' are maybe just harder on extroverts to handle because they are used to looking outwards, while for introverts might find it welcome relief, however nobody should really be look outward or inward but more upward.

Are you discouraged with attending church?
not particularly but then I don't get many invitations to do so anymore. I know I could just turn up by myself and now it would be fine, but I haven't really been telling anyone to go or been invited too much or been exhorted to come every week. I haven't been told NO don't come. Some just haven't been meeting for good reason but that does not mean they won't meet up later.
What does it mean for you and your family to attend? you mean my church family because my family doesn't really go. I don't think my family has ever gone except when theres a special event or a meal and there's free food..( not just communion).

gathering for worship IS important but many churches gather indoors and with all the restrictions sometimes thats not even really necessary I actually would be fine just attending gatherings outside. It's just that people don't organise them all the time. And I don't really need to sit down in a pew to worship. Standing outside or sitting on the ground is fine.

Being single is something God chooses for me rather than I choosing it especially I think its a blessing. because there's no distraction, and I can be 'ironed' I guess it is by lots of other believers not just one. Forums are a good place for this because its written.

In all the scriptures God has given me in 'these times' I think you are meaning the pandemic (yes it is real, and affecting everyone, unlike those who insisted it was just fake) He's always given me Proverbs 26:2
So I think he's been with me all that time and under His protection, even when I had it.

not sure what you mean by this.

Or this. I don't think I get angry or disappointed, I don't always expect opposition but I feel like when people post their view contrary to mine they get angry and maybe disappointed in ME cos I don't always share their views and maybe they were expecting my views to be exactly the same as theirs? Even though we are not clones of each other, have different backgrounds, maybe we are of the opposite sex, are at different stages of life so I would sort of expect a different view anyway. It does puzzle me why people would get angry or disappointed when I don't agree with every single thing anyone says.

? not sure. Maybe this question isn't meant for me. I think if someone is mistaken about what I posted, I do need to correct them cos I don't like people misrepresenting me or changing my words or making me out to say something I did not or post on my behalf. I didn't like it when mods would change or delete my posts without even telling me. I think changing it is worse because then its taking things out of context and would be like someone using me as a puppet and manipulating what I say to mean something else. I don't give permission for people to do that. I make sure that I don't use rude language and respect the rules of this forum and don't post about the things we are not supposed to post about that cause silly arguments for example.

If I do have a grievance, I try to get closure or pray about it first, but I can't recall if I have ever had a grievance on about my faith or much vents recently. Scripture often warns do NOT grieve the Holy Spirit. Because the holy spirit will leave. Maybe I'll stop posting for a while and cool off, but I haven't really come across that here. I think when I first posted here I didn't really know how to handle it when people started arguing about things with me and making out like I was some kind of political person who took sides in everything. I don't even have a side! I don't even live in the US where people claim they are left or right. I think people can change their minds and their views as time goes on they aren't always fixed. It's also polite to let people have their say because everyone has a voice, but to respect that they need to voice their opinions and express how they feel about matters.

Being singleminded means focused on what God says, not what politics say. I think many people get that mixed up. I don't worship the govt but I do respect that its necessary or there's anarchy. If anything I am apolitical and try not to be hooked into church politics. its hard for people to get along in groups in general as people seem to get maligned if they are 'different' But God says we need all different members in the body to work together. Unfortunately when people get hurt, the entire body gets hurt.

hi Bob, long time no hear. Good to see your posts they are uplifting and they challenge my sometimes dead senses.

Im not angry, just disappointed, Because my church it’s very boring! I like American churches they seem more alive and vibrant.

I go to Sunday evening church I joined in a small village and full of cute old people doing cute old ages things, well guess what???

I see cute old people all day long at work arghhhh!!!
Where are all the middle aged single peopl?

yes I am discouraged, but I still attend when I am off work. One never knows if Brad pitt
might just pop in looking for directions 😁

see above.

I do attend and have Christian’s friends on here and they are a valuable source of edifying and encouragement.

He is always with me and guiding me so I don’t feel alone.

no. I don’t understand all the doctrines myself so I certainly don’t suppose others share my sometimes changing views. In fact, I enjoy others views.

well sometimes I might be wondering why someone said something that upsets me and I wonder why, maybe they ignored me or said something I don’t like. Because I have expectations of myself ( and pride) and others and when they don’t live up to them I get upset.

no it’s generally the other way around lol
They may ignore me and I think other people will think I am stupid or something.

Well ok, I am
going to ask my church if they all want to go for a afternoon pub crawl and see if we can amass some middle aged single men 😁

God bless you too!

Hello Via;

Its good to hear from you too, sister. We know your work schedule has been challenging along with time to visit your family overseas.

While I was reading your posts, I was thinking of what Jesus said, whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I kept thinking about orange juice as I was reading your posts and I got thirsty. I don't know why. 😎 lol!

You are a blessing the small church that you are now attending. I encourage you to give them time. Exhorting our elders is important because they have been around the block in their faith and life's experiences. By doing more listening it's amazing the things we can learn from them. Also, they love to fellowship with the mix of young believers.

Also, while reading your posts, by giving the church you're attending the time and getting to know them, they may be able to answer the questions that you ask God.

At CFS we have always enjoyed your fellowship here and especially those times when you have ministered to us, like laughing at the silly jokes and posts, and reminding us to take God and life a little easier. lol!

Christians breed Christians,
it can be infectious.

God bless you, sister and your family.

Is this a trick question?🙂
Not angry with the faith, how could I be? Sometimes I’m disappointed with how it is practiced by some, with some of the compromises made and also with the estrangement resulting from politicalization of doctrine.

To be open, yes, somewhat.

We will attend, don’t have a probation against church in general.
It has been a few years TBH, however we regularly have small gatherings in our home of likeminded people.

Never alone in Christ physically or spiritually. My spouse is a spiritual warrior, a soldier in the army of the Lord so we “talk” G-d every day.

With no irony intended, yes of course. I think the scriptures have a lot to say about “these times”.

No, I don’t care if people agree in full, that would be spooky if they did!

See above.
The only time I get angry about a post is when I see someone using scripture to bully or manipulate someone, that bothers me.

TBH, I had not even considered that anyone was watching.

Thank you for your efforts and the time you put in here. You are really something Bob. 🙂

Hello blueskies;

Not a gotcha or trick question. 😇

You make a profound statement, "not angry with the faith, how could I be?"

I know brothers and sisters that carried anger, not at the world or non-believers, but fellow Christians in their family, church or ministry organization.

Years ago a Deacon and his wife who were mentors of my wife and I expressed how his serving on the Board of Directors angered him so much. It wasn't the Lord, it was the people.

Another family was angry at the pastor and church so they discontinued attending that church but dismissed worship service altogether.

This is sad but the anger is more visible than the disappointment. This is why I asked.

When it comes to posting on the world wide public, a different view, opinion on Scripture or disagreement can strike a nerve causing a quick response "not realizing" the whole world is reading.

I do agree with you, when someone manipulates another by stabbing from the keyboard and then using Scripture.

To me, it's like when we are face to face having a dialogue on the Word and we let down the guard of our tongue in
Proverbs 13:3 or Ephesians 4:29. I believe the guard of our tongue and heart is good for building up, in all occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

God bless you, blueskies, and it's good to share with you, brother.

Are you angry with the overall Christian faith in these times? No, I think 'these times' are maybe just harder on extroverts to handle because they are used to looking outwards, while for introverts might find it welcome relief, however nobody should really be look outward or inward but more upward.

Are you discouraged with attending church? not particularly but then I don't get many invitations to do so anymore. I know I could just turn up by myself and now it would be fine, but I haven't really been telling anyone to go or been invited too much or been exhorted to come every week. I haven't been told NO don't come. Some just haven't been meeting for good reason but that does not mean they won't meet up later.
What does it mean for you and your family to attend? you mean my church family because my family doesn't really go. I don't think my family has ever gone except when theres a special event or a meal and there's free food..( not just communion).

Despite what Christ says about gathering for worship (Acts 1:13,) why do you feel you don't need to attend church? gathering for worship IS important but many churches gather indoors and with all the restrictions sometimes thats not even really necessary I actually would be fine just attending gatherings outside. It's just that people don't organise them all the time. And I don't really need to sit down in a pew to worship. Standing outside or sitting on the ground is fine.

Do you choose to be a lone Christian, if so, who do you lean on, and what does God say about the context of "iron sharpening iron" (Proverbs 27:17) Being single is something God chooses for me rather than I choosing it especially I think its a blessing. because there's no distraction, and I can be 'ironed' I guess it is by lots of other believers not just one. Forums are a good place for this because its written.

Does Jesus already know all this in these times, therefore, what does the Scriptures say to you? In all the scriptures God has given me in 'these times' I think you are meaning the pandemic (yes it is real, and affecting everyone, unlike those who insisted it was just fake) He's always given me Proverbs 26:2
So I think he's been with me all that time and under His protection, even when I had it.

Do you expect the body to be in full accord with your personal understanding and application of the doctrines? not sure what you mean by this.

Why do you get angry or disappointed if a brother or sister posts their view contrary to yours? Or this. I don't think I get angry or disappointed, I don't always expect opposition but I feel like when people post their view contrary to mine they get angry and maybe disappointed in ME cos I don't always share their views and maybe they were expecting my views to be exactly the same as theirs? Even though we are not clones of each other, have different backgrounds, maybe we are of the opposite sex, are at different stages of life so I would sort of expect a different view anyway. It does puzzle me why people would get angry or disappointed when I don't agree with every single thing anyone says.

Is it because the world wide public sees your post between you and another? ? not sure. Maybe this question isn't meant for me. I think if someone is mistaken about what I posted, I do need to correct them cos I don't like people misrepresenting me or changing my words or making me out to say something I did not or post on my behalf. I didn't like it when mods would change or delete my posts without even telling me. I think changing it is worse because then its taking things out of context and would be like someone using me as a puppet and manipulating what I say to mean something else. I don't give permission for people to do that. I make sure that I don't use rude language and respect the rules of this forum and don't post about the things we are not supposed to post about that cause silly arguments for example.

If I do have a grievance, I try to get closure or pray about it first, but I can't recall if I have ever had a grievance on about my faith or much vents recently. Scripture often warns do NOT grieve the Holy Spirit. Because the holy spirit will leave. Maybe I'll stop posting for a while and cool off, but I haven't really come across that here. I think when I first posted here I didn't really know how to handle it when people started arguing about things with me and making out like I was some kind of political person who took sides in everything. I don't even have a side! I don't even live in the US where people claim they are left or right. I think people can change their minds and their views as time goes on they aren't always fixed. It's also polite to let people have their say because everyone has a voice, but to respect that they need to voice their opinions and express how they feel about matters.

Being singleminded means focused on what God says, not what politics say. I think many people get that mixed up. I don't worship the govt but I do respect that its necessary or there's anarchy. If anything I am apolitical and try not to be hooked into church politics. its hard for people to get along in groups in general as people seem to get maligned if they are 'different' But God says we need all different members in the body to work together. Unfortunately when people get hurt, the entire body gets hurt.

Hello Lanolin;

I like the way you outlined your answers. One statement you posted stood out with me;

In any type of organization, even with all good intentions there will be politics of debate and disagreement of attempting to arrive at a common relation, and unfortunately, many use politics to achieve power, play both sides of the fence and ulterior motives that can influence others and hurt the whole body.

Good people skills should be a prerequisite before one gets involved in an organization. Unfortunately, this has never been a good practice. Good people skills can have a productive conversation, civil disagreement and debate but arriving at a solution that will benefit the organization as a whole. This has always been an issue throughout history.

Another statement stood out with me.

Do you expect the body to be in full accord with your personal understanding and application of the doctrines? not sure what you mean by this. - Lanolin

Let's say you strongly believe what Jesus says in a particular Scripture and another person shares with you what the same Scripture says to them. But they are not in agreement with you nor your understanding. How do you reconcile this?

I want to respond to you regarding, when the world wide public sees your post between you and another?

I didn't like it when mods would change or delete my posts without even telling me. I think changing it is worse because then its taking things out of context and would be like someone using me as a puppet and manipulating what I say to mean something else. I don't give permission for people to do that. I make sure that I don't use rude language and respect the rules of this forum and don't post about the things we are not supposed to post about that cause silly arguments for example.

Whether it's in the past or present, I encourage all members to send a personal pm to the staff and we will discuss, get input and respond back immediately to the member.

God bless you, Lanolin, and thank you for your input.

More to come in this topic...

Back