1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Are These Types Of Shirts Modest? (please Answer Asap Guys!)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KaylaHansa, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Recently, God has been working on modesty with me. I am trying to be more modest and have a question about a type of shirt. I bought a shirt on a whim and now am wondering if it is modest. It looks fine to me but I could understand how guys might not think so. It is those see-through type of shirts that are meant to be worn with a tank top. I have a fully covering tank top that will cover everything up completely.

It is similar to this shirt:

Please answer because I am thinking about wearing it tomorrow! Thanks :)
  2. Well Kayla, here's the thing-what we call 'modest' and what God would call 'modest' are usually 2 different things.

If your age is correct on your profile (16); I could tell you that I would not let my daughter wear that to Church-or ever for that matter-but then again-I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture.

You have to make a heart decision on things like this. If you want to attract a Godly husband-present yourself as a Godly wife-BEFORE marriage and physical activity (You know-the "S" word) ;)
  3. Could you clarify what you mean by "I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture."?
  4. How is the weather up there on Wolverton mountain Dirty?:whistle:
  5. The top is fine Kayla.
    Lifeasweknowit likes this.
  6. Needin to buy some more shotgun shells 'I Reckon"!
  7. Thanks for the answer.
  8. Well-will it do me any good to throw a bunch of scripture at you? Are you seeking truth or acceptance?

The reality is-it is up to you to decide. If your folks don't have a problem with it-well that's between you and them and God.

Do you want to be a Lady-woman seeking after God's own heart-or do you seek the affection of eye pleasing men?

No matter what I say-the decision truly is up to you....

In certain circles....that top is perfectly acceptable....in others it is not....
  9. BTW: Keep in mind-Calvin is apparently impervious to the physical attractiveness of young women-therefore everything is pretty much okay with him...

Am I lying Calvin?

I on the other hand think of what will I say to the Lord when I am accountable for the upbringing of my own daughter....
  10. Im not seeking acceptance. I really don't know what you mean. Bible verses are fine with me.

What does impervious mean? lol :p
  11. im·per·vi·ous

1. Not allowing something to pass through; not penetrable.
    2. Unable to be affected by: "impervious to the heat".
  12. Oh so you mean he can deal with temptation well?
    Lifeasweknowit likes this.
  13. Look-I am old enough to be your Dad-so it's a touchy subject for me to talk to you as a minor #1 and not any sort of relative #2 and as a member of the opposite sex #3.

My best advice would be this: fellowship with Bible believing elder ladies and SUCCESSFULLY married women (10+ years of marriage). Seek answers from your parents and Pastor.

Talking about modesty is a small detail in the grande scheme of your relationship with Jesus Christ. So the first thing I would have to ask you to get into an in depth discussion is this: Do know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Do you understand the Gospel message?

My assumption is; having come to CFS you do and are 'saved'...
  14. Oh, definitely. I repented for 2 years ago. It's just that modesty is a recent thing that has come up in my spiritual life...
  15. Well probably better than I -my Brother Calvin- I should say Elder Calvin-I do believe is old enough to be my dad-your grandpa....He has a lot more experience knowledge and self-control than a man my age -or 100 times that as a boy your age...

Teenage boys have no brains by the way-BEWARE! I know-I was one once! :D
  16. Trust me, I know. Finding a single serious Christian guy at school seems to be a impossible task. :(
  17. I believe the Bible to be truth, I believe if we follow God's plan-life is much better. The problem is; when I was your age-nobody taught me God's plan for my life and I went and squandered my youth with lots of 'feel good' sin until I was 30 years old-then I got saved and I am reaping the harvest I sowed while I was an unbeliever and backslidin for a while.

Can you clarify "I repented for 2 years ago" ?
  18. Want me advice? STOP LOOKING! Make Christ your #1 relationship and trust in Him to provide the right husband for you.
  19. Well I was your average teenager- obsessed with beauty and being cool. Then I repented in church and everything changed. I grew up in a Christian family so I always knew about Jesus but I didn't have a personal relationship with Him yet. But after that night I felt the relationship, it was a completely new and amazing feeling. :) I'm a much different person now and I know God has been working in me.
  20. You should talk to Katie-she is a moderator on here. Her tag is 'xspinningisfun'. She is busy lately-hopefully she will catch this conversation.