Are These Types Of Shirts Modest? (please Answer Asap Guys!)

Want me advice? STOP LOOKING! Make Christ your #1 relationship and trust in Him to provide the right husband for you.
Oh I didn't mean like for a boyfriend! I just am desperate to know 1 guy that is serious about his relationship with Jesus because I never really met one (at school, church is a different topic) ! I'm not planning on dating right now, don't worry :)

Well I was your average teenager- obsessed with beauty and being cool. Then I repented in church and everything changed. I grew up in a Christian family so I always knew about Jesus but I didn't have a personal relationship with Him yet. But after that night I felt the relationship, it was a completely new and amazing feeling. :) I'm a much different person now and I know God has been working in me.

That's good news! :) Nice to have another Sister. Do you know what the Bible teaches about relationships? Do you believe God's plan is the best plan?

Oh I didn't mean like for a boyfriend! I just am desperate to know 1 guy that is serious about his relationship with Jesus because I never really met one (at school, church is a different topic) ! I'm not planning on dating right now, don't worry :)

That's good too....The reason I ask all these questions is because it all ties in with 'modesty'. How we are to be viewed as Christians by non-Christians. Do you know what the Lord says about His people/ children?

We are to be separated from the world-different. We are to be a "special treasure" to Him. We are supposed to be the example (of goodness) to the rest of the world. We represent Christ as 'Ambassadors', as Pastors of the Word. Did you know that as a believer you have a responsibility to these titles and what you look like, talk like, what you do all play a role?

We are to be separated from the world-different. We are to be a "special treasure" to Him. We are supposed to be the example (of goodness) to the rest of the world. We represent Christ as 'Ambassadors', as Pastors of the Word. Did you know that as a believer you have a responsibility to these titles and what you look like, talk like, what you do all play a role?
My parents have been talking to me about this since I was young. Are you trying to get to the point that Christians shouldn't follow fashions? I personally believe it's okay as long as you don't follow the inappropriate ones and you don't make it your passion/obsession. But I am open to opinions.

My parents have been talking to me about this since I was young. Are you trying to get to the point that Christians shouldn't follow fashions? I personally believe it's okay as long as you don't follow the inappropriate ones and you don't make it your passion/obsession. But I am open to opinions.

As far as I know-there is no Bible commandment to be or not to be "trendy". We are commanded by the Lord to #1 Love #2 Obey. Our faith comes from walking with the Lord in His will-His Word-His commandments.

To be blunt-in my opinion-that particular top shows too much skin and glitter on the collar. Also the way it fits on the model I am sure is different than how it fits you...This is one of those Dad issues. A dad is going to be a lot harsher on clothes on HIS daughter verses someone else s daughter if he is following the Lord...

Yeah I wonder what that ex spinning really means:cautious:.
Really fashions don't change much over the years.. Back in 48, I wore my right hand strap down off my shoulder... I see the modern gals are just catching up with the style :) Just look at my avatar... wasn't I just the cutest? And Dirty if you think I have tickets on myself, just look closely at the front of my ahhh what would you call it? romper suit?

Kayla, Dirty is right about only one thing......he is old enough to be your dad. Seriously, I think that the top is high enough cut for modesty, exposed shoulders are not something to blush about IMO. And the cut is not tight and revealing. It all depends on where you will be wearing it.
Another thing, some people find their complement in another city/state/country even. don't worry about the boys in your school too much there are plenty of fish in the sea. You just have to wait for the right tide and use the right bait.;)
You do know don't you that different bait catches different fish?
You could try and PM Tinkerbell and ask her. From what I have seen she is a young lady with good dress sense too, and a little closer to your own age, though you might not see it that way.

Yeah I wonder what that ex spinning really means:cautious:.
Really fashions don't change much over the years.. Back in 48, I wore my right hand strap down off my shoulder... I see the modern gals are just catching up with the style :) Just look at my avatar... wasn't I just the cutest? And Dirty if you think I have tickets on myself, just look closely at the front of my ahhh what would you call it? romper suit?

Kayla, Dirty is right about only one thing......he is old enough to be your dad. Seriously, I think that the top is high enough cut for modesty, exposed shoulders are not something to blush about IMO. And the cut is not tight and revealing. It all depends on where you will be wearing it.
Another thing, some people find their complement in another city/state/country even. don't worry about the boys in your school too much there are plenty of fish in the sea. You just have to wait for the right tide and use the right bait.;)
You do know don't you that different bait catches different fish?
You could try and PM Tinkerbell and ask her. From what I have seen she is a young lady with good dress sense too, and a little closer to your own age, though you might not see it that way.

Oh you know I love you too Calvin! So silly.....:D

Yes; talk too 'Tink' -Tag: lifeasweknowit

See Calvin we can agree on something!

Surviver, I think/understood Kayla was referring only to the top that displays when the link opens. Some of the others are a bit the wrong way, others are a bit more the right way.

Kayla I just had another close look. I hope you wont be wearing all those rings too.

Surviver, I think/understood Kayla was referring only to the top that displays when the link opens. Some of the others are a bit the wrong way, others are a bit more the right way.

Yes; but the one that opens is sheer as well....I didn't notice it at first either...

I must clarify that the picture is a bit misleading. I am referring only to the top not anything else. Yes, the top is pretty sheer but the tank top i want to wear underneath isn't. My shirt doesn't have spikes (I'm a little weary of those o_O) it has beads.

Look-the more you leave to young mens' imaginations the better. You will be held accountable for your appearance in the long term.

I prefer to ere on the side of caution. But once again-the choice truly is yours.

Even in my ancient generation-seeing someones underwear was a no no....

Hi Kayla and welcome! I am Tink that Calv and Dirty were referring to. I reviewed the link you posted and I definitely think it's a cute top, so long as you don't wear them with tiny shorts like in the picture. You also need a tank top underneath since it is sheer. Most women do wear undershirts with these tops, though I have (unfortunately) seem some that do not. They will wear a colorful bra and it's tacky. I just don't understand how parents let their little angels dress the way a lot of them do nowadays. :(

Moving forward, I definitely understand your inner turmoil in regards to wearing modest clothes. How do we as women dress modestly in this day and age? I can safety say that what others would consider modest in our generation is probably still considered quite immodest to some, and especially those from hundreds of years ago. It's tough!

I think that when it comes to dress we have to look at the situation. If I'm going for a run or to the gym, I still like to wear my tiny shorts. Sorry, but It's far too hot wearing pants and shorts that go to my knees detracts from my speed when running. Sometimes, I will go to the grocery store with them on and I get checked out. Sooo, I probably shouldn't be doing that, huh?

Then there's school. You can dress attractive and stylish and still have boys think your mighty fine dressing modestly. Take a look at my picture I took about six months ago. My guy friend couldn't stop telling me how nice I looked and I was covered literally from head to toe (with the exception of my face, so maybe the expression doesn't quite work in this context, but you get what I'm saying). Anyhow, it is doable. Oftentimes, when I dress up more, but modestly I get talked to (AKA hit on) more as well. There is something about a feminine woman who covers up that men love. Yes, they will look at the girl who's showing 70% or more of her body (I've been guilty of such things!), but the thoughts they have-I can guarantee you-are not the thoughts you would want the man you spend your life with to have.

Then there's church. You should be very modest at church, but I'm guilty of this one as well! At my congregation, there is no attire that I haven't seen girls wear, and it saddens me. It's one of the only things I don't like about the church I attend. Then again, it's a mega church and IMO, very much for beginner Christians. In fact, I am considering moving on from there. It's just hard because it's where I began. Essentially, I don't think you need to wear your "Sundays Best" when you attend, but you should definitely be more aware of your attire the day you go.

Grocery stores and everywhere else: You see, I live in this wonderful place called Southern California and where I'm from, people where flip flops with shorts and a tank top/sweat shirt almost all the time. Heck, people wear their PJ's when shopping. We are blessed to live in a city where casual attire is #1 and fully accepted. So again, it really depends on where you live, where your going, the time of year, and who you will be hanging out with.

I think it's safe to say, err on the side of caution when shopping for clothes. If you can, shop at thrift stores. Clothes are much cheaper and actually pretty cute.

Lastly, buy classics and stay away from fashionable items. I get compliments on my clothes often and I have had a lot of them for many years, but that's because I don't follow trends (unless they've been around for quite some time-like cowboy boots :))

Sorry for writing a novel. Hopefully all of this helps to bring light and clarity to any questions you may have. You can also PM me and I can send you more photos. God Bless!

BTW: Keep in mind-Calvin is apparently impervious to the physical attractiveness of young women-therefore everything is pretty much okay with him...

Am I lying Calvin?

I on the other hand think of what will I say to the Lord when I am accountable for the upbringing of my own daughter....
Put it this way.....as a second rate amateur chef, I've always been more interested in the core ingredients than the plating up:)

“Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.”
Gather strength to win control over worldly things. When woman & men hate lookin at themselves in the mirror so end up getting cosmetic surgury. Or some (Cher, MJ)go for full body lifts. :rolleyes::LOL:.

Do you hate the look of your body yet? The nose, thighs could be better under the knife. Time to throw the mirror away then. Better to show you would make a good GF/ wife a man can trust than one that he never will or disharmony will follow.
“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;