Any stories of Spirits gift of miraculous powers?

In the following 1 Corinthians 12:10

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another MIRACULOUS POWERS, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

mentions Spirits gift of miraculous powers among others. Now I am not saying that I don’t know anything about it but I was wandering are there any stories recent or from the past that mention some examples of any people who have had or have these miraculous powers and how they worked?

Thanks
I’ve been thinking about this lately.
I don’t like telling people about what happened to me because I still think that, what happened to me was, well, just a fluke, and not really a miracle.

I smoked for years, not just the odd one but 20 a day. I enjoyed smoking and never even thought about quitting.
So one day last year, I went to the supermarket to do my shopping, and in the way back, I thought about having a cigarette with a cup of coffee.
I was looking forward to it even.

when I got home I put the kettle on and went into my bedroom to collect my cigarettes and was just about to pick one out and something came over me.
I can’t even begin to describe what it was. It never spoke, it just left me with an invisible message not to touch it.
I stood there, and within a minute it left. All I got was a sense of “I best do as it says”. Even though I never heard anything in particular, I just got a sense in my spirit not to smoke again. Whatever happened just took me by surprise.

I quit cold turkey and I felt bad for the first weeks. Then a few weeks ago I tried one to see what would happen. It felt disgusting.

now I say this WAS a miracle, because I never wanted to quit.
I’ve no real idea what it was but whatever it was took my desire away to smoke for some strange reason so suddenly and out the blue with no word of a bye or leave.

I do scratch my head over this when I think about it, but I don’t get anywhere so I don’t tell others as I think people will laugh at me.
Xxx

Hello, YeshuaFan;

It seems after you studied Greek, and today, you still have an interest to refresh your Greek study. I'm impressed!

I have to confess when I took Hebrew and Greek,
I didn't enjoy it, it was tough and barely passed as part of the requirement for completing seminary.

I remember some of my classmates went on to study Hebrew II and Greek II.

I rarely use it, but the Hebrew and Greek did aid me with cross references to a passage in the Old or New Testaments when preaching.

Right there with you brother.

We have a Greek restaurant right here in town and they make us use English there too!

I’ve been thinking about this lately.
I don’t like telling people about what happened to me because I still think that, what happened to me was, well, just a fluke, and not really a miracle.

I smoked for years, not just the odd one but 20 a day. I enjoyed smoking and never even thought about quitting.
So one day last year, I went to the supermarket to do my shopping, and in the way back, I thought about having a cigarette with a cup of coffee.
I was looking forward to it even.

when I got home I put the kettle on and went into my bedroom to collect my cigarettes and was just about to pick one out and something came over me.
I can’t even begin to describe what it was. It never spoke, it just left me with an invisible message not to touch it.
I stood there, and within a minute it left. All I got was a sense of “I best do as it says”. Even though I never heard anything in particular, I just got a sense in my spirit not to smoke again. Whatever happened just took me by surprise.

I quit cold turkey and I felt bad for the first weeks. Then a few weeks ago I tried one to see what would happen. It felt disgusting.

now I say this WAS a miracle, because I never wanted to quit.
I’ve no real idea what it was but whatever it was took my desire away to smoke for some strange reason so suddenly and out the blue with no word of a bye or leave.

I do scratch my head over this when I think about it, but I don’t get anywhere so I don’t tell others as I think people will laugh at me.
Xxx

Was that a miracle, or was it simply the way the Holy Spirit works in the lives of believers????

How about the following:

John 14:12, NIV: "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even GREATER things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Hello Peki;

What's happening here in this passage is Jesus is not talking about Spiritual gifts or miracles. He is delegating to His disciples, and empowering them by the Holy Spirit to go beyond Palestine into neighboring lands and spread the Gospel.

God bless you, Peki, and your family.

Hello Peki;

What's happening here in this passage is Jesus is not talking about Spiritual gifts or miracles. He is delegating to His disciples, and empowering them by the Holy Spirit to go beyond Palestine into neighboring lands and spread the Gospel.

Thanks Bobinfaith, I don’t think Jesus meant that literally we will do greater miracles than Him. What I mean is miracles which Jesus as someone who was sinless couldn’t do sinners will be able to do.

Thanks

Thanks

Hello Peki;

NONE of us are able to raise the dead, nor command the weather, nor walk on water though! Think the greater miracle was that Jesus was only able to work in His body locally, while we as His body can take Him to the entire earth!

Thanks Bobinfaith, I don’t think Jesus meant that literally we will do greater miracles than Him. What I mean is miracles which Jesus as someone who was sinless couldn’t do sinners will be able to do.

Thanks

Thanks
Jesus did what He did due to Him being God Incarnate!

How about the following:

John 14:12, NIV: "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even GREATER things than these, because I am going to the Father."
It cannot be greater in power even when discussing spiritual unseen gifts. Spiritual gifts perform a work faith in two. Never one work. Both the one given prophecy and the one who receives the unsen understating . Called the mutual faith of Christ the power of God

Romans1;10-12 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith (Christ's) both of you and me.

2 Corinthians 4:13We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

One Spirit of faith or labor of love

Seeing the gift cannot be greater . Jesus said to Nicodemus in respect to the greatest gift "born again salvation" He commanded Nicodemus to marvel or wonder not. Wondering is wondering or imaging leading to more wondering, Believing is believing or coming to the end of faith, the conclusion ,

The greater was the opportunity to glory in our unseen God. . . the glory of God could not be attributed to the flesh of the Son of man . Perhaps a following of five hundred who did know Christ after the flesh. By which we know him be no more forevermore.

Peter at Pentecost the time of reformation was given the words of God and over three thousand the greater appeared. In the same way blasphemy against the Son of man was forgivable but the window of opportunity vanish when the Son of man vanished .

The greater witness of faith, the unseen glory had come. Mankind could no longer glory in the corrupted flesh .The Son of man who delighted in doing the will of the father knew were the power came from to do will of our father as the father empowered him we have peace

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The only legitimate ones that we have historical records in though are the Apostles themselves, and while God still does do healings and miraclesa at times, none gifted to do such today!
I have to politely disagree. Don't know if y'all have ever had experience with faith healers. Known to us in the Southern US. Have personally seen healing done. Have seen bleeding wounds dry up/stop bleeding. They say it is a verse in Ezekiel used to stop the blood; Don't know if that is true or not. So say what you will, But I have to believe what I have seen. AND I do believe it was the power of God as I knew these people well.

I have to politely disagree. Don't know if y'all have ever had experience with faith healers. Known to us in the Southern US. Have personally seen healing done. Have seen bleeding wounds dry up/stop bleeding. They say it is a verse in Ezekiel used to stop the blood; Don't know if that is true or not. So say what you will, But I have to believe what I have seen. AND I do believe it was the power of God as I knew these people well.

Exodus 20:3 [Full Chapter] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

God is simply not served by human hands as a will . He can use a Ass to move mankind as he did with the false healer , fasle apostle Balaam .

When faithless men do atribute the unseen work of the gospel to the hands of mankind then we have developed a pantheon of gods in the likeness of men . We are to have no gods set before the throne of our one God .

Why would anyone violate the first comandment in exchange for the work of a shaman or witch doctor ?

Acts14: 11-14 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Why serve a pantheon of Greek gods in the likeness of man?

The greater must do with number. It does not get any greater than born again . .Jesus as the Son of man displayed the work of the father.. possibly 500 folowers heard the gospel Peter spoke one sermon after Jesus left it propduced 3000 new souls .

We walk or understand after the unseenthings of God (faith) hid in parables from non converted mankind .

The unbeliveing faithless Jews made Jesus into a Circus Seal .Do a trick and then we will believe . In affect saying. . . .Who needs to believe in a God not seen

It is thier personal signiture as it was Cain's who also saw no value in the things not seen (faith)

Jesus informs us that it is a evil generation that seek after a sign to wonder after before they will believe . No sign was given to those who walk by sight.

Why exercise or workout ones new born again faith in leiu of wonderments, marveling never coming to a end of faith the salvation of our soul ?

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Exodus 20:3 [Full Chapter] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

God is simply not served by human hands as a will . He can use a Ass to move mankind as he did with the false healer , fasle apostle Balaam .

When faithless men do atribute the unseen work of the gospel to the hands of mankind then we have developed a pantheon of gods in the likeness of men . We are to have no gods set before the throne of our one God .

Why would anyone violate the first comandment in exchange for the work of a shaman or witch doctor ?

Acts14: 11-14 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Why serve a pantheon of Greek gods in the likeness of man?

The greater must do with number. It does not get any greater than born again . .Jesus as the Son of man displayed the work of the father.. possibly 500 folowers heard the gospel Peter spoke one sermon after Jesus left it propduced 3000 new souls .
I quite understand the replies here. But I think it is a matter of semantics/understanding. I do understand heresy. I also know that it is a wicked generation who always seeks for a sign. However.......................When I was a child I heard a sermon I still remember called Big Godders or Little Godders. What do you believe about your God? Do you limit Him and His gifts by your attitude ( A Little Godder).

Jesus said If you had faith, you could move mountains. In the current age, we do not see the miracles as in the Bible. But who are any one of us to say that God no longer gives gifts of healing or prophecy in the current age? We must always be on guard against falsehoods and false prophets, but to say that God DOES NOT give these gifts in the current age is presumptuous at the very least. And perhaps blasphemous.

And yet not one documented true healing can be produced!

I quite understand the replies here. But I think it is a matter of semantics/understanding. I do understand heresy. I also know that it is a wicked generation who always seeks for a sign. However.......................When I was a child I heard a sermon I still remember called Big Godders or Little Godders. What do you believe about your God? Do you limit Him and His gifts by your attitude ( A Little Godder).

Jesus said If you had faith, you could move mountains. In the current age, we do not see the miracles as in the Bible. But who are any one of us to say that God no longer gives gifts of healing or prophecy in the current age? We must always be on guard against falsehoods and false prophets, but to say that God DOES NOT give these gifts in the current age is presumptuous at the very least. And perhaps blasphemous.
The Lord can still do healings and miracles, but would be rare, and would be to confirm Jesus is Lord! A sign unto Him, but what passes as so called faith healing today is a sham and money racket!

Back