Any stories of Spirits gift of miraculous powers?

We walk or understand after the unseenthings of God (faith) hid in parables from non converted mankind .

The unbeliveing faithless Jews made Jesus into a Circus Seal .Do a trick and then we will believe . In affect saying. . . .Who needs to believe in a God not seen

It is thier personal signiture as it was Cain's who also saw no value in the things not seen (faith)

Jesus informs us that it is a evil generation that seek after a sign to wonder after before they will believe . No sign was given to those who walk by sight.

Why exercise or workout ones new born again faith in leiu of wonderments, marveling never coming to a end of faith the salvation of our soul ?

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Valid argument as far as it goes. One can be a believer sight unseen and still believe that God may choose to give gifts of healing or prophecy in the current age. For example, say someone is gravely ill and not expected to survive. But people are praying for them. A pastor visits and prays over them. They get well in spite of the doctor's expectations. This is a "miracle gift of healing". Do we call this Shamanism? Or false signs? Or godless human acts? No. Most of us rejoice that God has healed. Y'all may call me out for being godless heathen, but it will not change my perception in this area.

The Lord can still do healings and miracles, but would be rare, and would be to confirm Jesus is Lord! A sign unto Him, but what passes as so called faith healing today is a sham and money racket!
We can politely agree to disagree. The healing I saw done as a child was not publicized outside the local church or community and these folks did not charge or get paid. So it does take them out of the fraudulent, fleecing innocent people game.

Valid argument as far as it goes. One can be a believer sight unseen and still believe that God may choose to give gifts of healing or prophecy in the current age. For example, say someone is gravely ill and not expected to survive. But people are praying for them. A pastor visits and prays over them. They get well in spite of the doctor's expectations. This is a "miracle gift of healing". Do we call this Shamanism? Or false signs? Or godless human acts? No. Most of us rejoice that God has healed. Y'all may call me out for being godless heathen, but it will not change my perception in this area.
That would be God choosing to intervene Himself, but we are not promised divine wealth and healing!

We can politely agree to disagree. The healing I saw done as a child was not publicized outside the local church or community and these folks did not charge or get paid. So it does take them out of the fraudulent, fleecing innocent people game.
Healings today are done by God Himself, as he chooses to intervene, but majority of the time he uses Dr and medicine to heal!

That is well said Holly. No one is going to "call you" out. Several may, and you can include me in that group may disagree but we would do it civilly and politely.

What does the Bible tell us about what you just posted???

James 5:13-16...........
"3Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the LORD: 15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the LORD shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

That is how God works. That is how God heals us.

That is completely different than a "Man" hitting, blowing, or waving his hand and demanding that God do his bidding in healing someone and then demanding a love offering.

As have I and that was called "an answer to prayer".

My daughter, 40 years ago had a heart issue. We were told that she could not play like other children. We were told that she would never be able to go through the stress of child birth.

My church prayed.......all night and 2 weeks after that she had open heart surgery at 4 years of age! She has since then given her parents 3 beautiful grandchildren and is in perfect health at 44 years old!

God healed her through the prayers of believers and no one was knocked down and no love offering was taken and GOD got all the glory even to this very day!

Back