An Indepth Bible Study In The Book Of Genesis.

I was just getting into the sun/moon/planets as signs as told by Missler and the Mazzaroth and learned a whole lot that I didn't know before. The story of God's plan of redemption is in the stars!! For all to see, whatever your location or language. Yehovah Elohim is indeed awesome!!!!!!!!
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Mazzaroth.html
Mazzaroth
Mazzaroth.png
Job 38:31-33 KJV
31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? 33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

The "Mazzaroth" is the twelve constellations within the sun's apparent path through the heavens, commonly referred to as the "Zodiac."[1] These are in the form of pictures constructed from the stars within that constellation, a woman (Virgo), scales (Libra), a Scorpion (Scorpio), an archer (Saggitarius), a goat-fish (Capricorn), a man with a water pot (Aquarius), two fishes (Pisces), a Lamb (Aries), an Ox (Taurus), twins (Gemini), a crab (Cancer), and a lion (Leo). In God's response to Job, He indicated that He alone brings forth the twelve signs each year in their proper months. Psalm 19, and Paul's quote of it in Romans 10:16-18, proves that the Zodiac (Mazzaroth) was designed by God as a means of communicating a prophetic message in pictures to all languages of the earth.

Several authors have interpreted the zodiac from a Christian perspective, repeating the original work of Frances Rolleston in the mid nineteenth century without adding anything new or substantial. The premise of Rolleston's work was flawed, making many of her conculsions doubtful.

The Zodiac is a twelve-step prophecy, a clock counting down the end of this age and the establishment of Messiah’s Kingdom on earth. The zodiac lays out the same story as the Bible, in the same historical sequence, using the same pictorial language as the Hebrew prophets.

All previous interpretations of the zodiac, whether pagan, Jewish, or Christian, have failed to account for the meaning of the sun's sequential path through the twelve zodiacal signs. Since the creation, the sun's path each year through the 12 zodiac signs has fortold the whole story of God's plan to redeem the creation through the nation of Israel. In doing so, it demonstrates that the God of Abraham is the source of the zodiac.

[1] Jammeson Faucett Brown Commentary: "Canst thou bring forth from their places or houses (Mazzaloth, 2 Kings 23:5, Margin; to which Mazzaroth here is equivalent) into the sky the signs of the Zodiac at their respective seasons - the twelve "lodgings" in which the sun successively stays, or appears, in the sky."

As to trees: I ran into an interesting part in "Cracking the Bible Code" but this link covers it:
http://www.biblemysteries.com/library/codes1.htm

1) The ancient sages have always maintained that all knowledge was contained in the Torah ( The Five Books of Moses ) and that for example all varieties of trees grew in the Garden of Eden. Yet in the verses describing Eden, there are no trees mentioned by name. We know the ancient Hebrew names for 25 variety of trees and sure enough in the code known as ELS (equidistant letter sequences) e.g. Wheat can be found in Genesis W ( 5 letters ) H ( 5 letters ) E ( 5 letters ) A ( 5 letters) T. ) all 25 names of the trees are found in that passage describing the garden of Eden. The odds against that happening by chance is 500,000 to 1.
trees.gif

I was just getting into the sun/moon/planets as signs as told by Missler and the Mazzaroth and learned a whole lot that I didn't know before. The story of God's plan of redemption is in the stars!! For all to see, whatever your location or language. Yehovah Elohim is indeed awesome!!!!!!!!
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Mazzaroth.html
Mazzaroth

Mazzaroth.png
Job 38:31-33 KJV
31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? 33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

The "Mazzaroth" is the twelve constellations within the sun's apparent path through the heavens, commonly referred to as the "Zodiac."[1] These are in the form of pictures constructed from the stars within that constellation, a woman (Virgo), scales (Libra), a Scorpion (Scorpio), an archer (Saggitarius), a goat-fish (Capricorn), a man with a water pot (Aquarius), two fishes (Pisces), a Lamb (Aries), an Ox (Taurus), twins (Gemini), a crab (Cancer), and a lion (Leo). In God's response to Job, He indicated that He alone brings forth the twelve signs each year in their proper months. Psalm 19, and Paul's quote of it in Romans 10:16-18, proves that the Zodiac (Mazzaroth) was designed by God as a means of communicating a prophetic message in pictures to all languages of the earth.

Several authors have interpreted the zodiac from a Christian perspective, repeating the original work of Frances Rolleston in the mid nineteenth century without adding anything new or substantial. The premise of Rolleston's work was flawed, making many of her conculsions doubtful.

The Zodiac is a twelve-step prophecy, a clock counting down the end of this age and the establishment of Messiah’s Kingdom on earth. The zodiac lays out the same story as the Bible, in the same historical sequence, using the same pictorial language as the Hebrew prophets.

All previous interpretations of the zodiac, whether pagan, Jewish, or Christian, have failed to account for the meaning of the sun's sequential path through the twelve zodiacal signs. Since the creation, the sun's path each year through the 12 zodiac signs has fortold the whole story of God's plan to redeem the creation through the nation of Israel. In doing so, it demonstrates that the God of Abraham is the source of the zodiac.

[1] Jammeson Faucett Brown Commentary: "Canst thou bring forth from their places or houses (Mazzaloth, 2 Kings 23:5, Margin; to which Mazzaroth here is equivalent) into the sky the signs of the Zodiac at their respective seasons - the twelve "lodgings" in which the sun successively stays, or appears, in the sky."

I had it in my study :) The birth of Jesus with Virgo giving birth, and at His death which happened exactly as the planets formed a cross above Jerusalem as Jesus hung on a cross...

My dear study friends, I don't mind letting you folk know of my struggles with the demonic realm as it might help others in this area. I'm not fully aware of why I have had a target for the darts of the evil one on my back for so many years. Actually, all believers in Jesus have the potential of attack at any time. This is the reason that as an under-shepherd of Christ Jesus serving Him as a pastor of a few churches in Maine and then here in Massachusetts, there have been people who were under attack that I had to learn all I could in how to help these people obtain complete deliverance....It's called "spiritual warfare."

When I moved to Massachusetts in 1982, it seemed that all hell broke loose on me as the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Turners Falls, MA. In the first Month I was almost voted out by a small group of elders. I must say that my Lord protected me thru all that trouble.

Here is the problem. About 5 miles from the Baptist Church that I was the Pastor was, and still is, a spiritualist church (Satanic) in Lake Pleasant. Every year in July, witches and satanic priests from all over the world come to Lake Pleasant for their yearly service. I have a record of a man who was involved there in 1880.

I held a tent revival service soon after arriving in 1982. Quite a few folk were saved. One evening, four men in black clothing and hoods took pictures of me on the platform. I learned later that they used the pictures to place curses on me. Since that time, every July I become sick. Each year it's different. The first year it was a stroke, a heart attack, pneumonia, congestive heart failure, both hips going bad, my spine closing at the base, two spine operations that failed. I could go on and on but you get the idea.

This July the 6th I had another stroke. August the 6th I began to feel better as the Lord's hand was upon me healing what the devil inflicted me with. I have taught spiritual warfare in church settings and privately. I could go on but don't want to glorify the devil's work and appear that I am boasting of being used of the Lord.

Because our Lord called me to His ministry to His people, I'll continue spreading the Gospel and trying to stay ever so close to Jesus for His protection against the evil one....I'll be honest, I haven't had an easy Christian life as a teacher of the Word's of God to His people. I have complained more than once. My reward, if any, will go back to my Master of whom I'm surrendered to. I long to, at 75 years of living, go home to be with the One of whom I love so much. Until then, I'll try and be faithful to that still small voice that tells me to fight on to the prize that's before me.

If you need more info. I'll try and answer.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Do not fret about whether or not to tell more about what you have gone thru. The power of Christ will flow thru.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Do not fret about whether or not to tell more about what you have gone thru. The power of Christ will flow thru.

Thank you my good friend Big Moose and those of you who have replied. My Son Skip, of whom the two of us are very close. Not only because he is my son, but especially because he is such a godly man. If you think of him, please pray for his healing or whatever our Lord has planned for him. Last week, he suffered a stroke and is hurting. I'm so proud that my Son followed a lot of what he saw in me but unfortunately, demonic forces cause him a lot of trials just like his dad.

I have two children, my Daughter Peggy and Son Skip. Both are godly people and have ten children between them and all are serving the Lord either in training or on their jobs. Thank you Big Moose, His Grace is sufficient for me otherwise I would have given up long ago....I love you all, and thank you for being kind to this old wounded soldier of the Lord.

I know how you feel - I have fibromyalgia (since 2001) and am in pain 24/7. I pray for households so all you love are included in my beloved households list. If I was given a choice to be pain-free in lieu of someone on my prayer list - I would gladly choose the pain. I hope to be free of the pain come September :)

So where are we in the study? When the thread here grew distant, I found I still had a hunger so I went looking on youtube. As noted in a previous post - I went thru the 25 parts of Missler's Genesis Sessions (the 1st session is left out of the bundled sessions and that is the one I posted here) and I was fascinated. I recommend you take the time. I found I liked studying with Missler and found a 15 part series on Daniel which I also recommend. Then I found a Missler series on a whole overview of the bible and thought, maybe I could skip the Genesis parts but I'm so glad I didn't:

I am so blessed by some of you posting some very interesting information dealing with creation....Thank you Silk for your additions I really appreciate your help. I'm still suffering from a loss of balance and my thinking is still messed up but the Lord's Hand is upon me and I believe each day there is some improvement. I will be looking things over and come up with where we should continue, Lord willing. Thank you so very much for your patience.

August 27th 2015 Text: Genesis 1:26-31 Title: God Makes A Copy Of Himself.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 1:29 And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 1:30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

I have had to make this study at least two days because in the evenings, this site and others are way to slow. At any rate, lets look for some nuggets of truth in these six verses.

First of all, I see that the word "God" is in the plural form. I hope no one minds if I use "Strongs" for my word definitions because some folk are interested in those foundation facts.
אֱלֹהִים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Total KJV occurrences: 2601

There have been some interesting theories about just who Elohiym was talking to, such as some old Jewish writers like the Targum of Jonathan, Jarchi, and others, thought He was speaking to angels. Those of us who don't have the "Moses veil" over our understanding, feel that the Father is speaking to His Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Wow! When I see these words, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness", I'll be honest, I tremble!

I'm going to stop right here for another day. This will give everyone a chance to post, and I'll pick back up tomorrow and continue. May God richly bless you all with grace abundantly.

There is also the fact that when God 'says'.....it happens. God the Father speaks creation into existence.
If this is so, then V26 is the divine creative command and V27 speaks of the fulfilment of that command. Then there is a recognition of the actual fulfilment of the divine command in V29.
This in no way diminishes the vital involvement of the Holy Spirit in accomplishing the divine command, nor the Son's active role in creation.
It is indeed awe inspiring to see that when our God speaks it; it is sure to come to be.

Not that I have any ability in Hebrew, my understanding is that while "Elohim" is plural (cherub-singular, cherabim=plural, seraph=singular, seraphim=plural) that Elohim is used in a singular (?) context which would seem to me verify the trinity doctrine. Much is said about the fact that Adam and the angels are direct creations of Yahweh Elohim and that the rest of humanity are sons/daughters of Adam. From which flows that you have to be born again thru Christ to become a direct creation. I can't remember where I heard it, but some have speculated that Satan/Lucifer only knew the Yahweh aspect of the Creator, not the Elohim (or vice versa) - the compassionate part of God. That this was only revealed at the fall. What has been stated numerous times, as both man and animal ate plants or would one say just the seed bearing portion of plants? I think man was created to perceive more than the 4 dimensions we are limited to now. Man was given dominion and it makes me wonder if the ability to communicate with animals was there then. I think when man fell we lost those extra dimensions thus the "nakedness".

August 27th 2015 Text: Genesis 1:26-31 Title: God Makes A Copy Of Himself.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 1:29 And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 1:30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

I have had to make this study at least two days because in the evenings, this site and others are way to slow. At any rate, lets look for some nuggets of truth in these six verses.

First of all, I see that the word "God" is in the plural form. I hope no one minds if I use "Strongs" for my word definitions because some folk are interested in those foundation facts.
אֱלֹהִים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Total KJV occurrences: 2601

There have been some interesting theories about just who Elohiym was talking to, such as some old Jewish writers like the Targum of Jonathan, Jarchi, and others, thought He was speaking to angels. Those of us who don't have the "Moses veil" over our understanding, feel that the Father is speaking to His Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Wow! When I see these words, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness", I'll be honest, I tremble!

I'm going to stop right here for another day. This will give everyone a chance to post, and I'll pick back up tomorrow and continue. May God richly bless you all with grace abundantly.

Opps, I forgot to hit "Post Reply" yesterday. Oh boy, I'm afraid that your teacher's mind is not very reliable these days. When I see what God intended for me to become in the beginning, and look at me now? I see only a "Dirt Bag".:rolleyes:

I should have mentioned before this that I use the ESV English Standard Version of the Bible for most of my quotes. If not then I'm using the old favorite King James Version. (If anyone is interested, I'll explain why I favor the ESV over the other modern day translations such as the popular NIV.

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" OK, I've stopped trembling.:D I hope you don't mind a little humor now and then....God wanted a copy of Himself (image)
צֶלֶם
tselem
tseh'-lem
From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, that is, (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, especially an idol: - image, vain shew.
Total KJV occurrences: 17

God also wanted a mirror of Himself (likeness)
דְּמוּת
demûth
dem-ooth'
From H1819; resemblance; concretely model, shape; adverbially like: - fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude.
Total KJV occurrences: 25

So it looks like our Creator, in those two words, wanted a reproduction of Himself whenever He looked upon the man of whom He created....Did He succeed?

Back