Abraham's Three Visitors

I've been hearing for years the dooms-day preachers out there on TV, radio and in publications claiming that America is soon going to be destroyed.
maybe i am classified as a doom and gloom preacher ,but its noit America alone as per prophecy America destroyed. i can only say what the Bible says on what/who will be destroyed . i see the world will be destroyed by fire. hosea said my people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge. not because there is none. but they have rejected it.

No. I was not talking about exploded nukes. I work with nuclear materials, and am well aware of both weapons grade and commercial power generation materials, as well as nuclear powered field equipment. As a scientist, it's part of my job. I work all three realms, and so know what can be done, and with what (without going into all the boring details).

MM
dont take this wrong.. but after reading this i some what understand your line of thinking. that is not in disrespect or pun .

your line of work its the way your programmed . your a interesting person

For many years, I have been watchful in my readings of prophecies of the future to consider how our technological advances may (or may not) be reflected.

God surely understands atomic power, computers, the internet, etc, and knows how we employ them, but the prophets He spoke thru had neither thebasic technical understanding nor the vocabulary to describe these things. Besides, the technological landscape are less the point of these prophecies than the interaction between the Lord and His creation (us), and how the battle between Christ and Satan may be affected.

So we have prophecies concerning things not clearly understood by the prophets themselves being described in often non technical terms by those prophets, while now we cannot help but try see those glimpses in through our technically trained eyes and brains.

May I say, and I said this in the Revelation study......John, and the Prophets wrote down what they saw or visioned or we told without knowing what it was that that saw.

They wrote in PICTURE LANGUAGE.

Allow me to illustrate......Revelation 6 12-14
"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

Some who are aware of Nuclear actions say that those Scripres are exactly what happens when one goes off!!! The atmosphere is SL+PLIT and then falls back on itself causes the mushroom cloud to grow straight up.

What's astounding too, Major, is that there are not more people commenting and engaging this topic with us. I mean, are there no others concerned about learning the deeper things of God, His justice, His sense of judgement...all of which stems from His very Nature? Some wonderful truths have come to light in all this, and almost.....crickets....

MM

• Praying
Reactions: bobinfaith
What's astounding too, Major, is that there are not more people commenting and engaging this topic with us. I mean, are there no others concerned about learning the deeper things of God, His justice, His sense of judgement...all of which stems from His very Nature? Some wonderful truths have come to light in all this, and almost.....crickets....

MM
I haven’t joined in in this thread because I haven’t been acquainted enough with the deeper things of God enough yet.

But what I can say is I enjoy seeing how you have a keen eye for details which make me glimpse His Love for believers more.

And am fully enjoying it 😁
It keeps me engaged enough to just observe from a distance until I am pressed to ask about these things.

Blessings MM

What's astounding
you say no others are engaging you seem to pick and chose your replies. i know you think far in advance after reading your job. your use to crunching several things at once

I've been hearing for years the dooms-day preachers out there on TV, radio and in publications claiming that America is soon going to be destroyed.

the entire world is set for destruction look around Churches splitting some for the good some for the bad. we have left field theology on every corner .

i honestly expect CHRIST to return any time . does the things of the world bother you? it does me a president putting trans in a office . promotes lgbt abortion. the very things God says are a abomination.

many years ago my wife bro joined the navy and the found his dead on the beach in calif. he had never been exposed to the cruel elements the pleasures of sin for a season.. then just months before that . a good friend was murdered by his step dad both had been drinking.,

mom came by the house and said son the hand writing is on the wall. me and the devil had our own thing going / no i dint not know about Daniel .. but i knew what she was saying.
my question seeing all these things does it stir you? does it make you think the end of all things is at hand?

it does me

I haven’t joined in in this thread because I haven’t been acquainted enough with the deeper things of God enough yet.

But what I can say is I enjoy seeing how you have a keen eye for details which make me glimpse His Love for believers more.

It keeps me engaged enough to just observe from a distance until I am pressed to ask about these things.

Blessings MM

:eek:

Surely, you jest?

This is a team effort of exploration. I'm learning too, from what I have never looked into, with such depth, until now; about the three visitors and their conversation with Abraham, and the deeper implications of the words spoken.

Thank you, Via. It's good to see that you are indeed here about.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

Reactions: Via dolarossa
Hello brothers and sisters;

Getting back to the topic of Abraham's Three Visitors, years had passed since God promised Abram a nation. Following God's Covenant Abram and Sarai would go through a famine, end up in Egypt, travel with his nephew Lot only to separate and later Abram would rescue him.

Later God would promise Abram a son, but he and Sarai would gain a son through their slave Hagar and name him Ishmael. God is not done with Abram and would establish another covenant of circumcision and rename Abram Abraham. When we go back and study all this in detail from
Genesis 12 through 17, almost 25 years goes by with so many events taking place between God, Abram and Sarai.

What amazes and ministers to me is Abraham has been blessed immensely by God yet he remained humble and hospitable when the 3 visitors (or angelic beings) sat and ate what Abraham and Sarah prepared for them.

For many years Hazel and I were always visiting other's homes and was blessed by the hospitality they gave us. But the conversation wasn't always the Good News. They would share setbacks, illnesses, tragedies and things to be with us. We couldn't foresee the future but could let them know we are there for them, offering to pray and hope with them and whatever the outcome, we still had their backs. This ministered to us and we wanted to emulate the same hospitality by opening our doors, hosting the last 3 Christmas parties with our church family, and at times offer a place to eat and sleep with what room we had to give.

The 3 visitors conveyed what God promised Abraham and Sarah with their future child Isaac as God promised Abram in (chapter 17:17-22) but also what was to come with God's destruction over Sodom and Gomorrah. Later Abraham would intercede for the people and plead with God, not just the wicked but also the righteous.

I believe God already knew and saw the hearts of Sodom and Gomorrah, but He also saw the heart of His servant Abraham. It made me think of where we are today. I can make a list of the iniquities of our country and on all four corners of the earth. I'm disgusted too, but am I praying to God for these people out of disdain or am I praying for God's love and mercy on all (including myself) who fall short of His glory?

Some of you say America is in judgment? Absolutely! Look around! Genesis teaches us that God also sees everything and will judge accordingly, not just some things, but everything. Yet in Genesis 19 after God destroys Sodom and Gomorrah, He instructs Abraham and Sarah to keep going forward.

As individual men and women of God, we are to do the same in these times. There's work to do. People despite these times still don't know who Jesus is, they don't know the connection between God and Begotten Son during this Christmas Season and everyday before and after.

We all should be asking God daily, Are You the One who will accomplish all Your promises to those who trust You (as Abraham did?)

God bless you, MM, give your wife (she is a blessing) a big hug from Hazel and me.

Thank you for sharing Abraham's Three Visitors.

Reactions: Musicmaster
If I may, there is another thought that occurred to me today when listening to Dr. John Barnett through the web...God's Judgement upon individuals and groups of individuals is based upon motive. The Lord sometimes uses affliction in the lives of His people for their good, but that is not the same thing as God's Judgement. They are not always one and the same. Dr. John MacArthur also had a new sermon released on the web we heard today, and he too differentiated, where God's people are concerned, the VAST difference between God's Judgement poured out upon Sodom and Gomorrah, and the afflictions arising from the evils running rampant in America today.

Do God's people suffer from the effects of evil in the world, and in our midst. Absolutely! Of that there is no doubt. Jesus spoke of those effect a number of times, as did the apostles, with themselves being victims, but when men teach that the afflictions upon believers are the result of God's judgement, that is where they clearly are wrong. I don't believe Bob was saying otherwise. The Lord can judge America, for example, by refusing to hold back the tides of evil, and thus our suffering various of the effects of that, but that is not God's direct judgement upon us, for that would put us all on the same level as the wicked, which is contrary to the very Nature of God given that He has declared us His own Righteousness in Christ Jesus. For Him to treat us otherwise, that would be a denial of His own Person, and He will never go against His own Self.

If and when the Lord pours DIRECTLY upon the nations the wrath of His indignation and Judgement, He will not leave us here to suffer the brunt of one bit of it, just as He did not allow His Judgement and indignation to fall upon Lot and his family. He had them miraculously removed from harm's way.

I hope that better clarifies this topic to the point that more people see deeper into the very nature and Glory of the Lord, and give Him praise accordingly.

MM

Reactions: bobinfaith

Blessings MM

Via,

It doesn't matter at what level anyone is at. All who have an interest in learning are invited, with open arms, to join in, ask questions, make observations, share verses, anything and everything from fellow believers is welcome. Seekers who wish to look into the deeper things in order to experience that drawing and embrace of a loving God who keeps His secret things hidden from the wise and prudent...that's why I'm in here. He reveals His deeper truths only to the simple, such as myself, and those who hearts desiring the meat of His word.

MM

• Smile
Reactions: Via dolarossa
Some times it seems like God is judging us such as when Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, or the righteous people who were also taken captive and led away to Babylon. However, God was putting His people where He needed them for future use. We know that Joseph was used in a mighty way and someone had to know the word of God to tell king Cyrus that he was prophesied about hundreds of years before (by name). Gods wrath is coming, but, not until we are removed. What we are seeing is exactly what the Bible told us we would be seeing in the end times. So, now is the time to let your light shine in this dark world and try to snatch the lost out of the fire.

Some times it seems like God is judging us such as when Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, or the righteous people who were also taken captive and led away to Babylon. However, God was putting His people where He needed them for future use. We know that Joseph was used in a mighty way and someone had to know the word of God to tell king Cyrus that he was prophesied about hundreds of years before (by name). Gods wrath is coming, but, not until we are removed. What we are seeing is exactly what the Bible told us we would be seeing in the end times. So, now is the time to let your light shine in this dark world and try to snatch the lost out of the fire.

I can relate to what you're saying here. Many times I have allowed myself to fall into the trap of blaming God for bad things being His judgements, when in fact they are actually natural outflows of the evils in our flesh and the flesh of other men and women.

In the case of Joseph, I think betting the money in my cloths is a sure thing when I say that had Joseph being sold into slavery were a hindrance to God's plans for him, then he would never gone away as a slave, but rather some other course would have taken place to get him where the Lord wanted him. Either way, rather than being God's judgement, it's God's providence and good pleasure to see that His ultimate plan for individuals and nations is worked out through the course of time and events.

The evil in culture and government is simply a natural flow, with the Lord holding back those things that would otherwise hinder His plans for individuals and nations.

Stay tuned for God's judgement and wrath soon to be poured out upon ONLY those who are worthy of such.

MM

• Agree
Reactions: Dave F.