A shocking story.....

I wasn't too sure where I should post this story, but here it is anyway and if any mod should consider it should be posted anywhere else no offence taken........
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, I don't know the situation in the USA however, over here in the UK, churches are coming up with all sorts of ideas in attempts to encourage more people into the fellowship, so to speak, which is admirable, however....
I just wonder how often the church decision makers of these policies consult the Bible prior to taking any action. In fact, taking this story into account, it appears they are not familiar with the Bible at all.

Anyway, the following story is quoted from the Daily Mail newspaper (again) over here in the UK.

Prepare yourselves.........
<quote>A Cathedral has sparked an unholy row after deciding to show films which include a graphic sex scene, full female nudity and a Pagan sacrifice.
The screening of cult horror movie "The Wicker Man" and the thriller "Don't Look Now" are part of a season called Quad in Residence at Derby Cathedral, England.
The Wicker Man, from 1973, includes notorious sex scenes in which Brit Ekland and Edward Woodward's character is burnt to death. Don't look now, also from 1973, includes a graphic sex scene which was cut by BBC television when it aired.
Steve Dunning, a church warden from the diocese, said: "I just think it isn't appropriate to show these things in a place of worship that is consecrated and hallowed."
But the Cathedral's dean, The Very Reverend Dr Stephen Hanse, said: "the first thing we're trying to do is open the cathedral to new people. It doesn't just belong to who go to church."
The films were chosen by Dr Alex Rock, of the nearby Quad cinema, a member of the congregation. He said "I thought this was a good opportunity to stimulate discussion around the space itself."
The season begins on September the 7th and includes the religious satire Monty Python's Life of Brian.(end quote>
(I'm unable to include an image of the original article as it was a few days after the article was published that I decided to post this story in, it's gone now, however it is word for word)

Regards.
weewillie

nick_zpsc5218834.gif
.....He's grinning with glee, right now.

I dònt know the situation in the usa either as dont live there, but my sister who lives in London said she went to church (and shes not a believer) when there was a business blessing, and the mayor and top business people would go in their limousines even though they only lived a few doors down from the church. I think there its more about the pomp and circumstance of tradition than any actual belief.

It is disturbing when church is treated as a show or theatre. Of course you can say well at least people are going to church...but what is the point if they do not hear the gospel. Ive been to some beautiful cathedrals and church buildings that do not have Gods presence or even a Bible in the pews. Some because they cost so much to maintain have a gift shop for tourists. Ive asked at a few and these tend to be anglican ones, do you have a Bible? And they do not, they only have prayer books.

Again, what profit it if a man gains the world but loses his own soul?

The same can be said for churches what does it profit the body of christ if it gains the world and loses its own soul. Was Jesus a sell-out? Did he peddle the gospel for cash so he could be popular? No way!

One would think after all the sexual scandal going on they would steer away from this junk. Sad.. very sad

Jim and i know a gentleman who lives in Derby...

In nz one thing that shocked me was going to visit a bible college and finding the librarian at the counter there didnt believe and didnt know where the Bibles were in their own library. You would think they would be right at the desk!

'Dont look now' if I recall is a Daphne du Maurier story and its about a murder in Venice. Why they would show this in church is a bit beyond me, ms du Mauriers writings were not about faith. Her most famous novel is Rebecca and about a wealthy man who murders his own wife and tries to cover it up. He marries again someone young and naive but doesnt tell her.

Ok according to wiki...'dont look now' the film is an occult thriller/horror. The plot is the married couple go to Venice to restore a church. The couple lost a daughter and when they go there some clairvoyants claim to be in contact with their dead daughter. (I havent seen this film).
Ok maybe there is a slight church connection. Restoring meaning the church building...i dont think they gothere for like a revival. But there are graphic sex scenes in this movie. I dont know how this movie glorifies God....

Maybe they ought to show something real like the movie Nefarious, about sex trafficking around the world. And how Jesus saves people from it.

I wasn't too sure where I should post this story, but here it is anyway and if any mod should consider it should be posted anywhere else no offence taken........
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, I don't know the situation in the USA however, over here in the UK, churches are coming up with all sorts of ideas in attempts to encourage more people into the fellowship, so to speak, which is admirable, however....
I just wonder how often the church decision makers of these policies consult the Bible prior to taking any action. In fact, taking this story into account, it appears they are not familiar with the Bible at all.

Anyway, the following story is quoted from the Daily Mail newspaper (again) over here in the UK.

Prepare yourselves.........
<quote>A Cathedral has sparked an unholy row after deciding to show films which include a graphic sex scene, full female nudity and a Pagan sacrifice.
The screening of cult horror movie "The Wicker Man" and the thriller "Don't Look Now" are part of a season called Quad in Residence at Derby Cathedral, England.
The Wicker Man, from 1973, includes notorious sex scenes in which Brit Ekland and Edward Woodward's character is burnt to death. Don't look now, also from 1973, includes a graphic sex scene which was cut by BBC television when it aired.
Steve Dunning, a church warden from the diocese, said: "I just think it isn't appropriate to show these things in a place of worship that is consecrated and hallowed."
But the Cathedral's dean, The Very Reverend Dr Stephen Hanse, said: "the first thing we're trying to do is open the cathedral to new people. It doesn't just belong to who go to church."
The films were chosen by Dr Alex Rock, of the nearby Quad cinema, a member of the congregation. He said "I thought this was a good opportunity to stimulate discussion around the space itself."
The season begins on September the 7th and includes the religious satire Monty Python's Life of Brian.(end quote>
(I'm unable to include an image of the original article as it was a few days after the article was published that I decided to post this story in, it's gone now, however it is word for word)

Regards.
weewillie

nick_zpsc5218834.gif
.....He's grinning with glee, right now.

Willie, 1 Thess. 5:22 says...………..
"Abstain from every form of evil".

My 1st thought would be that this church may not be a Christian church at all.

Consider 2 Tim. 3:1-5...………..
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away".

There are many things that happen in church buildings that are not christian and makes me think of Ichabod, i.e the glory has departed. So now they are just empty shells of buildings much like the temple was when God deserted it after people brought in idol worship.

Back