A day to honor the Father

Initially I thought setting aside a day to honor God our Father would be great, but one day each year is not enough. Everyday is a day that Our Father is deserving of great praise.

Setting aside a day in some ways marginalizes the remaining 364 days of the year. In many ways mothers should be honored and respected every day as well. Perhaps Thanksgiving should be a daily celebration rather once a year as well. What about Christmas we have a season of giving and remembering Christ, yet Christ and giving are things for which that season should never end.

What are your thoughts, opinions and stories?

Every day is the right day to honour God. Even the busiest person can set aside time with the Father. It isn't a burden it is a beautiful thing to look forward to every day. It doesn't have to be only once a day either.
If Jesus had only set aside one day a year to honour The Father I think we would all be in a pretty big mess.

OTOH I have heard, if every day is celebrated, then no day is special...

Romans 14:5 (KJV) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

But I agree, we should honor our heavenly Father 365/52/12/24/7.

I agree crossnote:
I used to love Christmas so much I left my decorations up longer than I should have when I was younger, all year sometimes. It was one big party. But, Then Christmas got boring.
I didn’t value the truth/ God so much then as valued my own happiness. And that’s like going down a dead end again and again. Not honouring God then meant I didn’t put the brakes on greed.
I once read Arthur Schopenhauer essay and he wrote on pain and boredom and he said that in the degree in which we are fortunate enough to get away from one, we head for the other. And it’s an oscillation between the 2.
Couldn’t have been more right in my case.

so yes, honouring God for me is about disciplining myself so I can balance my time and energy and not getting carried away by my impulses.

good topic👍

Last edited:
Initially I thought setting aside a day to honor God our Father would be great, but one day each year is not enough. Everyday is a day that Our Father is deserving of great praise.

Setting aside a day in some ways marginalizes the remaining 364 days of the year. In many ways mothers should be honored and respected every day as well. Perhaps Thanksgiving should be a daily celebration rather once a year as well. What about Christmas we have a season of giving and remembering Christ, yet Christ and giving are things for which that season should never end.

What are your thoughts, opinions and stories?

I am just so very glad that we have elected officials who with all the turmoil going on in our country took the time to make an official holiday that declare "slavery has ended".

I guess my history is wrong but I thought President Lincoln did that in 1865.

There are great reasons for setting up special days, but it can be a crutch for some. Sadly some only going to church for the special occasions like Easter and Christmas and don't show up the other days.

Honoring God every day it is possible to become aware of blessings not previously considered. To me it is like setting down for a meal. Meal times can be quick, tasteless and nothing special or they can be something new, wonderful, shared and pleasing to the senses while providing the energy necessary to get through the day. Prayer and study can be like that as well as we honor God or actually sometimes dishonor God.

Back