A Biblical rebuke to the prosperity gospel movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silk I am not trying to win you over. I have no desire to even try.
However the source behind the page - how much do ytou know about them ? Have you checked out everything they teach and claim and say ? How about what the ministry in question teaches -

Show me where scripture says we are to speak out all this false teacher stuff.

There are literally hundreds of web sites of ex followers, ex employees who say such things. I picked the one I did because it was backed by scripture and was softest and less harsh than the rest.

2Pe_2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Jer_14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Lam_2:14 Thy prophets have seen vain and foolish things for thee: and they have not discovered thine iniquity, to turn away thy captivity; but have seen for thee false burdens and causes of banishment.

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat_24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar_13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Luk_6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

2Pe_2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Very well done silk - you just proved my point for me.
No where does it say speak - talk - slander - HOWEVER what it does teach is God will take care of them - their fate is in His hands.

We have seen this - many ministries and pastors accused
Some fall and fade away - then there are those who get stronger and continue to see God working in them and through them but still the false accusations are spoke,

Why is this silk ? Because God will take care of His own - our JOB pray for them and lift them up. God is able to take care of His servants even those who people say are not His.

The pharisees and Jewish leaders did this alot - a very wise man rose and spoke - Acts 5:38-39
38... And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
39... But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God

Thats good advise for any one - Now then explain how going around pointing your finger at every preacher or ministry that you think is false is Biblical and not just another Christian busy body majoring on the gossip circuit

Have a blessed day

As far as being won over - no one is more amenable when shown she is wrong but that hasn't happened here. And not because I'm so in love with my own position. I love God and want what I learn and understand to conform to scripture. I rejoice when I am shown when I am in error - it brings me that much closer to God. I take no joy in typing what happened to me but I do so to try to help others. I have been wrong and accepting of lies too long in my life to not studiously look at what sounds good and what I want to hear as opposed to what God's word says. My goal is to be with God.

You cannot correct someone with silence. They will not correct themselves. You really are a selective reader.

There are literally hundreds of web sites of ex followers, ex employees who say such things. I picked the one I did because it was backed by scripture and was softest and less harsh than the rest.

There are literally hundreds of web sites of ex christians and deacons and pastors who say things as well. This proves nothing.
Look people like to take the easy way. Christians are no different or at least many of them.
They listen to a message or two or even attend places regularly but never give the word that is taught root. They never feed the word. They say they tried this and it failed them...Too funny because when it comes to faith or people saying this about living by faith - well here is the real deal

They Tried The Word and Failed The Word. The word did not fail they failed for if you are going to walk by faith it is a 24/7/365 thing. It is the same with anything else in His written word. Luke said lacks moisture. Those are the type of people who write such sites.
Blessings

I am so not impressed at how people here can take a 13-year-old boy and ply him with jaded and false ideas about something that they despise based only on hearsay, innuendo and internet blather. Now he has been influenced by hearsay, innuendo and internet blather.

Jesus said for us to go and reproduce, making disciples, but not this kind of reproduction.

Nice going.

I am so not impressed at how people here can take a 13-year-old boy and ply him with jaded and false ideas about something that they despise based only on hearsay, innuendo and internet blather. Now he has been influenced by hearsay, innuendo and internet blather.
I saw lots of scripture being used to back up their beliefs. I don't believe that scripture is hearsay or blather.

Thats good advise for any one - Now then explain how going around pointing your finger at every preacher or ministry that you think is false is Biblical and not just another Christian busy body majoring on the gossip circuit
Jim - without me taking a side on this issue, I am curious to know something. If you learned of a church that you knew in your heart was preaching a false Gospel, would you stay silent on it, or speak up?

I saw lots of scripture being used to back up their beliefs. I don't believe that scripture is hearsay or blather.
No but how and where you use it does not make it correct. I can use scripture and sayings to show that you should not do this or that. Does it make it correct ? No sir it makes the scripture to be used out of context to make ones point.

Jim - without me taking a side on this issue, I am curious to know something. If you learned of a church that you knew in your heart was preaching a false Gospel, would you stay silent on it, or speak up?
Hello John,
I would do what we are taught in Gods word.
See John there is a thing called walking in Love. Praying for our enemies and not judging the brethren.

What do I mean with all of this - Well John it is quite simple really. I go to my Heavenly Father in Prayer. I seek Him with the attitude I am NOT going to do anything until I hear from you other then pray and lift them up. To be honest we do not have the right to correct pastors and servants of God.

If we see a brother in error then if it is not going to get him hurt right then and there we take it to God in prayer. We soak this situation in prayer and First get Gods word working on our behalf or the situation at hand. Then we follow His instructions. This is Gods way and mans way is to take it upon himself and think he is doing Gods work.

This is my answer to you John
Have a blessed week and any more fish of late ?
God Bless
Jim

I think one of the disagreement/confusion is acknowledging each other….

An issue was raised:
Does it exists? Yes or No. Paul clearly says it does exist….
If Yes, is it true to all examples? I don’t think so..

Now, in so doing, reminding it does exists:
the counter argument is : instead of not true to all, the seems to be understood as “it does not exists”….

Thus: a suggestion:
"acknowledge" it does exist.
"acknowledge" it is not true to all
"acknowledge" that those not included in the latter, have its divine purpose...

No but how and where you use it does not make it correct. I can use scripture and sayings to show that you should not do this or that. Does it make it correct ? No sir it makes the scripture to be used out of context to make ones point.
I suppose the same could be said by someone disagreeing with you. They could simply claim that your side is the one taking scripture out of context. It actually seems to be a common ploy, from what I have seen anyway. Someone says, you're just saying that. Show me the scripture to back that up, and then they do, and the reply is, well you're taking that out of context. That's why these Internet debates always end in a stalemate. I don't think I've ever seen one of these end with the other side saying, "you know what, you're right. I'm going to completely change everything I believe."

duty_calls.png

Jesus said for us to go and reproduce, making disciples, but not this kind of reproduction.

Nice going.
Amen !!
Thank YOU

Hello John,
I would do what we are taught in Gods word.
See John there is a thing called walking in Love. Praying for our enemies and not judging the brethren.

What do I mean with all of this - Well John it is quite simple really. I go to my Heavenly Father in Prayer. I seek Him with the attitude I am NOT going to do anything until I hear from you other then pray and lift them up. To be honest we do not have the right to correct pastors and servants of God.

If we see a brother in error then if it is not going to get him hurt right then and there we take it to God in prayer. We soak this situation in prayer and First get Gods word working on our behalf or the situation at hand. Then we follow His instructions. This is Gods way and mans way is to take it upon himself and think he is doing Gods work.

This is my answer to you John
Have a blessed week and any more fish of late ?
God Bless
Jim
See the part in bold, Jim? Do you not think that God works through man? What if the person you are speaking with WAS led by God and IS following God's instructions after having taken it to God in prayer?

Also, for my education, Jim, could you point me to the verse that says that we don't have the right to correct pastors and servants of God? I am not familiar with that one and would like to learn it. So far example, when a very prominent pastor was caught in the last couple of years soliciting male prostitutes and using meth, no one in his congregation could have called him out on it? Or the priests who molested children?

I suppose the same could be said by someone disagreeing with you. They could simply claim that your side is the one taking scripture out of context. It actually seems to be a common ploy, from what I have seen anyway. Someone says, you're just saying that. Show me the scripture to back that up, and then they do, and the reply is, well you're taking that out of context. That's why these Internet debates always end in a stalemate. I don't think I've ever seen one of these end with the other side saying, "you know what, you're right. I'm going to completely change everything I believe."

duty_calls.png

Yea it happens. I agree about not getting any place but as a wise man just told me a few minutes ago- all we can do is plant the seed and let God work in their hearts. I just have a hard time with all the judging that people think we are to do and all the finger pointing as if we must speak aught out against.

God said to for give if ye have any aught against Any - He did not say only those who you feel are correct. So if we forgive them how then can we blast them and drag them down with our words ? We pray and lift them upand God takes care of His own. If He wants you or I to say something about them then He will say son or daughter go say this and only this for we are not to add to or take away from what he said to say.

From what I read - even though I am a believer and believing is what I do - I have a very hard time beleiving God told them this or that. Not applying this to Any One in general.
God Bless and cute pic

So if we forgive them how then can we blast them and drag them down with our words ? We pray and lift them upand God takes care of His own.
So again - if for example, I hear a pastor preaching that Jesus is not the only path to salvation, I should not speak out against him, I should just pray and then keep silent? I want to make sure I understand what you are teaching.

From what I read - even though I am a believer and believing is what I do - I have a very hard time beleiving God told them this or that. Not applying this to Any One in general.
Yeah, I get this Jim. But you see, He or she might be thinking the exact same thing about you! It's a quandary . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back