We Lose Here...is MacArthur's Message.

Ok, so who really wins? I agree with John that we do lose here when striving from our own strength, and as opposed to the name-it-claim-it false Gospel. Yes.

However, I disagree with John on the following basis:

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

So, where it's true that we are not the ones who win the victories, but rather Christ in His Strength, we DO win in this life, in Christ.

Just wanted to add the balance in the message that wasn't there in the short clip provided.

How about you? What victories have you been a part of in this life that clearly were/are of Christ?

MM

Ok, so who really wins? I agree with John that we do lose here when striving from our own strength, and as opposed to the name-it-claim-it false Gospel. Yes.

So, where it's true that we are not the ones who win the victories, but rather Christ in His Strength, we DO win in this life, in Christ.

Just wanted to add the balance in the message that wasn't there in the short clip provided.

How about you? What victories have you been a part of in this life that clearly were/are of Christ?

MM

The first verse that flashed across the screen was...

2 Timothy 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

So I think MacArthur was referring to persecution.

Another possible reference...

Romans 8:36
As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

but yeah, here and now 'we lose' in the world's eyes, but ultimately 'we win'.

MM

We lose battles all the time, but we have already won the war!

Back