The Two Witnesses

Just so everyone understands, my main thrust in all this is to practice, and show, a systematic approach whereby we try to take into consideration all things that deal with either the people, the topic, or both, in our reach for understanding of the deeper things. When striving for understanding of even peripheral topics that are not central to the faith, such as this item about the two witnesses, what rises to the surface are insights into the consistency and trustworthiness of God's word.

MM

Just so everyone understands, my main thrust in all this is to practice, and show, a systematic approach whereby we try to take into consideration all things that deal with either the people, the topic, or both, in our reach for understanding of the deeper things. When striving for understanding of even peripheral topics that are not central to the faith, such as this item about the two witnesses, what rises to the surface are insights into the consistency and trustworthiness of God's word.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

I understand you, brother. May I suggest a conclusion to your doctrinal discussion. Others who posted can expand from your original teaching but to help others learn the main purpose of The Two Witnesses.

God bless you, MM.

Thanks, Bob.

The conclusion to it all is.....I'm right and y'all are wrong!

:p

Nah. Just kiddin'.

Holistically, it matters not at all as to the identity of the two witnesses, but, as I stated in post #21, this is a great exercise, or object example, of searching ALL of scripture, taking in both related and non-related items and topics throughout that help to paint the entire spectrum of color and outlines for the portrait behind any doctrinal stance. I don't really consider the identity of the two witnesses to be necessarily a "doctrine" so much as a glimpse into a period of time that we're not going to be here anyway.

For those who believe they WILL be here, or who WANT to be here during that time, go for it. That's a level of adventure that I don't covet. Major pointed out his proof texts, and I provided some as well, along with some things that aren't necessarily spelled out verbatim within the verses quoted, but are more along the line of "logical conclusion."

I fully support the Lord's own practice of leaving some things shrouded in the mists of "Y'all don't need to know this! I isn't important for you!"

Oops! See that? Some things during the tribulation period simply aren't revealed in language that paints for us a concrete image...some of which is because, well, we aren't going to be here anyway...

But, that's just my take on it. If anyone has some additional observations, questions, or just plain funnin', please pipe in.

MM

Thanks, Bob.

The conclusion to it all is.....I'm right and y'all are wrong!

:p

Nah. Just kiddin'.

Holistically, it matters not at all as to the identity of the two witnesses, but, as I stated in post #21, this is a great exercise, or object example, of searching ALL of scripture, taking in both related and non-related items and topics throughout that help to paint the entire spectrum of color and outlines for the portrait behind any doctrinal stance. I don't really consider the identity of the two witnesses to be necessarily a "doctrine" so much as a glimpse into a period of time that we're not going to be here anyway.

For those who believe they WILL be here, or who WANT to be here during that time, go for it. That's a level of adventure that I don't covet. Major pointed out his proof texts, and I provided some as well, along with some things that aren't necessarily spelled out verbatim within the verses quoted, but are more along the line of "logical conclusion."

I fully support the Lord's own practice of leaving some things shrouded in the mists of "Y'all don't need to know this! I isn't important for you!"

Oops! See that? Some things during the tribulation period simply aren't revealed in language that paints for us a concrete image...some of which is because, well, we aren't going to be here anyway...

But, that's just my take on it. If anyone has some additional observations, questions, or just plain funnin', please pipe in.

MM
I Agree 100 per ¢ !!!!

We just be bantering back and forth over something that does not matter and in fact, IMHO, we (Christians) will not be here to know one way or the other.

We as Christians will NOT know who the Anti-Christ is or the TWO witnesses, or NONE of the 144 K.

So THAT is why we have to discuss them now because there will be no later for us to observe.
(Observe may be the wrong word here. Take notice may be the best idea).

I Agree 100 per ¢ !!!!

We just be bantering back and forth over something that does not matter and in fact, IMHO, we (Christians) will not be here to know one way or the other.

We as Christians will NOT know who the Anti-Christ is or the TWO witnesses, or NONE of the 144 K.

So THAT is why we have to discuss them now because there will be no later for us to observe.
(Observe may be the wrong word here. Take notice may be the best idea).

The problem is all those people who will be here to enjoy the outflow of God's wrath. Some are reserved FROM it, and most are reserved FOR it. The Vatican teaches its followers that they will all be here through it. Hey, more power to them....because they're going to need it!

MM

The problem is all those people who will be here to enjoy the outflow of God's wrath. Some are reserved FROM it, and most are reserved FOR it. The Vatican teaches its followers that they will all be here through it. Hey, more power to them....because they're going to need it!

MM
Amen brother.

I have several Catholic friends and they have NO concept of what we are talking about. Its the same people who look at me like I just shot their dog when the idea of "Born Again" comes up!

Back