Russia Will Attack Israel!!!

That is not because ABC, or Fox or CNN said so. It because Good said so in Ezekiel 38:1-5.........
"And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet".

While the word “Russia” does not exist in the Bible, the reference to “Rosh” in Ezekiel 38:2 is a shortened version of the word Russia.
This can be determined linguistically and geographically, David Jeremiah explained. .....
“The Bible describes Rosh as being far to the north of Israel, which was the reference point for Ezekiel’s original audience.”

In both Ezekiel and the Book of Daniel, the end-times aggressor is described as coming from the north: “King of the North” in Daniel and “from the far north” in Ezekiel. Russia is the only modern nation to match this description.

Russia is also linked to the Final Battle of Gog and Magog, but that is a separate conflict involving ALL the nations of the earth. That second conflict which according to the Bible will be a massive military attack against Israel and will be AFTER the 1000 year rule of Christ.

The question is........WHEN will the battle of Ezkiel 38 take place???

Personally I believe that it will happen before the 7 Year Tribulation of Daniel and before the removal of the church.

Now notice that Ezekiel 39:9-10 informs us that the Israelis will be burning enemy weapons for seven-years. Is it then a coinsidence that the Tribulation Period is SEVEN YEARS?????? This national endeavor could occur throughout the pseudo period.
Wouldn't there have to be a WAR so that there would be enemy weapons left over after some kind of conflict????

Do you think that it is a coincidence that Russia invaded Georgia???
Do you think that it is a coincidence that Russia invaded Crimea???
Do you think that it is a coincidence that Russia invaded Ukraine??

R.22255043c4ff4c82ddac9be5625e50ee

Please give your understanding and PLEASE, no arguing!

It is my contention that the Russian Invasion/Attack of Israel will take place at a point very close to the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy. I also believe that the RAPTURE will be very close to this event and then the A/C will be revealed.

The A/C will come forward with his solution to the tension in the Middle East and will make his infamous 7 year peace treaty with Israel.

Daniel's 70th week is calculated to the last 7 years during the great end time prophecies and will run their course until the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Ezekiel is a contemporary of Daniel and Ezekiel says in chapter 39 that Israel will spend 7 years gathering up the debris from the Russian invasion to use as fuel. Could Daniel's 70th week and Ezekiel's 7 years refer to the same time period??????

Personally, I believe that is highly plausible and is the reason why I suggest that the Russian invasion of Israel will take place sometime before the tribulation begins and the A/C is revealed.

Could it be that the annihilation of Russia as a military force will set the stage for the A/C to rise to power? He represents the Revived Roman Empire which may just actually be what we now call NATO!

Israel would be ripe for some peacemaker after the experience of the Russian invasion, even in victory.

Only in these days of computers and cell phones with their numerical designations like credit cards and social security can we fully appreciate a world wide financial system. It used to take a lot of imagination to grasp how the A/C could ever do such a thing. However we now see that it is not only possible, but very probable. In fact it seems that it is a great improvement over what was available to us in the past.

Now, do not misunderstand what I am saying......Armageddon will take place exactly when God says it will. It is my opinion that Armageddon will come about by mismanagement by the A/C.

He will 1st deliver on his promise to Israe with PEACE which will be seen in the First 3 and 1/2 years of the 7 Year Tribulation Time frame.
During that time he will set up an effective world domination by steadily gaining economic and political power over all nations.
Everyone will buy in just as stated in Revelation 13:17 and even the very elect----The JEWS---- will be fooled.

I believe that he will not be able to control his lust for power. When his total socio-politico-economic system is functioning on a sucessful and worldwide scale, he will make the decision that he needs a "TITLE".

It is then that he will proclaim himself as GOD!

2 Thess. 2:4...............
"who (A/C) opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

The question is........WHEN will the battle of Ezkiel 38 take place???
It is my contention that the Russian Invasion/Attack of Israel will take place at a point very close to the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy. I also believe that the RAPTURE will be very close to this event and then the A/C will be revealed.

Hello Major;

Thank you for your good study and sharing with us. I find the closest description of Magog being today's Russia. I study the Rapture as you have but in all honesty I personally don't know when the battle of Ezekiel 38 will take place.

I will share my thoughts from another angle. In my heart I don't feel Russia as a whole country is Jesus believing. One strike against them.

The Russian government as a whole are known for persecuting and jailing missionaries and ministers. How much more the children in their own country? They have long ignored Jesus' warning. Two strikes against them.

Luke 18:16-17, 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

When we hinder anyone whether child or adult the opportunity to know Jesus, it keeps them from learning to repent from sin and walk in obedience to our Lord. And;

Matthew 18:6, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Should Russia invade Israel it will be very difficult for the Jewish nation. It will take God's promise of protection over His people and nation, for example, when the Jewish state was born in 1948 against a failed and defeated invasion by Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt.

Does God not protect His own from an ungodly enemy? He will reveal His Glory against any nation that has historically accumulated strikes one and two.

Again, I don't know when Ezekiel 38 will take place nor do I believe God reveals the future for our individual lives. Therefore, each day we wake up, continue to live for Christ, desire growth in our daily relationship and walk with Him, strive for obedience, repent from our wicked ways and focus on His Almighty plans earnestly.

God bless you, Major and your family.

Hello Major;

Thank you for your good study and sharing with us. I find the closest description of Magog being today's Russia. I study the Rapture as you have but in all honesty I personally don't know when the battle of Ezekiel 38 will take place.

I will share my thoughts from another angle. In my heart I don't feel Russia as a whole country is Jesus believing. One strike against them.

The Russian government as a whole are known for persecuting and jailing missionaries and ministers. How much more the children in their own country? They have long ignored Jesus' warning. Two strikes against them.

Luke 18:16-17, 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

When we hinder anyone whether child or adult the opportunity to know Jesus, it keeps them from learning to repent from sin and walk in obedience to our Lord. And;

Matthew 18:6, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Should Russia invade Israel it will be very difficult for the Jewish nation. It will take God's promise of protection over His people and nation, for example, when the Jewish state was born in 1948 against a failed and defeated invasion by Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt.

Does God not protect His own from an ungodly enemy? He will reveal His Glory against any nation that has historically accumulated strikes one and two.

Again, I don't know when Ezekiel 38 will take place nor do I believe God reveals the future for our individual lives. Therefore, each day we wake up, continue to live for Christ, desire growth in our daily relationship and walk with Him, strive for obedience, repent from our wicked ways and focus on His Almighty plans earnestly.

God bless you, Major and your family.
The key, I believe, is the satanic presence that indwelt many of the Russian leaders for so many years. In several Old Testament prophecies, God’s proclamation of judgment went far beyond the immediate kingdom to the spirit of Satan that controlled the rulers.

Personally I believe that it will happen before the 7 Year Tribulation of Daniel and before the removal of the church.
Let me put this forward to you...
Since Ezekiel's prophecy is before the Church age, and the Church is gone during the Tribulation, wouldn't Ezekiel's prophecy most likely happen during or near the beginning of 'Jacob's Trouble' (Jewish dispensation)?

Let me put this forward to you...
Since Ezekiel's prophecy is before the Church age, and the Church is gone during the Tribulation, wouldn't Ezekiel's prophecy most likely happen during or near the beginning of 'Jacob's Trouble' (Jewish dispensation)?
YES.

It only "my" opinion, but I think the Church must be removed so the A/C can be known and do his work. Since there must be a war to have a peace treaty, it seems to me that it must take place right after the Church is removed or just before.

You see brother, there is not one single prophetic thing that must happen till the Church is taken out of the way.
Everything in the Revelation, after chapter 4 is after the Rapture.

This view points to the fact that, after the battle, the people of Israel will be burning the enemy’s weapons for seven years and spend over seven months burying the dead (Ezekiel 39:9–10, 12–16). That length of time most likely requires the battle to be fought before the tribulation, and possibly even before the rapture of the church.

Also, for the Abomination of Desolation Jesus told us of to take place, there must be a re-built Temple in Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Hello Major;

Many disciples who study the things to come according to the Bible tremble because we may not know how to respond in our walk with Christ.

What is an encouraging message you have for all of us?

God bless you, brother.

YES.

It only "my" opinion, but I think the Church must be removed so the A/C can be known and do his work. Since there must be a war to have a peace treaty, it seems to me that it must take place right after the Church is removed or just before.

You see brother, there is not one single prophetic thing that must happen till the Church is taken out of the way.
Everything in the Revelation, after chapter 4 is after the Rapture.

This view points to the fact that, after the battle, the people of Israel will be burning the enemy’s weapons for seven years and spend over seven months burying the dead (Ezekiel 39:9–10, 12–16). That length of time most likely requires the battle to be fought before the tribulation, and possibly even before the rapture of the church.

Also, for the Abomination of Desolation Jesus told us of to take place, there must be a re-built Temple in Jerusalem.
Ok, I realize that some teach that no OT prophecy happens (from Pentecost to the rapture), so IF they are correct that would put Ezek 38 after the r and into the Trib. ¿n'est pas?

Hello Major;

Many disciples who study the things to come according to the Bible tremble because we may not know how to respond in our walk with Christ.

What is an encouraging message you have for all of us?

God bless you, brother.

Luke 21:28​

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”
Fulfilled prophecy is proof of God. It also proves that God spoke through the writing of His prophets as recorded in the Bible for our benefit today. Fulfilled prophecy should motivate us to look at the prophecies of the future and realize that they will come to pass as well. Proving that God exists is just the first step.

Which is what I stated. The R and then Ez. 38.
It's just in your op you stated

"The question is........WHEN will the battle of Ezkiel 38 take place???
Personally I believe that it will happen before the 7 Year Tribulation of Daniel and before the removal of the church."

I apologize for my dyslexia, I get befores/afters turned around.

Last edited:

Luke 21:28​

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”
Fulfilled prophecy is proof of God. It also proves that God spoke through the writing of His prophets as recorded in the Bible for our benefit today. Fulfilled prophecy should motivate us to look at the prophecies of the future and realize that they will come to pass as well. Proving that God exists is just the first step.
Robert, the real question that has confounded Bible scholars for centuries, is this.....Are there TWO or ONE Gog and Magog conflicts???

It is my understanding that there are TWO distinct conflicts. One in Ezekiel 38-39 and the Other in Revelation 20.

A close look at the two verses in Ezekiel 38:2 and 39:6 that mention Magog suggests that they may not be referring to a person at all—but to a place or a nation.
Ezekiel 38:2 refers to “the land of Magog,” and Ezekiel 39:6 says that God “will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands.”
**************CONTEXT!!!!!*********
Genesis 10:1-2.............

“Now this is the genealogy of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And sons were born to them after the flood. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras”.

Magog was a real person, born after the flood to Noah’s son, Japheth. So MAGOG was a grandson of Noah.

Chronicles 5:4 says.......
“The sons of Joel were Shemiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son. . . .”.
So, according to this verse, Gog was a grandson of someone named Joel, who was a descendant of Reuben, the son of Jacob.

Now Jacob and his twelve sons lived a long time after the flood—centuries later, in fact (see Genesis 11). So Gog, a descendant of Reuben, would have been born even later. Therefore, Gog could not have been living at the same time as Noah’s grandson, Magog; they were separated by hundreds of years.

I for one believe that the conflict of Ezekiel 38, takes place before the Great Tribulation. I also believe it has to be there for a couple of reasons.

#1. IF it takes place then, it protects the chronological integrity of the Book of Ezekiel, since Chapters 38 and 39 appear before Ezekiel’s 9 chapter prophecy of the Millennium.

#2. I believe the battle of chapters 38-39 serves as Israel’s wake up call, bringing them back into their covenant relationship with God as seen in Ez. 39:22. That would then pave the way for the commencement of Daniel’s 70th Week.

Then the conflict in Rev. 20 is to Satan’s last effort against God and brings the Millennium to a close. It will be 1000 years AFTER Armageddon. As you might know I believe that Gog is a supernatural figure, perhaps the General of Satan’s army, who leads both battles. In Ezekiel 38 Magog is normally associated with the Russians. But since Rev. 20:8 says that Satan’s army will come from the four corners of Earth, Magog is more likely used there in it’s widest sense, referring to all Gentile nations.

KEY TO UNDERSTANDING !!!!!

There is no historical record of a war or Israel being attacked by the forces of a ruler named “Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal” (Ezekiel 38:2). But whoever or whatever Ezekiel may have been talking about, it’s clear that he is talking about a force that was opposed to God and His people—an enemy who would fight against Israel only to be destroyed, by God. And that’s what we also find in the last book of the Bible that mentions God and Magog.

Rev. 20:7-9...........
“Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them".

This verse is the only verse in the Bible that actually mentions the phrase “Gog and Magog” together. This is where the two names are linked together in our minds. Elsewhere in the Bible, they are mentioned separately—except for Ezekiel 38:2, which refers to “Gog of the land of Magog.”

* One interesting point to note is that neither Ezekiel 38-39 nor Revelation 20 mentions a war or battle at Armageddon or Megiddo.

Personally I believe that it will happen before the 7 Year Tribulation of Daniel and before the removal of the church."

No worries brother!

In 2 Thess. 2:4 God said...........
"He (A/C) as God sitteth in the temple of God showing himself that he is God".

CONTEXT explains how several events are needed to take place before this part of the end of days, including the appearance of a "man of lawlessness."

In this verse Paul tells his readers what the man of lawlessness (A/C) does when he is revealed. He sets himself against God and the worship of God. He sits in the temple and declares that he is God.

What that in essence tells us is that for the A/C to sit in the temple, there must be a TEMPLE. There is as of today NO Jesish Temple.
The Muslim worship site..."The Temple of the Dome of the Rock" sits on top of the temple mount.

Jews may offer sacrifices only on the location on which Solomon built the original temple (2 Chron. 7:12; 1 Kings 9:3).
The Dome of the Rock, an Islam sacred mosque, has been standing on that location for over 1,300 years.

That means it has to go away. IMHO.......Syria and the Dome of The Rock will be destroyed similtanisely.

Jews may offer sacrifices only on the location on which Solomon built the original temple (2 Chron. 7:12; 1 Kings 9:3).
The Dome of the Rock, an Islam sacred mosque, has been standing on that location for over 1,300 years.

That means it has to go away. IMHO.......Syria and the Dome of The Rock will be destroyed similtanisely.
Perhaps this...

Ezekiel 38:19-20 NKJV
For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: 'Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, [20] so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.'

Perhaps this...

Ezekiel 38:19-20 NKJV
For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: 'Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, [20] so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.'

Agree. Verse 18 says.........“And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord GOD,"

Back