Maybe a Silly Question, But...?

This may be a silly question but what does it mean to be saved? Specifically, what does it mean to be saved versus not saved?
Someone could write a book to answer such a profound question, but I'm by nature quite concise, so I'll be brief.

1. To be saved means one has been adopted into God's intimate family.

2. To be unsaved means that presently one is not a member of God's family, but instead is a member of Satan's general family.

God bless ya.

To be saved is to be touched by the God. His spirit brings our Spirit back to life into union with him. A bit like Michael Angelos painting where the finger of God touches Adam bringing into union with him. Adam never his lost spiritual union with God

Saved is making a commitment to trust in God, an openness to God's direction and wanting His will for your life. It is the intention to turn over the direction of your life to the Holy Spirit.
Not Saved is remaining in the depraved existence you are in and saying No to God's grace and the Holy Spirit's prodding and not believing Jesus did what He did for you.

This may be a silly question but what does it mean to be saved? Specifically, what does it mean to be saved versus not saved?
Simple answer is that when you are saved.........YOU will not stand in front of God to be Judged. YOU are "Saved" from the judgment!

2 Corth 5:10........
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. "

Believers will not be judged for sin at the judgment seat of Christ. Every sin of every believer was judged at the Cross, when God “made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Cor. 5:21).

At the cross “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us” (Gal. 3:13).

As our substitute, “He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness” (1 Peter 2:24); “

Hi LearningToLetGo ( something I am always working at btw) I think being saved is when a person understands that we are sinners, accepts the message of Christs death and resurrection on our behalf and recieves him as his/her person Lord and savior. Saved by grace through faith but that is just the beginning of the journey, next step is becoming more like Christ and less like the world. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God will help us along the way....

- so not saved is when the above experience has not happened yet.

To be saved, to me, means to be on receiving end of God's grace. Through his compassion and forgiveness, one can now be closer to him.

LearningToLetGo ( something I am always working at btw) I think being saved is when a person understands that we are sinners, accepts the message of Christs death and resurrection on our behalf and recieves him as his/her person Lord and savior. Saved by grace through faith but that is just the beginning of the journey, next step is becoming more like Christ and less like the world. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God will help us along the way....- so not saved is when the above experience has not happened yet.
To be saved, to me, means to be on receiving end of God's grace. Through his compassion and forgiveness, one can now be closer to him.

Good morning;

Everyone has provided great posts to being saved and what others read will minister and encourage them.

What about the brother or sister who got saved, at first they're excited and feel refreshed all over. But right after that there is noone to followup with them? "What is the next step?"

I have been approached by a member or there in the Church and ask, how do I become more like Christ? How come I don't feel His compassion and forgiveness? How come I feel attacked on the inside? Am I really saved?

It's wonderful to witness a new believer who receives Christ but it's important that they know their ministry begins. It doesn't always have to be the pastoral leadership, but a brother or sister who can come beside them and be that support in their Christian babe stage.

The wonderful thing about Christ is we who are saved can start over anytime we hit a bump in the road.

Thoughts?

God bless you all and Happy Resurrection.

Bob

The wonderful thing about Christ is we who are saved can start over anytime we hit a bump in the road.

Thoughts?
romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you. we also have a advocate

1 John 2:2
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

new converts and old alike needs to know what to do in case of emergency there will always be bumps and falls the prodigal sons father didnt turn him away . he came home smelling like pigs the father embraced him.

a scripture to store in memory proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Hi bobinfaith. That is a good question. Back in the day I found it difficult to find someone to disciple new believers after leading them to Christ, particularly when they were from another area. This mean't that I would have to disciple them for a time until we found a place for them to fellowship and grow in their salvation.

Salvation of souls is a double-edged sword. It requires that those who lead souls to salvation, need to also ensure that the new believer is settled in a bible believing and HS led church or home group. Jm2c ❤️

Hi bobinfaith. That is a good question. Back in the day I found it difficult to find someone to disciple new believers after leading them to Christ, particularly when they were from another area. This mean't that I would have to disciple them for a time until we found a place for them to fellowship and grow in their salvation. Salvation of souls is a double-edged sword. It requires that those who lead souls to salvation, need to also ensure that the new believer is settled in a bible believing and HS led church or home group. Jm2c ❤️

Hello miracles;

Amen. My wife together or alone would meet with the new believer for coffee, lunch, a walk at the beach or pier and just hang out. At some point we would talk Jesus. What is cool is they would start showing up for Bible study or Church on Sunday.

The double edge sword is true. I find the new believer ministers to me with their testimony and what they have learned arly.

God bless
you, miracles and Happy Resurrection!

Back