If not for Christ's coming

If not for Christ's coming that first Christmas long ago, we would have no victory songs to sing, if not for the Cross we would all be lost in sin and forgotten in the pages of history.
If not for the love of the Father we would not have the one and only begotten son as our Saviour.
If not for God's Grace Calvary's Cross would have brought no Peace, His living Word unspoken, the tomb unopened and the pathway to Heaven unclear, unknown.
If not for a compassionate God life would not be worth living now, our lives lost forever filled with pain and suffering beyond what we could bear.
If not for the King of Kings how would we be forgiven, how would we appease God's conditions decreed on Mt. Sinai long ago.
Thankfully He came, He died and He rose again. HE LIVES FOREVERMORE!
There is only one gift worth opening this Christmas, God's gift of love all wrapped up in Christ's blood.
He is the answer to every question, the voice of one crying out in Wilderness "Come unto Me."
Tsavah2

A short while ago I was struggling with depression and anxiety and I cried out to the Lord, the following is what I believe was His response. Firstly I want to say that I am no more special than anyone else, if we listen I believe God speaks to all His children, Jesus said "my sheep know my voice." The reason I share this now is because I feel it was not only an encouragement for me but also for all who believe and accept this message in faith and the spirit it is shared.

"Lord why is all this happening?"

"It's not about you ! "

"Lord who is it about?"

"It's all about Me ! "

"What do you want me to do ?"

"Stop worrying ! "

I then prayed:

"Lord I don't think I'm strong enough."

"I am ! "

To me all the prophecies of our Lord's coming, His sacrifice and victory at Calvary and His imminent return is a testimony to what I believe I received from the Lord in my time of need, it is not about me it is about the sovereignty of God. In His Amazing Grace he not only sent His one and only son as a sacrifice of His love for us He is also aware of our deepest cries, He said He would never leave us or forsake us. From the opening pages of His word until the last page one can't help but see 'It is all about His love for His creation, it is His sovereign decrees through His expression of love that seeks out the lost and broken-hearted, it is His desire to see all His children find their way home, His love will ensure this. Sadly much of the world is still in darkness, but take heart He has come so that they may see the light and the darkness be dispelled.
Tsavah2

Also, if not for the promise of His Coming back (His return/2nd Coming etc.) to transform/rescue our bodies, we would be left here without hope.
Amen! Hope to carry us through difficult times and challenges because we know that:

2 Corinthians 4: 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

God Bless You :)

Also, if not for the promise of His Coming back (His return/2nd Coming etc.) to transform/rescue our bodies, we would be left here without hope.
Amen! Hope to carry us through difficult times and challenges because we know that: 2 Corinthians 4: 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
God Bless You :)

Hello crossnote and Fillan;

You both brought up hope which is KEY. We all have circumstances that happen suddenly, many times it may not be pleasant. We may get discouraged for a moment. But when we grasp the meaning of hope be it a Scripture, someone sharing, or a post we may read gives us the reason that no matter the situation God is doing what He always does. He gets us through it all.

God bless
you, brothers, and thank you for sharing.

Bob

Hello crossnote and Fillan;

You both brought up hope which is KEY. We all have circumstances that happen suddenly, many times it may not be pleasant. We may get discouraged for a moment. But when we grasp the meaning of hope be it a Scripture, someone sharing, or a post we may read gives us the reason that no matter the situation God is doing what He always does. He gets us through it all.

God bless
you, brothers, and thank you for sharing.

Bob
psst, hey Bob, you wanna know a secret? (Jesus our Hope)
1 Timothy 1:1 NKJV
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,

HAHAHAHAHA.... just seeing this now... This reminded me of passing notes in school. HAHAHAHA.
:) have you ever watched Truman Capote's "Christmas Memory"? It is a cute/sad story, but there is a character in it who reminds me of your HAHAs' called 'Mr. Haha Jones'.
Blessings. :)

have you ever watched Truman Capote's "Christmas Memory"? It is a cute/sad story, but there is a character in it who reminds me of your HAHAs' called 'Mr. Haha Jones'.
As I was reading the story.... it sounded so familiar yet I had no idea why.... and then all of a sudden... I realized that I actually watched part of this movie about 4 weeks ago. HAHAHA.... My favorite part of the movie was the scene where they feed some of the whiskey to the dog and he passes out with his paws in the air and his teeth hanging out. HAHAHAHA.

Back