DANIEL - A Verse by VERSE BIBLE STUDY

Daniel was so correct in what he wrote that in the church today, his book is widely rejected due to fact it is said that he wrote it AFTER the fact.

I thought that I would go through the book of Daniel verse by verse as there are moral lessons to be learned as well as historical and political issues.

I believe that there are 3 words that you will find that characterize Daniel and his life.........
1. PURPOSE.
2. PRAYER.
3. PROPHECY.

If we get a lot of VIEWS and COMMENTS, I will be glad to go on. If not I will let the study die.

Daniel 1:1...............
"In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god."

Who wrote the Book of Daniel???? The answer is given in chapters 8:1---9:2 & 10:2 and it was Daniel. Jesus also confirmed it was Daniel in Matthew 24:15.
Also, the Dead Sea Scrolls have validated the fact of an early date for Daniel so as to confirm that ir was written BEFORE the events took place.

We see that Jehoiakim was the king in Jerusalem.

Nebuchadnezzar was the king of Babylon and he invaded Israel in 605 B.C.

When Nebuchadnezzar came against Egypt at Carchemeish and defeated them, he went on to make Judah and Syria and the surrounding nations his subjects to the Babloonian Empire. This action was part of Judah's SEVENTY YEARS (70) of captivity that Jeremiah detailed in his book 25:1-11.

We will see as we progress that this 70 years is the basis for the End of the Age SEVEN (7) years of Tribulation!

Daniel 1:3-6...........
" Then the king instructed Ashpenaz, the master of his eunuchs, to bring some of the children of Israel and some of the king’s descendants and some of the nobles, 4 young men in whom there was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and [a]literature of the Chaldeans. 5 And the king appointed for them a daily provision of the king’s delicacies and of the wine which he drank, and three years of training for them, so that at the end of that time they might serve before the king. 6 Now from among those of the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah."

Daniel was a man of royal seed, but now he is a captive slave. The king wants the master of the ENUNUCHS, Ashpenaz to take Daniel and his friends and set them aside for training. This was the normal process of the Babylonians when then took over a country.

They would be taught the language of the Chaldeans and their culture. That does NOT refer t or mean the Aramaic language.
History has shown us that Babylon had and kept large libraries and records. They had classified books on all subjects and in fact were similar to our libraries today.

The term CHALDEANS is a general term and it simply means "Babylonian". Later on it is used in a restricted sense and it simply means "wide men" but Daniel uses the word both ways in his writings.

The popular phrase used a lot today when someone is in trouble or a situation of distress is........."Well, there must be sin in his life".

Consider Daniel and his friends situation. Where they were and what happened to them was none of their doing!!!!!
Daniel had NOT sinned nor had he failed to honor God in all that he did, but here he is, a slave in captivity! How could that be???????

Did he has unconfessed sin in his life? NO!

Folks, his nation had sinned and failed to honor God and Daniel was part of that nation. Does that ring a bell?????
Godly people are always affected when God judges a nation. Daniel was a slave because of the sins of his people, the nations of Israel and Judah. God then used a pagan king to punish the Jews for their failure.

Now........THINK! That being the case, then what does that say about you and me living in the USA today?????
America is NOT a Christian nation anymore. It was founded as one, but that has changed. America has left God!
Just like Daniel, a lot of people are Christians and they live in America, but America is not a Christian nation.

Daniel 1:7...........
"Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego."

The captives are given new names. That was a very common practice in that day and in fact is not in question to the Word of God.

The name Daniel means..............................."God is judge".
His new name of Belteshazzar means....."Preserve thou O Bel, his life".

It is clear that Daniel did not like his new name as he only used it FIVE (5) times in his own book but used Daniel 75 times.

"Daniel", his real name is used in Ezekiel 14:14; 20; & 28:3---Matthew 23:15 and Mark 13:14 but his heathen name of Belteshazzar is NEVER USED except as listed in his own book.

Hananiah means................................................................"Gift of God".
His new name was SHADRACH which means........"Command of AKU" who was the Moon god of Babylon.

Mishael means...................................................................."Who is what God is".
His new name was MESHACH which means..........."Who is as AKU".

Azariah means......................................................................"Whom Jehovah helps".
His new name was ABEDNAGO which means........."Servant of NEBO" who was the god of science.

The meaning of words and names was very important to the Hebrews. Consider Daniels name for instance.
First of all , Daniel was God's man on the Earth serving as a spokesman for God in the middle of complete heathenism.

He did what YOU and I need to do. We all need to get out and explain the Word of God to those around us. We are surrounded by a lost world that has been judged guilty and is on the way to hell. Their only hope is for YOU and ME to tell them the story of Jesus the Christ so that they may be saved from the judgment.

Second, Daniel's name says that the final word and verdict is God's and not man. The new names were intended to remove the memory and purpose of Jehovah from these men. However, it is impossible to erase and delete the love and message of allmighty God!
All four of these men will become a great influence in the world that they live in.

My prayer and encouragement is that YOU and I will do the very same thing.

I hope that YOU realize that by placing this teaching study of Daniel, we are getting out the Word of God to the world over the miracle of the internet!

Daniel 1:8-11............
"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs. And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king. Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah."

It seems that Daniel is the spokesman for all the men. They have made their PURPOSE as clear as day. They will not eat food that came from the kings table.

The Law of God forbade them those things. (Lev. 3:17. 7:26. 17:10-14. Exodus 34:15)

It is very possible that the meat was not butchered properly and not prepared correctly. That in itself speaks to God's care for them.

Bad meat means a very sick person and in that day, probably death. Is their a spiritual lesson here for us???????
They did what we need to do......Take a stand for the Word of God! Be bold and confident and convicted by doing what God said!

Today.....we live is a world where people have PREFERENCES instead of CONVICTIONS.
A PREFERENCE is what WE want to do.
A CONVICTION is what God tells us HE wants us to do.

The choice of course is ours but the consequences of making the wrong choice is also ours.

The plights of these men were the direct result of obeying the Word of God. Anyone committed to God will be attacked by Satan, of that you can be absolutely sure. But you can be just as assured that a faithful servant will be protected by God just as were these men. Daniel had a PURPOSE in his life and he had CONVICTIONS!

Daniel 1:12-14.......
"“Test your servants for vten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat kthe king’s food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.” 14 So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days."

This was a 10 day test of and a real challenge to Daniel's faith in God because 10 days is not a lot of time to see a big change due to their eating habits.

"PULSE" would be vegetables and grains and beans.

This should not be taken to mean that they were vegans, but that they followed the Law. They could not eat meat that was not properly prepared. That was the Law of Moses, not the changing of their names forbade.

Daniel 1:15-16............
"And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat. 16 Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse."

Again we see the providence of God in their lives. At the end of the 10 days they were looking good. So good in fact that Melzar took away the meat and wine they did not want and gave them what they did want. Their bodies were fit for God's use and something as easy as eating the correct foods showed everyone around them what kind of testimony they had for God.

Anyone reading this feel the need to change their eating habits?????????

Daniel 1:17..........
"As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams."

They were physically blessed and mentally prepared and spiritually filled. They took a stand for God's Word and God did what He said He would do.....He blessed them greatly!

Daniel had the same blessing BUT.......he was also blessed in a special way gift in that he was now going to be able to understand visions and dreams and those gifts would help the Hebrews. We will see this take place in front of our very eyes.

Daniel 1:18-21.......
"Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king. And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm. And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus."

The king is NO dummy! He did not get to be where he was because he was pretty!

"Now at the end of the days" is NOT the 10 days of testing. It is after THREE (3) years as recorded in verse #5.
After 3 years of being watched, prepared and groomed it is obviouse to the kong that he had something special in front of him. He had something better than he had.
As you can see, the obedience that these four men gave to God sat the standard for their lives and Daniel would do what he felt God wanted him to do.

Daniel 2:1-3...........
"And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him. 2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king. 3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream."
Throughout history, God has used some very strange things to get His point across to us. WHY is that?????

Because we are stubborn and hardheaded!!!! We do not like to be told what to do and we know more than God. Ask anybody!

God used a mule to rebuke the madness of Balaam.
He used a raven to feed Elijah.
He used a chicken to convict Peter.
He used a lion when dealing with Samson.
He used crying sheep to indict Saul.

Here the king is dreaming. He had a dream that bothered him greatly and caused him to lose sleep over it. He needed the dream to be interpreted but he couldn't remember the dream. Ironic in that he was a king who troubled God's people and now he is being troubled by God. As we go deeper into this book we will see that without a doubt that it is God who is working His plan in this situation.

Do you recall anyone else who was able to skillfully interpret dreams?
It was JOSEPH!

At this point, Daniel is in a 3 year period of training for the kings court. The king is distressed and calls for all of his advisiors. ALL of these "Advisors" are in fact involved in MAGIC/spells/witchcraft. Everything that that are involved in esprecially forbidden by God in Deuteronomy 18:10-14.

A "wizard" is a male and a "witch" is a female who practice witchcraft and according to the Word of God, they are to be killed.
Talking to the dead is called "Necromancy" and it too is strictly forbidden.

Some people who believe that they are Christians have problems with this command/law. They want to dabble in ASTROLOGY and Palm reading and fortune telling. May I say to you candidly, if you are one of those people, you need right now to re-commit yourself to the Lord Jesus Christ and come out from this sin and rebellion!

In our text here you can see how pagan the king was as he calls for ALL of the people involved in these activities to help in his dream.
Even he does not remember the dream but he wants them to tell him what it was. The thing to notice here is that these people claimed to be able to reveal secrets and tell the future but that claim is about to be put to the test.

Daniel 2:4-9...........
"Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation. The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill. 6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof. 7 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it. 8 The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me. 9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof."

Now, some one may be thinking.......I know all this stuff or, this is boring. Why are you doing it???

May I say to you that if you do not have a "working knowledge" of the book of Daniel.......YOU will never understand the book of the Revelation!
You will always be confused and will be led into all kinds of rabbit holes and false teachings.
However....to get to the PROPHETIC parts of Daniel one must go through the actual historical conclusion to get the proper CONTEXT of the whole book!

"O King live forever" was a common greeting used in the East.

Syriac and Aramaic are used together in that day.

This section of Daniel is written in Aramaic. Chapters 2:4 through chapter 7:28 are in Aramaic and the rest is in Hebrew.

The kings response here is one of arrogance, violence and extremism. Of course that comes from stress over the dream and it shoild be noted that in all historical accounts, kings and rulers in the past were almost always extreme. You see, human life was cheap and their own pride and passion combined with complete power was the ruin of many a ruler.

Do you think that has changed over the years? Do you think that complete power corrupts completely.????

Last edited:
Daniel 2:10-11.............
"The Chaldeans answered the king and said, “There is not a man on earth who can meet the king's demand, for no great and powerful king has asked such a thing of any magician or enchanter or Chaldean. 11 The thing that the king asks is difficult, and no one can show it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.”

The king is told that there is just NO ONE around who could "shew the king in this matter".

They tell him....."Only the gods" could do such a thing and they did not live in a flesh body or in other words....WE CAN NOT HELP YOU!

Actually what they said was 100% accurate!

What they did not know is that the God of Creation can and does work through people to give divine revelations and directions......
BUT THEY ARE ABOUT TO FIND THAT OUT!!!!!!

Daniel 2:12-13............
" For this reason the king was angry and very furious, and gave the command to destroy all the wise men of Babylon. 13 So the decree went out, and they began killing the wise men; and they sought Daniel and his companions, to kill them."

The king is nuts! Ya Think?

He doesn't know what HE dreamed so he kills those who can not tell him what he dreamed! Now that is NUTS!

Now the question must now be........Why Daniel????? He has not be involved at all! He and his friends have not been asked anything.

They were not considered for consultations but now considered for executions? Makes me think that someone wants Daniel and his friends killed. WHY????

I believe that Satan was behind it all. He wanted Daniel and the boys killed because it was through Daniel that we can KNOW about the coming man of sin, THE ANTI-Christ, his purpose, his conditions and of the times that he will come to power.

Daniel 2:14-18..........
"Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king's guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon: 15 He answered and said to Arioch the king's captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel. 16 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation. 17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: 18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon."

There is NO time frame shown to us here. However it seems to me that it had to be at least ONE noght because we see in verse #19 that the revelation came to Daniel "IN A NIGHT VISION".

We can also see here that although Daniel wa very young, he was very wise. It is always best to seek out friends and go to God in prayer and that is what these men did.

Daniel 2:19-23............
"Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. 20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. 23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter."

ANSWERED PYAYER!!!!!!

When they prayed, God heard and God answered! God revealed the dream to Daniel!

It has always bothered me that the one thing we as believers can do and fail to do is pray. No matter what church you belong to, the least attened event of the week is Prayer meeting! We all want someone to pray for us when we have a need, but we do not want to go and pray for others in their need!

Now when Daniel got the answer from God, he praised God! Daniel gave 15 reasons why he praised God...............
1. He has Wisdom.
2. He has Power.
3. He changes the times.
4. He changes the seasons.
5. He removes kings.
6. He sets up kings.
7. He gives Wisdom.
8. He gives knowledge.
9. He reveals deep things.
10He revels secret things.
11He has knowledge of darkness.
12He dwells in the light.
13He gave Daniel wisdom.
14He gave Daniel power.
15He is understanding.

When all is said and done, Daniel said that God is in control! It is God who has the final say!

All of us would be better off today if we could learn that very simple fact!

The problem seems to be that when we WANT something and pray for it and do not get it QUICK as we want it, we try to go out and get it on our own forgetting that the reason we did not get it is because God did not want us to have it!

You see....WE wanted a YES from God and GOD SAID NO! So we take matters into our own hands...........OOPS! Right there we see the problem!

Then when the situation falls apart, what is it we hear said over and over again...........WHY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE????

Daniel 2:24-30...........
"Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation. 25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation. 26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof? 27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; 28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these; 29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. 30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart."

It was Daniel's visit to Arioch that saved the lives of the wide men and himself. Notice that Daniel went to Arioch but when Arioch sees the king, he says ..."I HAVE FOUND A MAN".

What is that?......A LIE!!!! VANITY!!!! PRIDE!!! Actually, Arioch has nothing to do with what Daniel did!

The king was given a dream so that he would know what was going to happen after his death. It was also a revelation of coming world empires that would effect Israel.

Also notice that Daniel took no credit for the interpretation of the kings dream. He claimed to superiority but the king has already said that these FOUR Jews were ten times greater in wisdom than all of his magicians. You would have thought ( I thought) that the king would have considered calling these FOUR Jews before condemning them to death since he was the one who said that they were special.

Now, why did God give Daniel the answers???????????

#1. It saved the lives of Daniel and his friends.
#2. It showed that God answers prayers.
#3. It showed the greatness of God.
#4. It showed the utter failure of the kings wide men/magicians.
#5. It showed that God is sovereign. in human affairs.
#6. It showed "Pagan" society that the God of Israel is still God.

I believe that it would be helpful to understand that God does not want humanity to be ignorant of His plans. He wants to reveal Himself and His purpose to us. Daniel and his friends came to God with a pure heart and spirit with a humble attitude and as a result, they heard from God.

WOW! If only we could learn that lesson today!

Daniel 2:31-35.............
" Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. 32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. 34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth."
EXCELLENT AND TERRIBLE!.
Both words characterize the history of the Gentile powers from the days of NEBUCHADNEZZAR to the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ with His saints at Armageddon.

The image the king saw had 5 parts made with 5 different kinds of materials.
#1. Gold.
#2. Silver.
#3. Brass.
#4. Iron.
#5. Clay.

Then he sees a SONE NOT MADE FROM HANDS appear and break the feet of the image into many pieces. Those broken pieces are then blown away by the wind.

My dear friends....That STONE that is made without hands is the Lord Jesus Christ!

Isaiah 8:14 says......
"And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem."

Psalms 118:22 says..
"The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."

Acts 4:11 says.........
" This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. "

The STONE does not strike the head or the body but the feet and toes. WHY????
We will see later that the image is a picture (Type) of the coming world powers to persecute Isreal.However, the last world Empire to do so will be the "REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE" which is yet to come.

The Revived Roman Empire is the one out of which will come the "ANTI-CHRIST and he will rule and he will be the one that the SONE will break! It will be the last World Empire to persecute the nation of Israel and the Jews and has part in all of the others thus they set upon it which has the feet in view.

Daniel 2:36-45.............
"This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. 37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. 39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. 41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure."
The dream of the king consisted of FIVE different materials, and they represented FIVE different world empires.

#1. Babylon.......... = GOLD.
#2. Medo-Persia...= SILVER
#3. Greece.............. = BRASS
#4. Rome................ = IRON
#5. Revived Rome = IRON with CLAY

#1. Babylon was the GOLD and the first of the five and it dates all the way back to Genesis 10 and Nimrod. It was right after the flood. It was at that time that Abraham left the area and went west.

At the time of the dream Nebuchadnezzer was of course the king and he ruled Babylon for 70 years in that part of the world. He would lay siege to Jerusalem on 3 different occasions.

Babylon was the cradle of humanity and was very close to the Garden of Eden. The Euphrates River slows through it and actually divides the city.

Jeremiah says in 25:12 that Israel would be oppressed for 70 years by Babylon and that is exactly what happened.

#2. Medo Persia was the SILVER. They actually ended the 70 years of captivty told to us by Jeremiah. This empire was inferior to Babylon as shown by SILVER being less than GOLD. The inferior was NOT in power but in the quality of its government.

Medo-Persia liberated Israel through the works of QUEEN ESTER a Jewish woman who married King Xeries. It was 536 BC when Zerubbabel led 50,000 Jews back to Jerusalem where they began to rebuild the Temple. The Medo-Persia empire ruled until Alexender the Great from Greece conquered them in 331 BC.

#3. GREECE was seen as BRASS under Alexender. This empire was the largest in territory of the 1st three. Alexender not only conquered the territories of the other two but parts of India as well.

It has been said that ALexander was the greatest military genius of all time. He fought in more than 100 battles and died in the city of Babylon at 32 years old. He only ruled for 12 years but effected the whole world from then to today.

#4. Old Rome was seen as IRON. It is also shown as the LEGS of the image. It was stronger than all of the other empires since IRON is stronger than GOLD, SILVER and BRASS. The TWO legs represent the eastern and western divisions of the Old Roman Empire.

Rome conquered and controlled the known world and dominated it for 584 years.

#5. The Revived Roman Empire is seen as IRON/CLAY. It is not as this time in power. It will be destroyed by the STONE from heaven we have already seen. It will be a divided kingdom. Part will be strong and part will be weak hence the TWO materials of the feet and toes.

Just as IRON and CLAY do not mix, neither will the two forms of government mix. Out of this will come TEN KINDOMS that come together and they will be ruled by TEN kings. It is out of that confederation that the ANTI-CHRIST will come and he will assume control of this empire.

I am not seeing a lot of feed back but by know you must realize that if you do not grasp this book by Daniel, you will never grasp the book by John of the Revelation!!!!

Daniel 2:46-49...........
"Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him. 47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret. 48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon. 49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king."

The king is so overcome that he falls and worships Daniel and commands that everyone do the same. He does not know any better. That is a sign of PAGANISM! Pagans tend to worship "THINGS". Trees, water, Sun, Moon, Calves, etc.

This was an introduction to the God of heaven and Creation. In this book we can watch the growth of faith in the heart of this idolatrous king. It will break through the darkness of PAGANISM and he is going to come into the marvelous light of the knowledge of God.

The king makes Daniel a great man but Daniel does not forget his 3 friends. Daniel was an uncompromising man of God and God rewarded him. He knew the Word of God and he stood on it and God blessed him!

Daniel is now moved to "sitting in the gate". That means he is a JUDGE! A Supreme court justice, a prime minister and from this point on he is the one with whom the king confers.

DANIEL Chapter 3 - The king decrees universal idolatry and the Three Hebrew men are cast into the furnace.

Daniel 3:1
Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.”

What is threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits:? When we read verse #5 we see that there will be SIX (6) musical instruments. It does not take a doctors degree to see that even thousands of years ago the # 666 was the mark of the beast.

John in the Revelation said that the Anti-Christ would be known by the number of 666. Here in Daniel we see that same number popping up. Now.....Nebuchadnezzar was not THE Anti-Christ but he was certainly influenced by Satan.

Are you beginning to see why I said that you will never understand the Revelation without the book of Daniel???????

The plain of DURA was like an airport. Large, and flat which would allow for lots and lots of people to gather.

This production to me shows the instability of the king. Very soon we will see that he is actually mentally ill and right here is the beginning. Many believe that this 90 foot tall image was made after the kings likeness and I would be in that same group.

Man was made to worship. It is our nature to do so. However, if we fail to worship the God who created us then we open the door to IDOLATRY! The fact that this image is in the likeness of MAN tells us of the push for "humanism" began a long time ago. That is the basis for the false teaching that man is able to save himself. The coming A/C will say the same thing and direct the world to worship HIS IMAGE!

One of the most damning heresies being taught today in Christianity is the one that says..............
"YOU (Man) have a spark of divinity in you"!

That heresy has been taught by Kenneth Hagan, Richard Roberts, Benny Hinn, Ketteth Copeland just to name a few.

THAT show a total lack of Bible understanding in the name of making a dollar by allowing lost sinners to feel good about themselves.
It is directly in opposition to the Word of God!!!!

Daniel 3:2-3..........
"Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. 3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up."
This was a test of "Allegiance" to the king. IT also suggests that the king is showing signs of Paranoia.

"The word SHERIFFS in the KJV is actually the word Satrap and is a Persian loan word that means protector of the realm. It refers to a specific category of public officials.

The idea of course is to start at the top of the food chain and that will gain control of everyone from that point downward. In other words.........anyone who did not like what was going on---who would they complain to???

Notice that Daniel is not listed. It may be that he was away, involved in come business matters.

Back