CULTS--A Systematic Teaching

However, are there any that are 100% biblical?" there will always be a difference in doctrinal teaching. the Pentecostals teach the baptism of the Holy spirit is the evidence of speaking in lounges. the Baptist do not some groups of Baptist teach osas/ eternal security , other Baptist do not.. but none of the above makes them a cult or a false religion.... imo a cult is anything contrary to the Bible. there will always be doctrine differences
Corret!

There are all kinds of "BAPTISTS"!

Some of the Rattlesnake handlers call themselves Baptists, so YES, there is probably a Baptist church that says OSAS is not Biblical as well as baptizing infants. Those are the outliars not the main line believers.

Hi crossnote
Can you please explain to me what James 3:2 means when it says 'not in word' ?

He can..........but I can as well.

It means, the TONGUE! Speaking words that are harmful to others.
Gossiping. Rumores.

Fact of life #112............."how a person often critical of others is intolerant of criticism directed toward himself is always confusing."

We say about teasing, "Don't give it unless you can take it!"

Similarly, we enjoy people who are warm and friendly, and we feel warm and friendly when we are around them. Happy people tend to attract other happy people, while bitter or angry people often find another unhappy person with whom they can share their complaints.

I would ask in reply, "In doctrine or in practice?"

James 3:2
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Hi crossnote

The true church of God should be 100% biblical in both doctrine and in practice.

If a person teaches one thing and practices the opposite of their teaching, then it means that the person is a hypocrite.

Are there churches that at 100% biblical in both doctrine and in practice?

Hi crossnote

The true church of God should be 100% biblical in both doctrine and in practice.

If a person teaches one thing and practices the opposite of their teaching, then it means that the person is a hypocrite.

Again......You are asking an impossible question.

Are all men sinners? YES.

Who makes up ALL churches......SINNERS.

So, is there a perfect church that practices Bible doctrine all the time. NO! WHY.......read the answer above.

Do some try? YES!

Hi crossnote

I don't believe so FF as that would require sinless perfect people, as the Church is made up of people...none who are perfect.
(Sorry, I see Major above, beat me to the punch).
Hey Major, how was the punch? lol

Last edited:
there is that general Baptist and free will . actually i find it silly to argue over such things.. that is why i teach a know so salvation

F61.......there is a lot more than just those.

The Sub groups number maybe 1000 - probably more in just America. Each sub-group may have several hundred.

F61.......there is a lot more than just those.

The Sub groups number maybe 1000 - probably more in just America. Each sub-group may have several hundred.
i looked them up once there is bunch Baptist. i heard a old time preacher man say he was glad he got saved before coming a baptist

Again......You are asking an impossible question.

Are all men sinners? YES.

Who makes up ALL churches......SINNERS.

So, is there a perfect church that practices Bible doctrine all the time. NO! WHY.......read the answer above.

Do some try? YES!
Hi Major

If this is the case, then why are some churches labelled as cults and others are not?

I am not Catholic and do not support the Catholic church, but admire the fact that they are honest and openly admit that they do not do everything that the bible says and that they do follow man-made traditions.

But some Christians, who like the Catholics also practice man-made traditions and other non-biblical things label the Catholic church as a cult.
The bible calls this behavior hypocrisy. If you label and condemn someone else for doing something which you are also doing, then you are hypocrite.

Matthew 7:1-5 says
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

There is no difference between Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. because they are all not obeying the bible fully.

Hi Major

If this is the case, then why are some churches labelled as cults and others are not?

I am not Catholic and do not support the Catholic church, but admire the fact that they are honest and openly admit that they do not do everything that the bible says and that they do follow man-made traditions.

But some Christians, who like the Catholics also practice man-made traditions and other non-biblical things label the Catholic church as a cult.
The bible calls this behavior hypocrisy. If you label and condemn someone else for doing something which you are also doing, then you are hypocrite.

Matthew 7:1-5 says
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

There is no difference between Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. because they are all not obeying the bible fully.

I have in this study listed why some organizations are considered CULTS.
I have listed for you what each organization thinks of God-Jesus Christ-The Holy Spirit-What their authority springs from- how do their converts get to heaven-what do they think will happen after death.

When their teachings DO NOT MATCH what is found in the Bible, they are then considered a CULT.

You said........
"I am not Catholic and do not support the Catholic church, but admire the fact that they are honest and openly admit that they do not do everything that the bible says and that they do follow man-made traditions."

By YOUR definition and words, you are saying that the Catholic church is a Cult. I HOWEVER said that the RCC is a religion unto itself and by its own admission is not a Classic Biblical Christian Church. It has basic indentations but then over the years has followed MAN MADE traditions instead of the Bible.

You said.............
"There is no difference between Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. because they are all not obeying the bible fully."

That is YOUR OWN PERSONAL opinion and as I explained already, it is not valid. It is one thing to TRY to follow Bible doctrine and fail in one way or another. It is a totally different thing to Purposefully teach false, heretical teachings of man.

I am confused as to why YOU would think that there are no differences in the religions you listed---
" because they are all not obeying the bible fully."

It seems to me that you are being fed some very suspicious information, even deceptive.

Now just to address your posting of Matthew 7:1-5.
The ONLY way that exposing an organization as a CULT falls into the arena of hypocrisy is that if the information given is a LIE or a FALSE statement. As for what I have posted.......every single word is easily found out simply by looking it up.

To try and say that the Baptists, and Methodists, and Lutherans etc. are the same as Catholic's JW's and Mormons because they do not obey every single Bible doctrine is simply an erroneous thought. I would encourage you to go back in history to examine the REFORMATION and why it took place.

Are you trying to say that no one should expose the false, heretical teachings of CULTS because no one is perfect ?????

Acts 20:28.......
"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers."

Please clarify your opinion! You see......all that is needed for evil to exist, is to do nothing!

Last edited:
Back