What Manner of Gospel Message Will They Speak?

On my way back this evening from Kansas back down into Okielahoma, and I thought about Revelation 7, and the innumerable mass of saints standing before the Throne, worshipping the Lord. I will quote the relevant scriptures after discussing the thoughts, the prayer, and what came to me in what seems an answer that arose right up out of the scriptures themsevels.

Musing upon the sheer magnitude of success the 144,000 sealed witnesses have in their Gospel message, and compare that to this modern day of ours. Think about it...those witnesses have such a powerful message that those to whom they witness convert and go willingly to their deaths, many who will be martyred for their faith. I asked the Lord what manner of message they could possibly have that's more amazing than the Gospel message as we know it right now, and how the stark contrast could be so glaring in its obvious differences to today.

Well, what came up out of the words of scripture to me in answer painted an image in my mind of the stark contrast in environments. In other words, the Gospel message will not change. What changes is the environment, and the powers released in the Revelation environment period. The horrors they will all observe and experience will drive their hearts to a level of receptiveness to the Gospel message like never before in this present age of comforts and lukewarm-ness we see ourselves in today. They will be desperate for someOne who can anchor them to a future that they currently see no reason to even consider while partying and doping it up.

The 144,000 will have this as the empowering force behind their message to the masses:

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants--things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified [it] by His angel to His servant John,

We today don't have that since it has not yet begun, but when it does...wow. The impact is seen here:

Revelation 7:9-10, 13-14
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, (Notice the absence of mention for crowns.)
10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation [belongs] to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" ...
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?"
14 And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

There it is. The restrainer is removed, the man of sin comes to power, makes a peace agreement in favor of Israel living in peace for seven years, only to break that agreement half way through those seven years, and all is chaos, suffering and death, touching even the most wealthy and powerful on the earth.

So, the 144,000 have an advantage...although not one that I personally want behind my witness to others, because I don't want to be here for any of that:

Luke 21:35-36
35 "For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

I'd like to see your thoughts.

MM

Hi MM,

The great multitude that no one can count turn to God before they die of heat, or hunger or thirst. (Rev. 7: 16) They believe the good news of the kingdom rule that the Messiah was coming to rule the world.

The Holy Spirit is still drawing people to God but they are not being put into the Body of Christ. That purpose will have been completed. These in the trib, turn to God and in His great mercy He saves them.

They have palm branches in their hands which identify them as those that will go on to the new earth (eventually). The palm branches represent the booths, the tabernacle in the wilderness, and the fulfillment is the Tabernacle of God coming down shining its glory over the new earth. ((Rev. 21: 3 & 24)

The 144,000 will be able to open their bibles and show the people what is happening and what to expect next. As you said the conditions are very different for them. Things that are yet future for us will be current events for them. A 1 world leader, a 1 world government, and a 1 world religion will all be in existence.

Back