1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

What is this feeling ? have you ever felt this before..or is it just me lol

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by autumn oddity, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Okay ... I was on another site ...

and this guy was talking about his spiritual exp..

He says he's felt the Lord's presence and knows when he's near ( of course many have experienced that)

My question is....

Like w/ me... idk maybe this may just be me.. (but I've been wondering lol) but
    whether Im alone or w/ people ..I always feel something next to me... (and its not people lol.).. physically nothing is there..but It feels as if something/someone is there)

Like do you know what I mean XD .. Im not trying to confuse anyone lol
    just explaining to the best of my ability....

anywho.. I was wondering..is that it..

is that god's prescence or.. just me..

thanks in advanced for all who answer ^^
  2. Just me.....but I feel we won't know until later. After death.

Why? For a few reasons -

The mind is very powerful and words too. What I'm getting at is the power of suggestion. What others say and do influence us and our perception. Also, is it the enemy trying to sway us in another direction? Or is it God almighty.

What I would do, and have done in the past, is pray for discernment, vision, and wisdom to know the difference. And search the Word, aka bible, for scriptural answers.

So I think and feel you are right in questioning what you encounter. Perhaps, don't accept or deny it. If you can understand that?

3. Yeah, Like I don't think much of it... most times... but when he went on abt his experience and God's presence..I thought..maybe 'what I could be feeling may be Him...

then again it could be just me lol XD
    dUmPsTeR likes this.
  4. One thing it makes me think of is when a doctor tells someone they have so long to live; they pretty much just signed their death certificate. Now the patient has that gnawing at them and they dwell on it. All too often they think themselves away unfortunately.

Keep in mind, scripture says, satan is the prince of the power of the air (paraphrased). What all that entails, I don't know, but I take it as warning.

And I don't think we are to know everything now, other wise we wouldn't have a choice, aka free will, to choose Him or.....

I have also learned, and this is backed up in scripture, Knowledge brings sorrow. I can attest to that for sure.

So I try to concentrate on Love, hope, understanding of others, the Word, prayer, and not letting outside worldly influence, influence me.
  5. I understand what your saying..but even when Im not focused on God..when Im doing other things I feel that sometimes...

so ...idk
  6. Psalm 139:7-12 (NASB)
    7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
    Or where can I flee from Your presence?
    8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
    If I make my bed in [a]Sheol, behold, You are there.
    9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
    If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
    10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
    And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
    11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will [b]overwhelm me,
    And the light around me will be night,”
    12 Even the darkness is not dark [c]to You,
    And the night is as bright as the day.
    Darkness and light are alike to You.

7. ummm... ok lol
  8. We have an omnipresent God

When I lay down
    when the day
    has reached its end
    You are there
    In the darkness of night
    You are there
    The world lays sleeping
    You are there
    In the still of darkness
    I lifted my voice to heaven
    Your praise is in my heart
    You comfort me in knowing
    You are there
    I long for You
    Both night and day
    There is joy in my heart
    You are there
    You are King
    Master Teacher
    Creator of all things
    Where I am
    You are there

autumn oddity likes this.

9. right^^
  10. The reality of always being in the presense of God is sobering to say the least ....... I use to think that if no one saw or no one knew I got away with something ...... now I know the only one I am concerned with seeing I cannot hide from.

You are only a prayer away
    You wake with me in the morning
    You protect me throughout my day
    You comfort me while I am sleeping
    You wipe my fears away
    You fill my dreams with Your love
    You hear all the words I say
    You paved my way to eternity
    You are only a prayer away